1:2 T-800 Endoskeleton pro's & con's?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atheris

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am about to place an order for this piece tonight. Before I do though I want to get some feedback from the people that already own this piece. Is the quality = to the money basically. What do you like about it and what you dont like about it. I've read somewhere the cables coming from his head are very cheap and look bad. I dont know if this was an isolated incident or they all come like this?
Do they come with numbered bases? Is it all made of metal or plastic parts?
Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated:emperor

Chris

Chris-

I used to have it.

I really liked mine..I thought the quality was pretty good, my cables didn't have the issues like some of the ones I've seen. Chewee has done a great job of fixing those btw.
The only issue I had was that I had to clean the metal contacts because the eyes wouldn't light up. Other than that- its a cool piece to own :rock

I don't remember if my base was numbered..I do recall that it came with a COA. I believe the parts are both plastic and metal. Overall it was pretty heavy.

hope that helps some.

Yeah I have I think its worth the money. I have had no probs with the cables or the lights. Im not sure of the base having the number but can check later, but it does come with COA certificate. The only prob I have had are im not sure where the wire hoses that attach from his shoulders are meant to sit but it still looks great. I was debating between this and the cm for sometime. Im happy with my choice

Chris-

I used to have it.

I really liked mine..I thought the quality was pretty good, my cables didn't have the issues like some of the ones I've seen. Chewee has done a great job of fixing those btw.
The only issue I had was that I had to clean the metal contacts because the eyes wouldn't light up. Other than that- its a cool piece to own :rock

I don't remember if my base was numbered..I do recall that it came with a COA. I believe the parts are both plastic and metal. Overall it was pretty heavy.

hope that helps some.

Thanks for the info bud, im glad the first post wasnt a negative one. Can I ask if it is all one piece or several?

Chris

Definitely worth the money. Great quality. Great command presence. I wish the arms were adjustable but thats my only negative...

Thanks for the info bud, im glad the first post wasnt a negative one. Can I ask if it is all one piece or several?

Chris

It comes in several pieces: Legs, Head and Torso, Arms, Gun, base, cables and two 'hip' pivots. It's a very cool piece with ton's of 'wow' factor built in.

The arms arent semi-articulated like the 1/4 version? Oops a bit of deceptcion for me :(

Who did you order it from? You saw someone was selling theirs on here for $1500 + ship right?

Who did you order it from? You saw someone was selling theirs on here for $1500 + ship right?

Ordered from SS website...I would rather go through SS directly if they have any item in stock. If I bought this 2nd hand at $1500+ shipping into Canada Im right back up at the cost that SS sells for. Minus the points and return guarantee. Im better off ordering through SS...

Chris

I would have gotten the CM endo instead of this but you still got the CM Predator didn't you Chris?

I think I would rather have this than the CM, its up to you though. How much do you expect it to cost after shipping and duties?

I would have gotten the CM endo instead of this but you still got the CM Predator didn't you Chris?

Yup I still got the predator, hes being shipped out this week:joy

I think I would rather have this than the CM, its up to you though. How much do you expect it to cost after shipping and duties?

I like the CM piece also, I think I prefer this one a little more because its bigger. But Im pretty sure I'll pick up the CM version down the line. It will probably be around $300-$400 when it gets to my door...im guessing though...we'll find out soon.

Chris

I like the Sideshow 1/2 scale but they do a really crappy job of packaging/shipping them. The cardboard they use is really cheap and by the time it gets to you it is falling apart. They need to get a Cinemaquette statue and look at how that is shipped. It comes to you in a heavy cardboard box within another box. My first Sideshow came to me with a damaged base. The statue was perfect. I asked Sideshow to let me keep the statue and switch me a new base out. But they assured me they would "inspect the next one" they sent out to me. Well the base did work but one of the pistons oh the T2's leg was snapped in half. Sideshow said they would take some money off the price. I said no and they said they are not gonna ship me another. So I sent it back and thats that. I must also add that the boxes it came in were also was falling apart at the seams.There were no instructions or photo showing the assembly process either. I was on the phone with them stressing that for $2000.00 there should be a better quality control on such a piece but that fell on deaf ears.

Wow... This is just unacceptable in my opinion. Sorry you had to go thru that man. I have both the CM T-800 and CM T-X and have to agree the BOXES CM use for their statues are FANTASTIC and super durable. The packing they do makes you feel like they care about what they sell to us consumers. CM is a class act and their statues are second to none in my opinion.

I like the Sideshow 1/2 scale but they do a really crappy job of packaging/shipping them. The cardboard they use is really cheap and by the time it gets to you it is falling apart. They need to get a Cinemaquette statue and look at how that is shipped. It comes to you in a heavy cardboard box within another box. My first Sideshow came to me with a damaged base. The statue was perfect. I asked Sideshow to let me keep the statue and switch me a new base out. But they assured me they would "inspect the next one" they sent out to me. Well the base did work but one of the pistons oh the T2's leg was snapped in half. Sideshow said they would take some money off the price. I said no and they said they are not gonna ship me another. So I sent it back and thats that. I must also add that the boxes it came in were also was falling apart at the seams.There were no instructions or photo showing the assembly process either. I was on the phone with them stressing that for $2000.00 there should be a better quality control on such a piece but that fell on deaf ears.

Agree with you 100% Cinemaquette is a quality piece. Even the way it is shipped to you is a sign of a company that cares about its buyers.

I don't agree that the way an item is shipped signifies a quality piece. The best packaging I have ever seen was from Master Replica's comic replica line of statues and aside from Spiderman, I would not say any of the others were "quality"

Back