1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

He looks yellow like Dark Toys' Deckard:

Jose Escobar Lozano

1 h ·

Kit Chen
Great service as always! Very happy with you. The figure looks bad, just like Wez was a surprise, this Max looks very bad, especially the differences in color head, body, hands, can food.
Dark Toys is lowering the quality with which it started.

d1.jpg
d2.jpg
d3.jpg

:slap

Defeated again... for the 3rd time? Why can't someone make a solid Mad Max...?

Now the question becomes: which of the three Maxs was the best? I'm still hoping this one is the best version overall. All need a head replacement, so that's a wash. But I would like to know how the body is on this, how the outfit is, the leather goods, etc.

The head with a repaint looks like it has potential, but that would require skills or extra cash.

I think the problem is people expect too much from companies that recast.

Considering the OG was like 1k + and had the same issues, I don't know what people expect at $190.

Speaking of Max.....now that Max is out I'm excited for this 😂😂
82_600_1000_233a87af-6e9f-43a6-9777-461c9c3358ef_1024x1024.jpg

I'm not down on this yet. It's my last chance for a complete Max so I need more evidence of failure than mismatch skintone and a large Dinki can (it should be large).

I got this Max on order and hope it eventually arrive, also purchase at a very good price the one with "real" leather outfit...wich I plan to retailor a bit...in particular the jacket, do full weathering and detailing, also plan to repaint the heads from Dark Toys, pretty sure it will help a little with likeness. I also plan to do a rework of two bodies I have to give the approx physic of Max in the Road Warrior, why these companies still insist in using extra wide shoulders and muscular bodies in Mad Max figures is beyond me, perhaps nobody in their research/ design dept. saw the movie in the first place. I made for a friend long ago several metal/brass tools for a Mad Max he was doing, probably will do some of these to for one of my Max, wich is missing the hatchet, wrench tool and pouch. Now patiently waiting for the Dark Toys one.

It does look yellow. I find skin tone a strange thing. All companies seem to not put red in many skin tones. Then some prefer the skin tones with those liver spots.

It's all confusing. Max looks good, I agree skin is a bit too yellow. Perhaps some pastel chalk MIGHT help...but who knows. I use it to add red hues on many older head sculpts that seem to lack shades of skin pigments.

Skin is a hard thing because of the filters, 4k scans, and just hard to really get perfect imo.

Parts look pretty good. Outfit still not sure (those big bright zippers). The head looks huge in those pictures but I'm guessing its the phone. Plastic legbrace.

Still no clear shots, no one futzed it yet, and no video review.

My invoice on this is due July 10th. Hoping to see a video review soon. I'm still not too convinced it's much better than the Premiere Wasteland Gladiator figure that I already own.

Back