1/6 COMMANDO/REDHEAT/DIEHARD/BEYONDTHELAW/FIGHTCLUB ~ elämän merimies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 COMMANDO/RED HEAT/DIE HARD2 ~ elämän merimies WIP Custom kitbash

been planning to make this for years! you nailed it! perfection!!!

I would use Vallejo paint. I would go with matte brown and maybe add some satin varnish.

I used louvre acrylics (Lefranc & Bourgeois) raw umber, dunno if it's exactly "artist proof" or not. but I'm suspecting it might be just "student quality" for anyone to use? anyway it promised a satin finish and never delivered... gave it a few days and seems like it settled a bit. still shiny, but not as bad anymore.
vallejo seems very hard to get in finland. haven't really had this "shining problem" w/ these paints before, but should've known to use the varnish... it's really been a long time since I've last painted anything. thanx for reminding me. I think I'll give it a try.

anyhow? I'm long overdue to blood up the DH2 McClane...
so, what do you use for blood elvis? what's the process? could you give a man few pointers?

loving Cobra, can i ask what sculpt and glasses did you use?
rocky III w/ T-1000 glasses.

The Commando Custom is top notch!
thanx.

been planning to make this for years! you nailed it! perfection!!!
which one? sid? sometimes it seems like I'm the only one to even know the movie...

bevare! videos may contain foul language, violence and drug use. RATED-R. view at own risk. I'm solely trusting youtube and it's censorship politics. hoping I wont un-intentionally get myself banned here. not looking to get banned if something violates rules of this site.

[ame="https://youtu.be/Gs7NSfLL62E"]https://youtu.be/Gs7NSfLL62E[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/F2jn-Hq9wZM"]https://youtu.be/F2jn-Hq9wZM[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/suR5LiPas5k"]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/suR5LiPas5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/ame]

ya, it's kinda lame... campy at times... un-intentionally funny and that kinda is the beauty of it somehow.
I'm making the custom solely to myself and dont really care if no-one else knows it...

That's great man, can't wait to see the finished Sid figure.

^ thanx for your support, man.

just doing a little mock-up work and realised it's almost done. the pants are missing, but after that... pretty much all that's left are the gang signs on the vest?
there's no actual need for the gunholsters, knives and other stuff, since they wont show under the jacket anyway...

so, I'm already getting a little ahead of myself...

looking at the pics on the front page, commando has also gone through a lot of little changes since my absense...

I guess I really should take more recent pics for the front page?

Sid's looking good. Haven't seen that movie in awhile but loved it as a kid.

coming together...

making the gang signs seems to take longer than antisipated. I have to photoshop them from scratch really, as there doesn't appear to be any source material on them. dont even show on screen that much or clearly.

guys. any tips on how to paint blonde hair (easily)? cant post any pics right now, but I think it didn't go exactly according to plan.

so, no tips on the blonde hair, huh?

couple of quick snapshots of a sideproject that came together by accident really...

my first head repaint. the original DiD paint aps, rubbed of while sculpting the hair.
not that fond of the haircolor. I'm not much of a painter... I guess it's okay, but would like it to be a bit more realistic. you cant really tell from these shots though...

dont feel too impressed since every bodypart is slighty a different color than the other. head, muscle legs, body... skintone is just off.

Hey,
Long time no post - hope you ok???

ya, no. I'm ok. but a sincere thank you for your concern.
some **** went down at work earlier in the spring and long story short, I just haven't really felt like being around...
so, if anyone has send a PM for me (like I now can see many have) I haven't checked my inbox here in 3 months. if there's something worth answering in there I'll be getting back to everyone on a later date.

all the customs are still unfinished and stuff. though I did rework my custom Rocky IV onto a Leonidas body and it came out quite nice. haven't really worked on anything else for a while... although I'm constantly buying new parts? so, let's see what happens. thanx.

ok, got some wind back in me. just look at this s... id.

spent a few hours yesterday stitching all the patches to the vest. had to draw all of them up from scratch as the imagery on the blu-ray was kinda crap and heavily cropped.
only problem is that I kinda dont like the look of the stitching... might have looked a lot better just glued on?

will show them off later as there's still lotsa stuff to do.
I swapped the body and jacket from the last time you saw it. now the proportions feel better, but there's still something bothering me about the figure... somehow it just looks silly... dunno?

anyhow would still need to make the shirt for it. only problem is I'll most likely have to draw it from scratch too...
unless anyone happens to have a clearer image of the shirt below?

would really help me out...
I have a hunch the elefant necklace will be a drag to make too.

Hi,
Can i please get the insignia set RED HEAT

Can you please PM me - your Inbox is F U L L
Thanks!

Hi,
Can i please get the insignia set RED HEAT

Can you please PM me - your Inbox is F U L L
Thanks!

sorry about that. my inbox is flooded.
right now I'm not home (where the supplies are), but I'll be getting back to you next week or so. that ok?

UPDATE: SID & PARTS LIST ADDED TO THE FIRST PAGE!

--

BEYOND THE LAW
this is Sid, man.

done. finally... I'm really, really happy I saw this through as I started the project well over a year ago.
originally thought about doing this when Hot Toys Chris Taylor was first announced in 2010, but chickened out... and mere 3 years later, here we are
I'm not much of a painter or a sculptor, but I think the long hair and beard came out ok. without the Chris Taylor forehead seam I could've tried something a bit more natural with the hair, but all-in-all I think it came out pretty nice.
EDIT: please mind that the picture was taken at an unflattering angle considering the hair. from other angles it falls more naturally to the figures shoulders...

to me the blu-ray release of "Beyond the Law/Fixing The Shadow/Hart Wie Stahl/Made of Steel" seems very, very dark and the colors just seem somewhat off...
so, I based the color palette on the figure closer to my own recollections of the original PAL VHS-tape I used to have.

I was really struggeling with a good pose, untill I realised something as simple as lighting a cigarette might really fit the character well.
I didn't want to underline the bikerlook with guns etc. something simple works fine with the subjectmatter...

all the printwork was a drag, as it all had to be drawn from scratch, but well worth it... overall a fun little project that somewhere in the process became very, very personal to me.

thanx for looking.

Last edited:
Back