1:1 Medicom VCD Prop Size Gremlins Gizmo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this guy last year for around $300 when he was released (1st version) it was well worth the money then and this new version looks identical except for the cool extras, so if anyone is slightly tempted, just do it. You won't regret it.

Holy ****! This is like the best surprise ever from SS haha. I almost caved and paid stinking fleabay prices a while back for him. Sooo happy right now :D Can't wait to make him a rambo scarf and bow!

Glad to see this little guy released again with the added cool accessories. I missed the first release. And wasn't willing to pay the extreme mark ups on the secondary market. I ended up ordering Gizmo through AmiAmi, which was my first time ordering through them. Not sure what shipping cost will be until it's ready to ship, but know I got it for considerably less than what SSC and the rest of U.S. retailers are selling him for.

Dont get me wrong. I love Gremlins. Most children snuggled with bunnies and teddy bears. Mine was Gizmo. :lol But for the amount of money theyre asking for, how hard would it be to make Gizmo screen accurate? His mouth should have some rough texture as well as his ears. His eye lids should be half drooped over his eyeballs; His nose should be brown and not light pinkish color. And His fur should be a bit lighter in color.

Personally, Im good with just the 3rd picture below. You can pick him up for $25, turn him on and he moves from side to side whistling his mogwai song. But for $274 or more for a plush 1:1, Id expect it to be accurate to the point that it wouldnt look anywhere close to the $25 Gizmo that is pictured below. And even the $25 Gizmo's white spot on his face is more accurate to that movie screen cap Giz, than the medicom version.

Refer to movie screen cap-

gizmoalbum_pic.jpg

gizmo.jpg

humming-gizmo.jpg

Last edited:
It depends on which picture and/or which movie they were going for.
71e38d3fea467b92f6d3c4fd0ddfd3cb.jpg

50b4584e059170e4fcaa7752f01a78dd.jpg

Dont get me wrong. I love Gremlins. Most children snuggled with bunnies and teddy bears. Mine was Gizmo. :lol But for the amount of money theyre asking for, how hard would it be to make Gizmo screen accurate? His mouth should have some rough texture as well as his ears. His eye lids should be half drooped over his eyeballs; His nose should be brown and not light pinkish color. And His fur should be a bit lighter in color.

Personally, Im good with just the 3rd picture below. You can pick him up for $25, turn him on and he moves from side to side whistling his mogwai song. But for $274 or more for a plush 1:1, Id expect it to be accurate to the point that it wouldnt look anywhere close to the $25 Gizmo that is pictured below. And even the $25 Gizmo's white spot on his face is more accurate to that movie screen cap Giz, than the medicom version.

Refer to movie screen cap-

gizmoalbum_pic.jpg

gizmo.jpg

humming-gizmo.jpg

And the Medicom Gizmo is clearly a representation for the second movie (never seen it DarkH ?), they even put the eyelashes.

But yes the ears are off and the nose isn't dark enough but except that it's Gizmo from Gremlins 2.

Yeah the medicom is definitely based on the updated puppet used for gremlins 2. He will look so rad with a red bandana and a homemade bow ;)

And the Medicom Gizmo is clearly a representation for the second movie (never seen it DarkH ?), they even put the eyelashes.

But yes the ears are off and the nose isn't dark enough but except that it's Gizmo from Gremlins 2.

Yes. Ive seen 2. And yes, youre right. I guess I just dont like that bug eyed look he's got going on. He looks so much better with his eye lids showing. But I still hold to my statement that they should be going over the top for a $274 replica. Make his ears, nose & mouth, skin tone and texture life like. And it shouldnt look anywhere near a $25 plush Giz. Other than that, its okay looking. I just expect more from it and rather pass on the extras to get a more screen accurate Giz.

You think that's bad he was going for 800 plus on the bay up until now haha. Would have been cool if they included several different mouths that clip on with a magnet.

I totally agree that $275 is kind of high for a 9" figure but I'm hoping that the final product will look better than the prototype shots. I held off pre-ordering for a couple of days but ultimately took the plunge because I love Gizmo and he is one of the few characters that I wouldn't buy in"statue" format...so this is it. I'm also hoping that they will release a new Gremlin 1:1 to go with this. ;)

I totally agree that $275 is kind of high for a 9" figure but I'm hoping that the final product will look better than the prototype shots. I held off pre-ordering for a couple of days but ultimately took the plunge because I love Gizmo and he is one of the few characters that I wouldn't buy in"statue" format...so this is it. I'm also hoping that they will release a new Gremlin 1:1 to go with this. ;)

If you're a big fan of Gremlins you will not regret your purchase. TRUST ME. actually...$275 is a pretty good deal for this piece, they were last year there were going for $350-$400ish consistently on ebay. I paid more for my Santa version, but don't care. Why? ... because i have a life-size, life-like Gizmo sitting on my shelf smiling at me every time I walk in the room :hi5: He looks great with the NECA 1:1 Gremlins.

Were there any stateside retailers that had the other two available when they were first released? I don't remember seeing them anywhere to order other than overseas hobby sites. I think this re-release is the same retail price as the others were? And those came out three years ago. So, I appreciate Medicom making this piece available again, making it easier to come by, and not jacking up the price.

Were there any stateside retailers that had the other two available when they were first released? I don't remember seeing them anywhere to order other than overseas hobby sites. I think this re-release is the same retail price as the others were? And those came out three years ago. So, I appreciate Medicom making this piece available again, making it easier to come by, and not jacking up the price.

I only remembering seeing them on the sites overseas.

Can someone who owns the first release please tell me if this is heavy or light? :)

I want to know an estimate of the shipping fees I'm going to pay for this.

I pre order it from Amiami Japan at $220.

Thanks!!

Can someone who owns the first release please tell me if this is heavy or light? :)

I want to know an estimate of the shipping fees I'm going to pay for this.

I pre order it from Amiami Japan at $220.

Thanks!!

it's very light. If i remember correctly, the display weight is a little over 1lb.

If you're a big fan of Gremlins you will not regret your purchase. TRUST ME. actually...$275 is a pretty good deal for this piece, they were last year there were going for $350-$400ish consistently on ebay. I paid more for my Santa version, but don't care. Why? ... because i have a life-size, life-like Gizmo sitting on my shelf smiling at me every time I walk in the room :hi5: He looks great with the NECA 1:1 Gremlins.

When you say "sitting", I am hoping you mean he can actually sit down. I pre-ordered mine from SSC. I assumed he could be displayed in a sitting position, but haven't seen any pictures of him in a sitting position.

Back