1:1 Medicom VCD Prop Size Gremlins Gizmo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, I ended up canceling this pre-order and pre-ordering a pretty awesome statue instead. There are so many great releases coming out in the next several months that sometimes lines have to be drawn. The one thing that I wasn't really keen on with regards to this release was that there was a lever to move the eyes since I'd rather not see a lever behind his head...unless they found a way to mask it.

I'm sure they will release a modified version of this one again in the future. Already feeling a little bit of remorse but I wanted the statue more. ;)

Last edited:
Mine is on order because both of my Gremlins in this Detolf case need a true leader!

Can't wait! This is the true version of a Mogwai I've been waiting for without paying an arm and a leg for him on EBay.

I bought this one online through an oversea vendor and its okay, I guess, the eyes are off along with the color of the fur, wish they would have used better looking eyes or painted them more accurately. He is latex, too, so deterioration like cracking and paint app peeling is visible even though I just bought him.

Anyway, the Medicom one is mine 100%! Now if I could just find a replica Mogwai box like in the movie.

What does the eye moving mechanism look like? I have seen minimal photo coverage of the original release. I also wonder about the fur ball mechanism in the back, do they just simply attach? I hope it doesnt make the back look weird.

Having missed the first releases of these, I am stoked to get this one!

I also wonder about the fur ball mechanism in the back, do they just simply attach? I hope it doesnt make the back look weird.

Wait, they attach to his back? I thought they were just accessories to differentiate himself from the previous two releases.

I thought I read somewhere they popped out... I could be mistaken. I am hoping they don't however.

I agree, I hope they don't but I also read that they do. I guess we'll see next month. I ordered mine from SSC so perhaps I'll get that early available email and have it early October. :dunno. Nevertheless, really looking forward to getting this to complete my gremlins collection.

I googled around here is a descriptor I saw on Toy Ark Unforuntately it does look like the furrballs are removable or something similar -

Medicom is releasing a new Gizmo from the Gremlins franchise. This prop size figure will be part of their Vinyl Collectible Doll (VCD) line. The Gizmo – 3D Glasses Version stands just over 9″ tall. It includes moveable eyes, and articulation in the neck, shoulders and feet. Included are a pair of 3D glasses and three “Furballs“, which can be popped out of his back, to emulate spilling water on the Gizmo! It will be released in October.

I dunno why they would add an area of his back to put the furballs in?

Surely it would mean they would have to rework the design of the figure which would cost them more time and money. I'm guessing it's just the way the description is worded, you pretend they pop out his back lol

I ended up settling for
4935537036900.jpg

for my Gremlins collectible. The Neca life sized one just seemed to stiff in his A pose (what animators would call it). I like the memory of the gremlins going to town on the movie stand.
:lol

For some reason while this looks good, it just doesnt appeal to me for the price...dunno waht it is.
:dunno

I ended up settling for
4935537036900.jpg

for my Gremlins collectible. The Neca life sized one just seemed to stiff in his A pose (what animators would call it). I like the memory of the gremlins going to town on the movie stand.
:lol

For some reason while this looks good, it just doesnt appeal to me for the price...dunno waht it is.
:dunno

That's a great statue!

Sometimes that's just the way it is-then it sells out and for some reason you get it in your head that you wanted now and are willing to pay the extra money for it later. Been there done that. No way that's happening to me this time, I almost bought the previously released version on EBay for the ridiculous price they wanted, but then I stopped myself because of the steep price. So comparing what I was almost willing to pay before and what I can get it for now this is a steal! And come on, this is a 1:1 Gizmo with some very nice collectibles detailing that no matter what anyone says the Neca's Gizmo can't touch; apples to oranges there if you are trying to compare. Nevertheless, I'm sold on him and will be proud to add him to my family of Gremlins :yess:

Sorry, by Neca I meant the Mohawk.

Yea I am still thinking. Still got Sauron and Master Chief on the way.

It's October and I'm waiting anxiously to hear from SSC about my preordered Gizmo :impatient:. This will be my last collectible until next year- next year it's all about Superman!

At least it's not sideshow who make these so hopefully no delays.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

It's October and I'm waiting anxiously to hear from SSC about my preordered Gizmo :impatient:. This will be my last collectible until next year- next year it's all about Superman!

I said that to myself... but alas the Asmus witch king is on its way :lol

Also hoping for no delays! I am really looking forward to this item. As I accumulate 1/6 stuff I like to get items like this one to break the scale a little bit and make for a more interesting display.

I said that to myself... but alas the Asmus witch king is on its way :lol

Also hoping for no delays! I am really looking forward to this item. As I accumulate 1/6 stuff I like to get items like this one to break the scale a little bit and make for a more interesting display.

Same here. :exactly:

Okay, we are well into October now and no signs of delays by SSC; as of now the estimated time on Gizmo is still October. I'm hoping to get that magical email from them telling me it's ready anytime now.

I want my giz for halloween! I hope neca release mohawk as as one of the next stunt puppets to go with him.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Back