1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not long to wait now.
1687078330266.png

1687078343952.png

1687078370832.png

1687078407159.png

The damaged eye headsculpt looks better than the stock to me.. but not too jazzed on the disaparity between the head sculpt colour, body colour and even hand colour..

(Photos from TNS's Facebook page)

Not long to wait now.
View attachment 645495

View attachment 645496

View attachment 645497

View attachment 645498

The damaged eye headsculpt looks better than the stock to me.. but not too jazzed on the disaparity between the head sculpt colour, body colour and even hand colour..

(Photos from TNS's Facebook page)
Not too bad. Yeah the head color and hand look a bit different. Could simply be the camera making the difference appear that way....
I agree the damaged head looks more like Mel than the regular head, but not bad either way. I wanted a second Mad Max to go along with my Present Toys one and this is it. Will purchase.

Photos look good enough/

Looks to have the same yellow head syndrome that their Rick Deckard did. Hopefully we get the option to buy a better painted version from eBay.

I'm in two minds about this figure, as I was following this more for interest in Dark Toys quality in general than wanting the figure. I was much more interested in Wez as a Mad Max 2 representative in my collection than Gibson himself and was super unimpressed with every single Mad Max portrait until now, but seeing that battle damaged head is making me second guess.

I'm just not sure if I want to or am inspired to put Deckard-level effort in to this figure... I've just gotten onto doing builds of resing 3D printed kits and a lot of my creative focus is going on them. But just looking at this as an opportunity to work on later as they have a habit of disappearing pretty quickly once they've got any kind of buzz about them.

It does look like it needs a lot of paint and weathering at this stage, aside from accessory customising that it might require.

A body swap to better match the skin tone of the head, looks like the first thing to do. Closely followed by weathering the outfit. I'll most likely use the 2nd head on the Premiere Toys figure. I'll have 1 figure on the shelf and 1 in the car I'm building.

Back