1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think that characters from video games are an untapped arena. Sure NECA and some other companies have made figures but it would be amazing to see EB or HT take a shot. The character designs in this new Mortal Kombat game are great and would translate well. Kratos, Ryu Hayabusa, Marcus Fenix and Samus come to mind as figures that I would buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope to see The Witcher from one of them!

So the Hot Toys I got so far are the HT IM 1/6 scale MarkIV with Gantry, 1/6 Iron Man unleashed silver suit, 1/6 Iron Patriot and Dark Knight's 1/6 motorcycle with 1/6 cat woman (Anne Hathaway). None with any real weathering. So does the delivered HT product match the weathered prototype photos? The HT MK 43 1/4 scale prototype looks so awesome I had to order it. Especially since Iron Man is my all time fav superhero, but will the delivered item match the photos in paint app quality??

It wasn't even close! I returned mine and SS did refund me completely. I was really disappointed because I wanted a high quality Gipsy Danger statue. My thoughts with pics are in this thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...28800-pacific-rim-gipsy-danger-statue-42.html

On a note related to this thread I preordered this from SS. I used $75 in reward points on it.

I got the NECA Pacific Rim Gypsy Danger and it was so great a deal for $80 USD. The detail and paint was pretty good.

Yep, though weathering may vary a little depending on what you're referring to.

That's cool since the weathering is an artistic application. As long as it's there.

They mention in the 1/4 scale bullet points about "special" paint applications of the metallic finished on the HT MK 43 1/4 scale. So they must be taking extra efforts in the paint apps. They also point out in the description that each Downey face is hand painted. I don't see that mentioned in the 1/6 scale bullet points either.

That's cool since the weathering is an artistic application. As long as it's there.

They mention in the 1/4 scale bullet points about "special" paint applications of the metallic finished on the HT MK 43 1/4 scale. So they must be taking extra efforts in the paint apps. They also point out in the description that each Downey face is hand painted. I don't see that mentioned in the 1/6 scale bullet points either.

Hot Toys paint app on their Iron Man line will not let you down, promise! :duff It really is amazing how close they come to prototype-level quality in their end products considering how many figures they churn out.

Here we go, more pixels need pushing :lol :monkey3

Interesting. I don't know how they usually paint the 1/6 heads but I'm glad they are taking extra care of this one... for the price I'd love a near flawless figure.... and the paintwork on the figure so far looks amazing I hope we get something like that too

For $545 that paint app alone is worth the price. The HT 1/4 scale IM MK 43 is a steal in my estimation. It's a showcase figure at a budget price.

Know what? I'd love a HT Book that covers the entire line of HT Iron Man figures, including their advertising images. They'e done so many IM figures and they rock!

For $545 that paint app alone is worth the price. The HT 1/4 scale IM MK 43 is a steal in my estimation. It's a showcase figure at a budget price.

Know what? I'd love a HT Book that covers the entire line of HT Iron Man figures, including their advertising images. They'e done so many IM figures and they rock!

That would be awesome..... maybe some kind of collectible hardcover.... if MMS300 is an IM fig they should include that with it :rock

1000% agree.... I'd love a Hot Toys Kratos, some more Arkham figures, any of the big MK characters and any Metal Gear Solid character

Hot Toys Nathan Drake... Sadly it will be after the movie comes out, and unfortunately probably modelled on Marky Mark.. Lol

Ugh! Actor change please :lecture :lol

You know I wish SSC had went with U1 Drake. I like the outfit and game more

All they need to do is cast Nathan Fillion, and we double win.. the superior figures of Hot Toys, and the actor with the best likeness to Nate to make that head sculpt... of course, the movie itself will probably still be crap... I'm yet to meet a truly praise worthy gaming movie...

All they need to do is cast Nathan Fillion, and we double win.. the superior figures of Hot Toys, and the actor with the best likeness to Nate to make that head sculpt... of course, the movie itself will probably still be crap... I'm yet to meet a truly praise worthy gaming movie...

Dude Mortal Kombat :lol

Fillion would be a good choice.... but I don't know if he could still pull off a good Drake, maybe a couple of years ago. Zachery Levi and Matt Bomer would be my other choices, maybe even Jeffrey Donovan:dunno

Mortal Kombat is actually the top of my list... but it was never a movie which was terribly hard to get right. It's a movie of a game essentially of a movie (Enter The Dragon) with a couple of added twists..

Some more shots of the head sculpt

16981293807_5eb63be270_b_d.jpg

17188140261_895bf57d5e_b_d.jpg

At 1/4 scale I wonder if they start out with a 3D print of Robert Downey's 3D head scan and add detail to a 3D print. It might explain why it's so good looking.

Back