1/6 Christian Bale/Bruce Wayne portrait finally...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Adam... This Bale sculpt is seriously amazing! If I run Gentle Giant I'd have to sell all my freaken 3D scanning machines and hire you instead! :)

Coming up next...It is still very rough WIP

5170470344_eae48663aa_z.jpg

I am interested as well if you ever decide to sell the head sculp (both Alfred and Bruce)

Nah Difabio I respectfully disagree. HT sculpts generally have a blank, void passive look to them. I was referring to the look on the bale sculpt, the mouth is open as if he is about to say something, you can see the performance. It has a lot more character, the only HT release I can think of which has done this recently is the comedian.

It'd be awesome if Adam went through a lot of figures that have already been released and made superior sculpts of them. I'm thinking Robert Patrick as the T-1000, which is really good but, like everyone says, cartoony, and Arnie as the T-800. And, of course, Sarah Connor, which neither of Hot Toys' releases really did justice to.

Nah Difabio I respectfully disagree. HT sculpts generally have a blank, void passive look to them. I was referring to the look on the bale sculpt, the mouth is open as if he is about to say something, you can see the performance. It has a lot more character, the only HT release I can think of which has done this recently is the comedian.

Disagree about what?

I wish HT would try some semi open mouth expressions like that!

They have tried it. Both mouths are semi open. Now I never said I don't agree that they look blank and emotionless, all I did was post two examples of their mouths slightly open.

Batman is the obvious one since Bale makes that face quite a bit. I made the joke when the DX was first announced that he looks like a cooing baby.

Anyway, wasn't trying to argue, go against, or anything. They have tried it. I'm not going to say if I feel they've succeeded or not, but they have.

ARGHHHHH that Alfred just looks INSANE! :D
You know what the best thing about this Bale head is? It's Christian Bale, NOT Bruce Wayne.
People try too hard to get the whole 'Wayne' look down, when all you need is a proper, killer Bale likeness like this, which in-turn becomes a flawless Bale when it's in the context of the suave suit or Bats costume. If you get what I mean, there is nothing really defining about BW, it's just Bale in a suit. This actually looks, EXACTLY like the actor, playing the character which is how it should be.
Awesome work man

Disagree about what?

Anyway, wasn't trying to argue, go against, or anything. They have tried it. I'm not going to say if I feel they've succeeded or not, but they have.

Sorry man, just replying to your pics, which I thought were a rebuttal against my closed mouth comment. I think we are of the same mind though? The HT expressions have been very neutral for the most part, this bale expression has a real sense of performance about it. Which is excellent. I just wish HT would look into more expressions like this. Give their great work an added spark of life. Didn't mean in anyway to start an argument about it!
:1-1:

Sorry man, just replying to your pics, which I thought were a rebuttal against my closed mouth comment. I think we are of the same mind though? The HT expressions have been very neutral for the most part, this bale expression has a real sense of performance about it. Which is excellent. I just wish HT would look into more expressions like this. Give their great work an added spark of life. Didn't mean in anyway to start an argument about it!
:1-1:

Yeah I agree that Imaresqds sculpts have more emotion and character to them. I was just replying to the "semi open mouth" comment since it has been done by Hot Toys.

Though, to their credit Hot Toys did capture the mouth on Batman, just not as well as Imaresqds. And also Chris Taylor's sculpt does evoke and capture a sort of innocence to him with the expression but I think that's looking into too much.

Alfred looks great by the way.

ARGHHHHH that Alfred just looks INSANE! :D
You know what the best thing about this Bale head is? It's Christian Bale, NOT Bruce Wayne.
People try too hard to get the whole 'Wayne' look down, when all you need is a proper, killer Bale likeness like this, which in-turn becomes a flawless Bale when it's in the context of the suave suit or Bats costume. If you get what I mean, there is nothing really defining about BW, it's just Bale in a suit. This actually looks, EXACTLY like the actor, playing the character which is how it should be.
Awesome work man

I really hate it when people say it doesn't matter if it looks like Bale. They say "it's Bruce Wayne". No, it's supposed to be Bale, whose name in the movie is Bruce Wayne.

I made the joke when the DX was first announced that he looks like a cooing baby.

The "talking" mouth on the DX is horrible imo. It looks like he just jizzed his pants, or was caught in a tree being a peeping Tom.

Back