1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is at my UPS store ready for pick up...unfortunately, I won't be able to get it until tomorrow. Gah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm done with this base.. Who can make me a simple one with a flat surface that supports the clear pole?

Unfortunately I had to put mine away. Just couldn't find an adequate and safe place the way my house is set up right now. This figure is so dramatic it almost needs to be a focal point in a theatre or something. When my 2 year old moves to a bed I will have a room for my stuff. He will end up in there eventually.

He's real...and he's spectacular. Plus, he fits in perfectly with my PFs.

IMG_20160202_195141318.jpg

He's real...and he's spectacular. Plus, he fits in perfectly with my PFs.

This is really where I am at this point. Configurable figures are (in my mind) the future of collectibles at almost any scale. I would replace practically all of my premium format statues if 1/4 scale figures were available with the same quality and features as the Mark XLIII. Polystone or not, quality and detail is king.

I'm done with this base.. Who can make me a simple one with a flat surface that supports the clear pole?

That's the one thing with this figure that I don't like. I took it out the box (along with the Sentry bits), didn't like it, put it back. Haven't taken it out since. Give me a clean, smart base without the crappy Sentry bits!

That's the one thing with this figure that I don't like. I took it out the box (along with the Sentry bits), didn't like it, put it back. Haven't taken it out since. Give me a clean, smart base without the crappy Sentry bits!
I'm fine with the diorama bases if they would at least include a regular one as well.

The one showcased with the 1/4 Mark 42 is what we should be getting along side the sentry version.

10274299_986006148139035_6138978538656434068_n.jpg

:exactly: The diorama base is cool and everything, but a more "standard" base being additionally included would be really nice. The one shown with the Mark 42 in that picture would be perfect.

They don't even have to include an entirely separate base. Design the base so that it's flat, slightly recessed with a peg hole in the top. Then develop all the rocks and sentry bits as a separate plate with a peg at the bottom. Create an additional flat black plate with a peg at the bottom. Switch between the two plates whenever you feel the need.

I hate the wide stance that the stand forces you to adopt.

I didn't even take mine out of the box. I used an old SS T2 PF <anorexic version> base I had. It's got a peg hole, so I put a screw in it to act as a post, and wrapped some thin metal hanging wire tightly around the foot joint to secure it.

Can't hang with the clear @$$pole, it buzzkills the realism. :gah: :cuckoo: :lol

This is instantly the best collectible I own. It makes the 89 Batmobile look like it was carved out of wood. More impressive than the Tumbler by far. Maybe HT finest work?

Last edited:
They don't even have to include an entirely separate base. Design the base so that it's flat, slightly recessed with a peg hole in the top. Then develop all the rocks and sentry bits as a separate plate with a peg at the bottom. Create an additional flat black plate with a peg at the bottom. Switch between the two plates whenever you feel the need.

I hate the wide stance that the stand forces you to adopt.

Yeah, that's not likely. That's essentially redesigned two bases, multiple engineering issues ect. And there's absolutely zero added benifit for hot toys. No ones going to buy it that wouldn't otherwise. They can't add enough cost to the back end to justify the added man hours and tooling ect. There's no reason to do it for hot toys.

Especially with this release. It was a test release. To check market interest. But there's just no incentive to them adding that kind of cost and hassle to the figures. Can't look at it just from a consumer stand point. You don't think there's any person that would buy the 1/4 scale iron man if it included a base like you described do you(that wouldn't have bought it as is)? And if you do, do you think there was a large enough amount of them to justify the added cost (probably require a double digit percentage increase in sales). And again, this is only people that would not have bought it as it currently sits.

Finally got mine but it's been such a long day that I just don't have the energy to crack it open ... At least the box is safe and sound ha

f7b50caecae7f6a7dfefeb03405a327f.jpg

Back