【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

So I've had the DJ Customs "Images of Ikonn" set for months, but I finally have some time and the will to set it up with the good doctor... And upon re-watching the IW scene to get the arm poses right, I notice he has a sling ring on his left hand, and by extension all 7 other left hands... My internal screen accuracy alarm goes crazy and my progress stops dead :panic:

Of course I immediately went to Toy Anxiety... Nothing...Then ebay to find that they go for about $20 a pair on ebay, but the logical side of me is telling me to forget about it.

I'm trying not to let it bother me, but over time my OCD will wear me down :lol

So I've had the DJ Customs "Images of Ikonn" set for months, but I finally have some time and the will to set it up with the good doctor... And upon re-watching the IW scene to get the arm poses right, I notice he has a sling ring on his left hand, and by extension all 7 other left hands... My internal screen accuracy alarm goes crazy and my progress stops dead :panic:

Of course I immediately went to Toy Anxiety... Nothing...Then ebay to find that they go for about $20 a pair on ebay, but the logical side of me is telling me to forget about it.

I'm trying not to let it bother me, but over time my OCD will wear me down :lol

But keep in mind those extra ones on screen are imaginary sling rings, so just imagine they're there and you're good. :lecture

This is as much effort as i'm gonna put into him for now... When I get my display cases I'll spend more time futzing with it.

20200613_202628.jpg

This is as much effort as i'm gonna put into him for now... When I get my display cases I'll spend more time futzing with it.

View attachment 487556

Warning! I'm about to trigger your OCD: You have the back piece reversed - right hands are on his left side, left hands are on his right side.

Honestly the sling rings have perplexed me since I never paid too much close attention to when he wears them at all, I didn't realize they were ever really there. They're not mentioned in HT's instructions right?

With all of the attention on the recently released Endgame Hawkeye, one thing triggered my interest in that figure. The number of accessories and the intricate detail work on the costume(s) reminded me immediately of this figure...

CAST A SPELL.jpg

This figure provides so many display options...even just a basic pose like this makes one's eye travel through the details of his gear and outfit. It's really something how well HT translated it to sixth-scale.

I know it's weird, but this Dr. Strange figure convinced me to pull the trigger on Endgame Hawkeye/Ronin.
I can't wait to pour over the amazing details on that figure as I can over this one...

View attachment 488307

This figure provides so many display options...even just a basic pose like this makes one's eye travel through the details of his gear and outfit. It's really something how well HT translated it to sixth-scale.

:exactly: I agree...

I love this figure. Out of all my HT MCU figures, I always seem to admire this guy the most. Something about all the level of details and layers of clothes. I was never a big Dr. Strange fan in the comics, but I like the character in the MCU. This was the 1st Marvel HT I purchased since the original MK7 Iron Man, as I mostly decided to stick to SW figures as I have my must have MCU characters (other than a Hulk).

Really one of the most packed 'regular' releases out there, great figure.

I really like mine too. It's also 2 figures in one! With the Eye of Agamotto it's IW Doctor Strange. You take that off, it's Endgame Doctor Strange. :D

The sculpt is also top-tier Hot Toys work.

Yeah I wasn't convinced it until I had it in hand. The sculpt is really good. I didn't buy a whole new figure, just got the part out and a few magic effects for my V1.

Has anyone bought the IW Knocknoff on ebay? I really want to put it on my V1 cuz I dont feel the need to buy the entire box for just the head and maybe a few pieces of magic

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Has anyone bought the IW Knocknoff on ebay? I really want to put it on my V1 cuz I dont feel the need to buy the entire box for just the head and maybe a few pieces of magic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Stock-1...660949?hash=item4201c70215:g:rmUAAOSw5FBc7MRw

That auction looks like actual photos of the product rather than the promo pics with better paint. It looks ok but something was lost in the recasting process.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Stock-1...660949?hash=item4201c70215:g:rmUAAOSw5FBc7MRw

That auction looks like actual photos of the product rather than the promo pics with better paint. It looks ok but something was lost in the recasting process.
Yeah, alot of them look pretty spot on, but they all tend to use the same photos.. there has been one listing that I found that have the same photos shown, but the last photo was in hand and didnt look like the others. Sounds horrible and selfish, but I wanna wait till someone actually buys one. I cant really trust ebay pics..

Yeah, alot of them look pretty spot on, but they all tend to use the same photos.. there has been one listing that I found that have the same photos shown, but the last photo was in hand and didnt look like the others. Sounds horrible and selfish, but I wanna wait till someone actually buys one. I cant really trust ebay pics..

Well yeah, I typically don't buy any unless it's a real photo. The one I linked at least is an actual in hand photo, even if it's not unique to that listing, it's probably close to what you'll get. I wouldn't expect them to be any better than that photo shows.

I?ve just packed all of my Hot Toys away in preparation to hopefully move house. I got distracted by Dr Strange because I realised how poseable he is due to the thin and light fabrics and double elbows etc. - I ended up playing with him for ages! I?m guilty of using museum poses but this will change when I unpack in the new house. This figure is superb!

I did realise though that his right bicept is back to front. I tried for a while to fix it but it seems there?s no elbow swivel, so if I turn it his elbow is the wrong way around.

Does anyone know what body this figure uses so I can find a video and study how it?s put together? I?d like to fix it without taking the clothing off.

s-l1600.jpg

Found an eBay listing for an original and that's the body. I think all you need to do is swivel the bicep inside the sleeve?

View attachment 506439

Found an eBay listing for an original and that's the body. I think all you need to do is swivel the bicep inside the sleeve?

Thanks for that - really useful! I can swivel the bicep but not the elbow, so the bend will be wrong. I think it?s best to lease as is - you can?t tell it?s wrong, it?s just something that bugged me.

I don't understand, if you swivel the bicep, the elbow moves with it. It can't be bending the wrong way all the time?

The elbow bends forward in the natural position but when I feel the bicep I can feel that the flat edge is on the front and the muscle is on the back, which is different to his left arm. I can rotate the bicep so the bulge is at the front but then the elbow bends backwards.

You can?t see that it?s wrong, so no biggie. I just wanted to check if there?s a way to fix it :)

Back