1:6 Angel Wings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauln6a

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I've just ordered a DAM Toys Elite Russian Airborne Troop figure for a Ben Foster head sculpt on the basis that he was used so nominally in X3 that it is very unlikely that an official or unofficial movie version of Angel is ever going to appear. As one of the original X-men, I feel he deserves to stand alongside my Phoenix Girl, Laser Eye, and Wolverine figures (for starters).

Uniform issues aside, does anyone have any input on how to produce suitable wings for such a figure? Poseable wings would be cool but might be a bit pointless since the figure would not stand up. 3d printed static wings are probably the most plausible. I was thinking that some kind of harness under the uniform that clipped over the shoulders with maybe plugs for the actual wings popping through two holes in the uniform.

Any ideas on how to implement and where to source?

Your going to have to build your own. I haven't known anyone casting wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I wouldn't know where to start! Presumably One could scan in a 7" set and upscale? Maybe I need to check 3d printing sites.

Good idea. Maybe you could contact one of the sculptors like Rocco or Sean and ask about opening up a group commission. Wings should be fairly easy to sculpt and relatively inexpensive. I'd personally be interested in feather wings and metal wings, so there are probably others out there who'd consider buying wings for Angel/Archangel or other projects like Hawkman or Hawkgirl (which would be a little smaller). If you'd like I can reach out to them and check.

Elvis1976 used the wings from a couple of different action figures for his amazing Hawkman custom. This thread made me go looking at it again! He used the Wings of Redemption Spawn wings originally, I assume the 12 inch but there is a 7 inch with pretty substantial wings. He then switched them to the Alex Ross Justice Hawkman wings. The second set were movable. I think they both look awesome myself.

Attachments

• IMG_4615.jpg
    IMG_4615.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_4987.jpg
    IMG_4987.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4983.jpg
    IMG_4983.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
So the second set are poseable wings for a 6" figure that are so massive, they look good on a 12" figure? They certainly look good enough, although I want to avoid drilling and filling! I'm a bit slapdash.

So the second set are poseable wings for a 6" figure that are so massive, they look good on a 12" figure? They certainly look good enough, although I want to avoid drilling and filling! I'm a bit slapdash.

Yeah, they are pretty big on the figure, he looks like this (not my picture):

s-l1600.jpg

Must admit I wouldn't be sure how you would attach them as never seen the Alex Ross figure in person, could drop Elvis1976 a message and ask how he did it, sure he would offer you some advice.

Still waiting for the Ben Foster figure but the wings have arrived with Hawkman and they are pretty nice. They plug into the back of the figure but the plugs are pretty tight. Would most likely need to wreck the figure if I want to free them. The wing pegs are not deep though. I think the options are to tie them to a harness and try to disguise it as part of the uniform or drill and fill plugs into the back of the figure. The former is the safer option as I would not have to slash up the excellent uniform but will it look as good? A dilemma!

Back