1/6 DID A80167 U.S. Army Air Forces Pilot - Captain Rafe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
DID Pilot.jpg

Last edited:
Shizzle, wasn't planning on adding another ww2 fig after the six I got, but I haven't got a pilot representative... đź‘€. Let's see where this is going.

I'm more excited at the prospect of getting a P-51D Mustang cockpit!

I've got a number of USAAF pilot and bomber gunner figures but will definitely welcome another, especially if it is based on a real person.

Brief Introduction​

The United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) was created on 20 June 1941 as successor to the previous United States Army Air Corps and is the direct predecessor of the United States Air Force. It was the largest military aviation force during World War II. In Europe, the USAAF carried out strategic bombing against Germany and its allies. In the Pacific, the USAAF participated in battles such as the Battle of Midway and the Solomon Islands campaign, and assisted the Allied Forces in victory through island-hopping tactics. In 1947, the USAAF merged with the Naval Air Forces to form the modern U.S. Air Force.

DID proudly presents a 1/6 WWII USAAF Pilot – Captain Rafe, featuring a super authentic headsculpt with tightly closed lips, a serious expression, and his eyes filled with the desire for victory.

Captain Rafe wears a brown shirt and trousers, with a beige tie that can be tucked inside the shirt. Over the shirt, he can wear WWII A-2 jacket, or a USAAF pilot A4 Flying suit. He may wear a garrison cap or an officers service cap and a B-6 helmet when in combat. Around his waist is an M1936 belt and a trousers belt, and genuine-leather WWII US service shoes are on his feet. His typical pilot’s outfit showcases his heroic demeanor.

He has an M1911 pistol, which operates on a short-recoil principle with large caliber bullets that are highly damaging. It is reliable, durable, easy to maintain, and comes with a genuine-leather pistol holster.

The USAAF pilot is equipped with US-pilot-specific B3 life jacket, AN6510 parachute, USAAF A-8B oxygen mask, AN-6530 goggles, headset and throat microphone. Additional accessories include M1911 magazine pouch, sunglasses, watch, and cigarette, etc.

A rare USAAF pilot crafted with meticulous detail, just take Captain Rafe home and set up your diorama of the Pacific War!

Full Part List​

Base:
1 Super realistic headsculpt
2 All New – DID 1:6 HG Body (Slim Tall Ver.)
3 Left palm x 3 + right palm x 3

Outfits:
4 WWII US Army Garrison Cap
5 WWII USAAF B-6 Helmet
6 WWII US Army Officers Service Cap
7 WWII USAAF pilot A4 Flying suit
8 WWII Government Issue A-2 Jacket
9 WWII US officer shirt
10 Trousers
11 Tie
12 Brown Gloves
13 M1936 Pistol Belt
14 Trousers belt
15 WWII US service shoes

Accessories:
16 B3 Life Jacket
17 WWII USAAF AN6510
Parachute
18 WWII USAAF A-8B oxygen mask
19 Headset and Throat Microphone
20 M1911 magazine pouch
21 Sunglasses
22 AN-6530 Goggles
23 Watch
24 Cigarette

Weapon:
25 M1911 pistol & holster (genuine leather)

Insignia:
26 WWII US Distinguished Flying Cross Medal
27 WWII USAAF Officer Collar insignia – U.S. Letters
28 WWII USAAF Officer Collar Insignia – Pilot Wings
29 WWII USAAF Pilot Wings
30 WWII USAAF Pinwheel Felt Patch

Wasn't expecting Ben Affleck from the Pearl Harbor movie but I don't mind that it is his character Rafe, I know I'm most likely in the minority but I actually really enjoy the 2001 movie especially when you take it for what it is in adding a story based around a historical event.

I wonder if they will do a second figure to make danny?
likeness is not perfect but I really see Ben affleck in this shot which is also my favorite look.
464054-DID-Rafe-18.jpeg

464044-DID-Rafe-8.jpeg

Last edited:
Wasn't expecting Ben Affleck from the Pearl Harbor movie but I don't mind that it is his character Rafe, I know I'm most likely in the minority but I actually really enjoy the 2001 movie especially when you take it for what it is in adding a story based around a historical event.

