ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got word from Shorty that, per an email from Rainman, the cuffs have been fixed! :yess:

That's great news! At this point, the very minor color issues can be fixed with mild dye baths or even lighting! lol...

(I'm just referring to the fact that the grid shirt should be light gray, and the vest should be burnt orange, not red orange. But of course, these are so minor, it's probably just best to do nothing.)

^^^Great news! :yess:

I love the new vest. I wouldn't want it any more orange than it is now. Looks perfect to me.

I can tell, I'm glad you were able to secure one of these clothing sets :)

Rainman has confirmed with Shorty that these sets should ship around the 20th :yess:

:rock :rock :rock

Man, I'm so glad I have this clothing set purchased too...Can't wait for this!!! Trev's sculpt is with JOhnny for the paint up, I have my Sweeney Todd slim, foot pegs and neck post, slim hands and adaptors...I'm READY to build the ULTIMATE McFly!!!

:hi5:

:rock :rock :rock

Man, I'm so glad I have this clothing set purchased too...Can't wait for this!!! Trev's sculpt is with JOhnny for the paint up, I have my Sweeney Todd slim, foot pegs and neck post, slim hands and adaptors...I'm READY to build the ULTIMATE McFly!!!

:hi5:

I'm excited too... I know he's super busy and everything, but if only Erick would get the sculpt to me..... :slap

^^^Great news! :yess:

I love the new vest. I wouldn't want it any more orange than it is now. Looks perfect to me.

I love the new vest as well... well, overall, that is. The cut, collar, and new material is absolutely beautiful. And although the color is definitely better than the previous version, the screen-used vest was indeed more orange. :dunno

I'd like it to be more accurate to the film, but I guess that's too much to ask for at this point. It will still look great, don't get me wrong, but it just won't be as close as it could have been.

WhatdidItellyou-HQ.jpg

Guess I just like red better than orange.

A lot of guys moded their Joker overcoat liners to be orange, but I just like the look of red on my shelf better. :dunno

Odd. I like the color purple but that doesn't mean Marty's vest should be violet. :dunno :slap

on screen accuracy above all else!

Shelf presence > screen accuracy.

Obviously purple would look retarded on the shelf and nobody would even recognize it as Marty, but an orange that is 2 clicks away from what it looks like on your TV is something else entirely. I think the new color is better than the first attempt, but any more orange and I'm afraid that I'm only gonna think 'traffic cone' when I see him.

:exactly: Yep. I don't want a modern day life preserver on my shelf. (Although I wouldn't kick her out of my collection room...)

And although a side character thought the vest was reminiscent of a life preserver, it wasn't one and shouldn't look like one.

Back