1/6 DID - A80164 WWII General Of The United States Army George Smith Patton Jr. + E60071 Accessory Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is likely to arrive on Monday, so you're lucky getting it now.

What's your overall opinion?

Overall he's very good, and I think he'll be impressive once sorted out.

The giant poppers and (usual) oversized gloves are disappointing, though I wasn't planning to use either.

Sculpts are great, especially the George C. Scott.

The flying jacket is so good it's begging to be used somehow.

For what looked like a fairly simple figure he took a long time to complete.

Putting the stars on the helmet was horrible to do. DID supplied a square of double sided tape that you have to apply to the backs yourself, but you have to try and use as little tape as possible otherwise it shows. Then it's not easy judging the correct place to put the first star, and aligning the others.

Getting the rings onto the moulded hands took an age as well. They'd have probably gone onto the bendy ones easily, but I haven't liked that style since DML were using them. I sliced the fingers up to the knuckles and softened the hands in hot water, and with a lot of struggling they eventually went up to the joints.

Didn't find the sculpt easy to photograph, which is a shame because he looks really good.

In the first his gun belt got pushed up after I adjusted the gloves.

100_4514.JPG

100_4502.JPG

100_4505.JPG

Fantastic review, Asta.

There are just too many good figures being released and not enough funds in the "play money" account...

I think including both sculpts was a brilliant move on DiD's part. That would be great to continue, going forward.

I've been trying to find a way to use the flying jacket.

My only option was Virgil Hilts, who only went into the WWII display a week ago since he's never fitted due to his non-standard prison wear.

100_4509.JPG

I went as far as putting the unused Ujindou SAS shirt on him before trying Patton's jacket... and it didn't look good. It'd need a bulkier body to fill it out because he looked swamped in it.

I returned him to his stock outfit, but zipped up his jacket for the first time in nine years to hide the T-shirt. I added the M1941 field cap from the Ujindou Big Red One... and a funny thing happened...

100_4527.JPG

....He turned into Michael J. Pollard. :lol

Michael J Pollard.jpeg

Still want to find a use for Patton's B3. :unsure:

From the accessory set I have Willie with Patton; used the nameplate, and have found a use for the George C. Scott sculpt.

I put him on the general staff Oberst made from DID Stauffenberg spares:

100_4626.JPG

100_4629.JPG
100_4630.JPG
100_4631.JPG

I broke down and ordered both the Patton figure and accessory set.

The funny thing is that initially just wanted the leather jacket from the set but the price for it loose on Ebay was at least half of the cost of the set so just ordered the set. Then I thought, "in for an ounce, in for a pound" and ordered the full figure as well...

The figure should arrive on Monday. I've got the accessory set on hold, as I wanted to add a few loose parts into the order. I think I'll have them ship it out.

I was tracking the shipment of this figure and UPS posted that it had been delivered yesterday. I never received it. I just filed a claim with UPS.

A similar incident has happened to me twice before but with USPS, where the tracker showed as delivered and it never was. It eventually was delivered correctly after filing a claim. I hope that this proves to end as well.

I was tracking the shipment of this figure and UPS posted that it had been delivered yesterday. I never received it. I just filed a claim with UPS.

A similar incident has happened to me twice before but with USPS, where the tracker showed as delivered and it never was. It eventually was delivered correctly after filing a claim. I hope that this proves to end as well.

Hope they sort that out quickly for you.

The Patton accessory set just arrived. :clap

I'll be out of town for a couple of days but when I return, I will check it out, along with a number of new figures (for me) that have or will have arrived. It will be like Christmas in September...

Edit: Interesting packaging.
Patton accessory set.jpg

Back