【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Ok maybe the arm was built backwards then, the only way to fix that would be to dismantle the body. Is that visibly noticeable in the clothes or just when you're handling it? It doesn't sound like a big deal.

Not visible at all, I?m just nitpicking. No way I?m going to dismantle it, I can live with it :D

Can anyone give me some advice?

I missed out on this Strange and I just joined the waiting list at Sideshow. But since the figure is already a couple of years old, I'm wondering if there's really any chance my waitlist will convert? I'd hate to have to pay ebay prices for this but the most recent Ant-Man figure made me realize that you can't always count on later versions of a character to keep up the quality of the original. Hot Toys does occasionally miss with their headsculpts. I'm worried that if I don't like the next Doctor Strange figure from Multiverse of Madness (I'm assuming we'll get one) this figure will be out of reach by then. Should I ebay this before the price goes up even higher? Or is there a real chance my waitlist reservation will convert?

I missed out on this Strange and I just joined the waiting list at Sideshow. But since the figure is already a couple of years old, I'm wondering if there's really any chance my waitlist will convert? I'd hate to have to pay ebay prices for this but the most recent Ant-Man figure made me realize that you can't always count on later versions of a character to keep up the quality of the original. Hot Toys does occasionally miss with their headsculpts. I'm worried that if I don't like the next Doctor Strange figure from Multiverse of Madness (I'm assuming we'll get one) this figure will be out of reach by then. Should I ebay this before the price goes up even higher? Or is there a real chance my waitlist reservation will convert?

If the waitlist isn't closed, there's a chance. Seems odd that it's still waitlist eligible as long ago as it shipped. I always assumed they kept some stock on hand for a while for replacements and once the return period had expired on all their sales they'd start filling waitlist orders. Honestly though, I have no idea. Looks like there are a ton of completed sales on the Bay for between $300-325. Do you want it bad enough to pay $80-100 over what you'll get it for from SS if the waitlist converts? That's a question only you can answer. As I look left at my Civil War Falcon that I paid $700 for on the Bay, I am considering that I might not be the best person to ask :)

It's a great figure. I think paying about $100 over retail wouldn't be too bad. Once you get it in-hand you'll really appreciate it. That said, yeah, HT will obviously make another Strange from his movie, so it's a matter of how patient are you willing to be?

Supposedly there is going to be a costume change in the next movie. Rumors that it will be closer to the comic book style. So, if your set on his look in his 1st solo movie along with Avengers IW & EG you may want to get this while you can.

I still prefer the headsculpt on the solo movie Dr Strange and that obviously came before the Infinity War version. Occasionally I contemplate getting the character because I like Benedict Cumberbatch but the IW sculpt....I just don't think it's as good as their first attempt. The eyes look wierd to me.

I still prefer the headsculpt on the solo movie Dr Strange and that obviously came before the Infinity War version. Occasionally I contemplate getting the character because I like Benedict Cumberbatch but the IW sculpt....I just don't think it's as good as their first attempt. The eyes look wierd to me.

Interesting...I think both are phenomenal. I picked them both up even though the outfit is exactly the same, but I loved how the IW headsculpt turned out. He looks more refined with the brushed back hair, but the first iteration is super solid as well.

I prefer the IW headsculpt and I'm worried that if I don't pick this one up, maybe the headsculpt for Multiverse of Madness Strange won't be as good. I was used to thinking of Hot Toys sculptors as infallible but the second Ant-Man debacle really opened my eyes.

I prefer the IW headsculpt and I'm worried that if I don't pick this one up, maybe the headsculpt for Multiverse of Madness Strange won't be as good. I was used to thinking of Hot Toys sculptors as infallible but the second Ant-Man debacle really opened my eyes.

Lol what about the smiling one? :lol

Yellow glove Strange will be all the rage around here next year (or so).

That was last year for me, to go with the other Ragnarok figures. Sadly I let it go when I purged a bunch of Marvel from my collection. Might have to acquire another one and re create the look.
036360AE-1486-438C-81DE-C67C1A791052.jpg

That was last year for me, to go with the other Ragnarok figures. Sadly I let it go when I purged a bunch of Marvel from my collection. Might have to acquire another one and re create the look.
View attachment 510503

Lmao he looks like he's about to either do the dishes or clean the bathroom! :lol

The Sanitary Supreme.

Somebody's gotta do it. Can't expect Wong to do all the chores.

Somebody's gotta do it. Can't expect Wong to do all the chores.

I dunno, if I was buying all of Wongs sandwiches since he has no money...I might make him do all the chores

Back