1/6 COMMANDO/REDHEAT/DIEHARD/BEYONDTHELAW/FIGHTCLUB ~ elämän merimies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 COMMANDO/RED HEAT/DIE HARD2 ~ elämän merimies WIP Custom kitbash

DIEHARD2___WIP_72dpi-netti.jpg

This rules, and the fact you made JM from the second film makes it even better. Keep up all the great work

This guy did the same thing to me with CUSTOM COMMANDO, WANT ONE NOW.

breaking the silence

ok, I'm back. satisfied?
my last visit to this forum and (for the most part) to this hobby was almost a year ago... and I can see you have missed me as my PM folder is full to the top.

I'll explain my absence another time (as if anyone cares)... but as to why I descent amongst you this faithful day is the fact that I once again require a little help from my fellow collectors.
I'm looking to start a new custom and the first thing I need is a body. a hot toys dutch or redfield rubber body to be exact.
now, I have heard these bodies have started to suffer from the cracking issues and am fairly confident a few of them might be looking for a new home right about now.
so, if you are looking to let one go, please shoot me a PM for details. let's do this thing. thank you.

as for the condition of the body, a broken leg or a wrist peg dont matter, as long as the rubber itself is fine/good/acceptable.

i have a redfield and billy sole body i may sell at right price, just saw a redfield on evilbay at 144 gbp sheeesh, and no billy bods anywhere

i have a redfield and billy sole body i may sell at right price, just saw a redfield on evilbay at 144 gbp sheeesh, and no billy bods anywhere

sounds good. could you post pics of the condition and pm me your asking price (shipped)? mainly looking for just the redfield/dutch at the moment. and maybe leonidas...

will try and get some pics sorted tomorrow

That Matrix is jaw droppingly good.

the fact that this is in the general collectibles area made me think they were actually releases from a company. :eek:

thanx for the compliments good sir(s).

still looking for a redfield/dutch body. the deal with 'georgieboy26' didn't go exactly as planned. tremendous thank you for him anyways...
however my new project wont proceed anywhere without an arnie size rubber body, so some help would be greatly appreciated. offers please.

I have a WTB-thread on the subject, but so far no luck :(

is the dx10 arnie no use either

is the dx10 arnie no use either

nah, really looking to make this one seamless if it's a possibility.
if not I do have a spare DX10/TTM 20, but I feel it wouldn't suite the character as nicely as a rubber one...

this is Sid, man.

still WIP, be gentle. had to work around the forehead seam somehow. a bit obvious. still glad I finally had the guts to try it. hoping I wont ruin it in paint.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak [< not a cussword really].
already broke a piece of the hair while trying on the glasses and had to rework it immediatly. just my luck.

– you're not dirty enough. you're not crazy enough.
– I'm getting really *****ing tired of hearing you say that.
– yeah? well being tired is a lot better than being dead, man.

Hey,
What movies is this from? I do not know this character....

And when you are done with that Red Heat Figure, I will take it off your hands!!!:wave:wink1:

what? you havent heard of this? :rotfl

https://finnish.imdb.com/title/tt0103805/?ref_=sr_1

it's called beyond the law/fixing the shadow/made of steel (1993), depending on your region.
an undercover cop (charlie sheen) joins a murderous, arms-dealing biker gang to try to put them behind bars.

intially thought it was a TV-movie actually. not sure about this anymore. but yeah, needless to say it's a lesser known movie. very small budget, a bit embarrassing and campy, but it has it's moments and I've kinda had a soft spot for it ever since I first saw it. a quilty pleasure sort of. speaking of wich I haven't even seen it in ages.

anyhow, I rode a few harleys in my day and always kinda felt my shelf lacked a biker figure ever since I started collecting Hot Toys.
so, since I really liked the character, I decided to try this kinda tongue-in-cheek over sons of anarchy and such.

I actually started this bash well over a year ago. before my "sabbatical" from the hobby.

I've had this(sid)/cobra/slater/blain all under construction and left unfinished because I kinda got tired of everything. prices going up/quality issues/the DX 2.0s/the sudden over grown intrest to hot toys. I mean I still got the figures I waited for years ('89 bats etc.), but cut down everything else. this board/customs/parts/keeping up with new releases. something just felt off...

but now I suddenly have a bit of free time again and have started tinkering with the stuff I left unfinished. dunno if I ever get the forementioned finished, but I kinda suddenly give a ***** again?

too bad I may never afford any new HT stuff again... nah, just kidding. but the prices have started to get a little out of hand and the boxes are nowadays full of assessories no-one seems to need. so, I'm focusing a bit more on the custom side from now on, I think? never know how long the intrest lasts though... hoping to finish what I've started anyway...

there's really only robocop and die hard (1) mcclane left from HT that I care about. still kinda have a soft spot for marvel, hulk and thor maybe.

Last edited:

ya, the paint did not go quite as smoothly as I hoped. the paint promised a "satin matt finish", to me this looks more like the "glossy as **** finish".

and for those who dont know. this:

is what I'm trying to hide with the hairdo. there's a gigantic seam running through chris taylor's forehead. otherwise I would've tried to make the hair a bit more subtle.

so, I'm not much of a painter. what is there to do, to smooth out the gloss effect? a matt finish or something? I used acrylic paint...

I would use Vallejo paint. I would go with matte brown and maybe add some satin varnish.

hi, long time no see. had a dry period w/ the hobby and so on...
anyways, was cleaning my den the other day, gazed in the spare parts drawer and just kinda whipped this up...

Cobra_teaser.jpg

still a crude design, but I'm already quite pleased with it.
this one came along a lot smoother then a couple of other projects I've been working on... sometimes planning ahead, just doesen't pan out the way you thought it would???
Slater and the biker-project's on hold, as they somehow look really, really wrong to me... however I'm hoping to correct those soon? let's see what happens...

loving Cobra, can i ask what sculpt and glasses did you use?

The Commando Custom is top notch!

Back