1/6 Christian Bale/Bruce Wayne portrait finally...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I love about Adam's style is the apparent absence of it - and that is a huge compliment.

What I mean is, when you look at Adam's 1/6 work, they match the screenshots they are supposed to represent nearly perfectly and there is very little in the way of any stylistic elements which you normally see from sculptors. I guess there is a 'softness' to Adam's style though, very rounded edges and smooth finish with subtle texture.

Indeed - but compare his work to Adam Beane or Andrew Bergholz -imagine all three are sculpting the same piece - all artists will capture the likeness of a person 100% - but then compare each individual sculpt and it is obvious they all have very definite styles.

Adam's style seems to be almost Baroque in it's appearance, the anatomy of the face is so subtle - but it's all there!

Indeed - but compare his work to Adam Beane or Andrew Bergholz -imagine all three are sculpting the same piece - all artists will capture the likeness of a person 100% - but then compare each individual sculpt and it is obvious they all have very definite styles.

Adam's style seems to be almost Baroque in it's appearance, the anatomy of the face is so subtle - but it's all there!

Thank you. It's funny that you mentioned Baroque, cuz I do like Bernini a lot. Altough I enjoy michelangelo just as much even not more. The way they approach the form is completely different but both brilliant in their own merits. As far as portraiture goes, I like Houdon the best.

When I sculpt a portrait, I don't look at it as an art piece since there's no artistic choices being made. I try to be as photo mimetic as possible.

Last edited:

Andy Bergholz actually did sculpt a Bale head, I found this picsture and it's shot alomost the same angel as Imaresqd's. I like them both.

arn_big2.jpg

^^^Very nice. But doesn't look nearly as much like Bale. It's way more stylized.

^Andy's sculpt above is from a few years ago. I'm sure he's improved even more since then. I liked it, but I found the expression to look a bit too morose/sad when fully painted or colorized.

You really can't compare Andy's sculpt to Adam's directly, all you can really do is compare each to the source and how effectively they represent that.

What i mean is, Andy's is based on Bale in Begins, especially the final scenes at Wayne Manor. Bale's face was fuller in that film and lacked some of the more defined features that showed in TDK. Adam's is meant to be a TDK Wayne portrait, so it's really more a question of, how much does Andy's sculpt look like Bale in Begins and the scenes his sculpt is based on and how well Adam's sculpt compares to Bale in TDK and the scene his is based on.

ChristianBale.jpg

batman-begins-2005-christian-bale2.jpg

darkknightbale.jpg

You really can't compare Andy's sculpt to Adam's directly, all you can really do is compare each to the source and how effectively they represent that.

What i mean is, Andy's is based on Bale in Begins, especially the final scenes at Wayne Manor. Bale's face was fuller in that film and lacked some of the more defined features that showed in TDK. Adam's is meant to be a TDK Wayne portrait, so it's really more a question of, how much does Andy's sculpt look like Bale in Begins and the scenes his sculpt is based on and how well Adam's sculpt compares to Bale in TDK and the scene his is based on.

ChristianBale.jpg

I gotta admit that does look a lot like this:

arn_big2.jpg

But not as much as this:

5162750476_42f56122e2_z.jpg

Looks like this:

5162237935_3145e65654.jpg

Imaresqd101-1.gif

I always thought Andy's sculpt looked a little odd. It's a nice sculpt, but the expression throws it off for me, along with the stylizing.

I have Andy's sculpt and it's the next best thing to Adam's - was one of the best sculpts of it's time, but i certainly think Adam has raised the bar a fair bit with his TDK Bale

Back