ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :rotfl

Looking good Ski. Which head do you have trev's or erick's?

...and don't forget to weather those shoes :lecture

Trev's, I've had several of Trev's... maybe painting my LAST Marty!!! :lol :yess:

Still deciding on the weathering part, I like em clean as well but it's not final. I'm not a stickler for accuracy with most of my items, kind of a slacker and gullible.

I'll be doing the bread tie trick on the cuffs though, Mag stole that from our HT T-800 thread with the paperclip collar trick btw, your welcome Mags :wink1: :mwaha :devil.

Ski

Basically you're stretching the elastic in the back of the jacket, then pinning it (therefore not allowing it to contract), thus giving the bottom hem more slack.

I think it would compress along the pin.

You'd need two tiny pins for this trick: and pin the jacket's elastic down on one side (in the back), stretch it across the back, and pin the other side down (to the jeans or something). This will give you some slack in the front.

That's as far as using safety pins.

:goodpost:

I knew it wasn't that simple. :D

If it really bothers you that much, bake it.
The elastic's rubber will dry up and cease being elastic.

That said, I don't know if the art in revolution pin would melt.

Intriguing...

I do think the pin would melt...

The waist band seems to have 3 elastic bands in it. I wonder how weird it would look if I cut one or two of them.

I'd hate to ruin such a great jacket.

If Marf can dream it, YOU can do it!!!! :hi5:

ngbbs4adf133a75165.jpg

blades-of-glory-20070321024025017_640w.jpg

I'll be doing the bread tie trick on the cuffs though, Mag stole that from our HT T-800 thread with the paperclip collar trick btw, your welcome Mags :wink1: :mwaha :devil.

Ski

:lol With the exception of Marcus Wright, I don't think I've ever been in a Terminator thread. :pfft:

Well it's good to know the vest is fairly indestructible. I tried rit dye remover and then bleach to lighten it up enough to dye more of an orange to it to no avail. Whatever material it is it won't hold the dye and the red won't come out. So I guess I'll have to get used to the red vest

I was going to wait till I got my Marty put together, but this thread was just too much. Just popped in BTTF part 1 on Blu :rock

Elastic waist fix

Paper clip wire cut to required length needed to keep elastic stretch to your desired width.

2 smallish squares of iron on denim fabric tape.

Iron one onto one side of the elastic band, over the end of the wire, stretch out elastic and iron tape on other side over the other end of the wire. Wire now fastened and holding elastic spread.

I discovered a solution to the crap light solution in my house, so now I can show off Skiman's sculpt and the rest of this beauty in the way it deserves. Here's some pics of a Marty look folks haven't shown off so much:

"How far you going?"

"About 30 years."

DSC_0248-2.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0253-1.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0257-1.jpg

I discovered a solution to the crap light solution in my house, so now I can show off Skiman's sculpt and the rest of this beauty in the way it deserves. Here's some pics of a Marty look folks haven't shown off so much:

"How far you going?"

"About 30 years."

DSC_0248-2.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0253-1.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0257-1.jpg

Thank you for posting some pictures of Marty without the vest. I almost prefer him this way. Rainman's jacket is exquisite!:clap

Back