I wonder if they will make a second figure to make danny?
likeness is not perfect but I really see Ben affleck in this shot which is also my favorite look.

I can't remember if I've seen the film. Didn't recognise the 'Rafe' connection and assumed DID had mistyped one pronunciation of Ralph!

I'm liking the look of the figure a lot. It's going to have to be a double purchase: one for the full gear with flying jacket and trousers, but probably wearing the service cap and holding his flying helmet; and one for the full gear with the flight suit.

With an extra pair of boots the spare parts would give options for another figure, as you probably wouldn't need the shirt and tie under the main flight suit figure if it was buttoned up.

DID Rafe 10.jpg

DID Rafe 8.jpg

DID Rafe 12.jpg

The figure is on my "to purchase" list, and Pearl Harbor is on today's "to watch" list.

I'm sorted for boots for the third figure, as my third Marseille was wearing an old DID US Army pair. He's now wearing more appropriate Dragon Models German boots, so he can donate his to the Allied war effort.

I immediately recognized the "Pearl Harbor - Rafe" connection upon seeing the pics at OneSixthKit's site.

As with Asta, this will definitely be a multiple purchase. Just too many display options available in the set.

I wouldn't put it past DiD to release an accessory set, similar to what they did with Marseille and offer a "Danny" head sculpt in it.

It looks like it will finally be time to retire my venerable bashed USAAF pilot figure , made up of DML/Dragon parts.

P-51D pilot custom.jpg

I wonder if they will do a second figure to make danny?

I immediately recognized the "Pearl Harbor - Rafe" connection upon seeing the pics at OneSixthKit's site.

As with Asta, this will definitely be a multiple purchase. Just too many display options available in the set.

I wouldn't put it past DiD to release an accessory set, similar to what they did with Marseille and offer a "Danny" head sculpt in it.

Since DID have said the "Head sculpture is currently undergoing perfection", they seem to have more than a passing interest in the film. So they may very well make a Josh Hartnett sculpt. An accessory set would make sense, like the George C. Scott Patton.

But what accessories could they offer? Tropical clothing and gear?

I'm an hour and twenty into the film. I think I must've avoided it due to the bad rep it got for anachronisms and mistakes, but it's actually a good watch.

Thia looks to be a great figure! My Dad was with the 5th Air Force in the Pacific, 1944-45 and I've been wanting a good figure to represent the USAF. Thanks for posting these pics!
One of my favorite films is "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo" about the Doolittle Raid. When growing up any time that played on tv, we'dio watch it. Dad enjoyed it a lot, especially the flying sequences. It still holds up for me and is a fantastic watch.

I still think "Tora! Tora! Tora!" is a fantastic docu-drama covering the infamous day.

"Pearl Harbor", in my opinion, was an attempt to make a "war film" into a "chick flick" and to be honest, I preferred the whole love triangle angle to the actual historical content, which I found a bit absurd, in context. I do like Hans Zimmer's score, as well.

I still think "Tora! Tora! Tora!" is a fantastic docu-drama covering the infamous day.

"Pearl Harbor", in my opinion, was an attempt to make a "war film" into a "chick flick" and to be honest, I preferred the whole love triangle angle to the actual historical content, which I found a bit absurd, in context. I do like Hans Zimmer's score, as well.

Tora! Tora! Tora! was good one.

Finished Pearl Harbor a few minutes ago. It had some spectacular scenes, but I had to watch it like I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark, because it played so fast and loose with history.

I downloaded Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo while I was at it on Garret's recommendation.

I agree on them making it somewhat of a chick flick. I watched Tora! Tora! Tora! and Pearl Harbor back to back and that is when I appreciated the 2001 movie more for what it did in the battle sequence itself, they captured more horror and drama in the individuals on the ships/battleship row.

And speaking from experience I know for a fact most people just won't be interested in Tora! Tora! Tora! just like A bridge too far, these older movies are perfect for us history buffs who love all the dialogue and planning that goes into these military operations but a modern audience/average movie watcher doesn't have the attention span or interest for it, so Pearl Harbor did a great job at what it was trying to do especially including the Dolittle raid which most people don't know happened.

Back