1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doubt it. But if she does it will have that new metal zipper like the most recent. I actually sent her a message a day ago if she still can make one for me. Lol

Her outfit still is likely the best... but it is always nice to have options.

Just happy to have this long-wanted figure being made.

Now I hope someone will make Wez and Humungus rather than a couple more Maxs.
I'm in for everything I hope someone says **** it and makes the intercepter. Lmao

I can't have Batmobiles and DeLoreans so I would have to pass... but I'd love to see one.

I'm not sure how deep I would go into Road Warrior. I think Max, Wez and Humungus would make just a about a perfect shelf.

Fury Road: Max, Furiosa and Immortan Joe

Thunderdome: long-haired Max with kama, Master-Blaster and Ironbar (I like his kabuki mask)

The sculpt for the original Cult King set was way oversized and they had to mod a body to try and offset the bobble head look (it didn’t work). Noggin still looks a bit Melon-head Gibson in this knock-off.

Yep, 100% correct. The images in the photo are of an original CultKing Road Fighter figure. It's the distinctive white zipper and sculpted boots that are the indicators. It's incredible that there are now three. I'm intrigued to know how they were able to access the figure. Plus the other Scott P. Figure. They are very limited and not easy to come by on the secondary market.

DARK TOYS 1/6 Warrior Max Deluxe Edition Set DX
Product Code: DTM005

Products include:

head sculpt (normal version)
head sculpt (war damaged version)
black leather jacket
black leather pants
black vest
Black Knee Pads
Black Tactical Belt with Holster
Tactical Shoulder Armor
Warrior Gloves X 4
Warrior Boots
Cattle Dog Dog
Food
Binoculars
Auxiliary Stand
Tactical Knife
Shotgun with Shotgun
Tool A
Tool B
Body
Pattern Stand

Cut-off time October 7, 2021
Shipment in the third quarter of 2022

Is anyone else past the point of "enough is enough" with these "pre-orders" from companies with questionable track records at best? Yeesh.

Is anyone else past the point of "enough is enough" with these "pre-orders" from companies with questionable track records at best? Yeesh.
aplausos-clapped.gif

Well, I won't say "no" to multiple Maxs... It simply assures at least one will get made.

It will be interesting in Present Toys case just how many of those figures can they make, and make well. Already, judging by Alfred, quality is falling off. I imagine the first figures will be good to entice further POs, and then the bottom will fall out at some point with the delivered items... until the company just folds and becomes another.

The only 3rd Party I have faith in so far is Toys Era/In Famous.

Art Figures is uneven, but in 2nd place for me.

I don't have experience with any others yet. But I'm sure I will with Max and Indy.

Who actually ships first will be interesting.

Premier is due this December.

Present and Dark Toys both Q3 2022.

So it will be a year before we see how the others do. My guess is Max fans can't wait and get the Premier figure, supplement later with gear or parts from the other two.

Premier is due this December.

Present and Dark Toys both Q3 2022.

So it will be a year before we see how the others do. My guess is Max fans can't wait and get the Premier figure, supplement later with gear or parts from the other two.
I am one that pre-ordered the Premier figure and hope to be able to upgrade with any better parts from the other two if/when they do release. But at least I will have a decent representation of Mad Max on display, in the meantime.

It reminded me of the ToyWorks "Agent Smith" figure which I picked up. Hot Toys has yet to announce their version and in the meantime, I've got a surprisingly good representation on display.

I doubt we will get an official figure any time soon due to rights issues. I may go with the dark toys figure but that head is big.

So Dark Toys is Redman? That kills my enthusiasm. The 'leather' on their Blade Runner Roy Batty coat was some of the worst I've seen. Really cheap looking with an odd sheen/texture. It actually reminded me of old Sideshow pleather pieces that were about to disintegrate (tho it has not disintegrated yet). The least they could've done was make it look good BEFORE it flakes away.

I think the Premier Toys figure looks the worst aesthetically, but using real leather that's not going to disintergrate yet looks scale is an attractive selling point. Kinda torn now.

Back