1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's much worse in chogokin communities.
>Sentinel makes a figure that transforms fully, with a beautiful paint app and intricate engineering—'on the fence; there's way too little metal in it'
>Fewture produces an all-metal figure with terrible QC, uneven paint and engineering that feels appropriate for ten years ago—'WOW! Must have!'

The plastic is as durable (in any of the iron man figures) as the diecast. Diecast may be heavy but it is not structurally stronger, and has a higher chance to have paint chips and flaking. Not sure why people assume diecast is better quality.

Indeed. There is cheap plastic and there is also high quality plastic. Just like most materials, including metal.

The plastic is as durable (in any of the iron man figures) as the diecast. Diecast may be heavy but it is not structurally stronger, and has a higher chance to have paint chips and flaking. Not sure why people assume diecast is better quality.

Diecast is a production method not a material -- this makes zero sense.

Diecast is a production method not a material -- this makes zero sense.

Whilst technically true I think it made more than enough sense that the conversation continued in a productive fashion.

Speaking of diecast and materials choices - what are the usual compositions of the metals and the plastics that HT uses for these figures anyway? I'd guess a mix of PS, ABS and Na-rich Aluminium?

Eh - either way chomping at the bit until the postman turns up with this guy. Got my shipping notice this morning so not too long now... :impatient:

So in anticipation of the 1/4 Mark 42, has anyone achieved the ground pound pose of the 42 in the beginning of Iron Man 3 with the 1/4 Mark 43? Would love to see some pics! Thanks!

I know it's not a fair comparison but after seeing both 1/4 and 1/6.......all I can say is WOW for the 1/4. The difference between the shoulder joints, color accuracy, pose ability, and led lighting/flaps makes this a top notch figure and must own.

If I was try to buy this figure the lady would definitely know due to the size of it and unlike the 1/6 it could just blend in with my other figures :gah:

So in anticipation of the 1/4 Mark 42, has anyone achieved the ground pound pose of the 42 in the beginning of Iron Man 3 with the 1/4 Mark 43? Would love to see some pics! Thanks!

Got mine boxed up at the moment but I've got a quick phone shot from a while back. I know it's not perfect but hopefully it gives you some idea :lol
f041a5d76e3c0685cfce1705870d65c4.jpg

I just got mine yesterday and I am absolutely blown away with this figure. It gave me that wow factor I once felt when I saw my first ever Hot Toys figure. Iron Man is beautiful in 1/4 scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only they can shrink the 1/4 into the 1/6.....I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I am actually really happy with the 1/6 scale die cast Mark 43… and the 45… and the Mark 7 I have with the Arc Reactor Stark sculpt.

This guy just does not fit in anywhere and as nice as he is, I have too many preorders coming up to keep him.

Yeah, I am actually really happy with the 1/6 scale die cast Mark 43… and the 45… and the Mark 7 I have with the Arc Reactor Stark sculpt.

This guy just does not fit in anywhere and as nice as he is, I have too many preorders coming up to keep him.

Solution: cancel all your POs, sell your 1/6-scales, and go full 1/4 :wink1:

I like my figures w/ lots of space and not looking like I'm looking at a store. 1/4 figures needs to be displayed by itself and not mix in w/ 1/6 but yeah 1/4 does take up a lot of space which I don't have.

Back