ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a long nap brotha!

species-spotlight-grizzly-bear-brown-mouth-open-black-nose-attacking-growling-biting-photo.jpeg

:lol

Well, I just woke up!

Opened my package and WOW!!! Just wow, it really is amazing the amount of details into the clothing from Rainman's tailor. She's beyond awesome with the jacket, that's the piece that sets it off for me! The quality of the denim jacket I am just floored on and of course everything else in the set is amazing as well!!! :rock

I'll probably get sometime on Sunday since the in-laws are coming into town tonight and staying at my house for the father-in-law's B-day. They won't be leaving until Sunday so that leaves little room for anything custom, including my own work, so I hope to get him together around that time.

Thanks again Rainman and Rainman's tailor, I don't know her name but I am 100% satisfied! :woo !!!!!!!!11

Happy Friday everyone!

Ski

Last edited:
Yeah, that denim jacket is the real jewel of the set IMO. The lining on the inside, the brand label, the patches, the elastic band, etc. I plan on taking the "life preserver" off and admiring it a bit more on its own sometime this weekend.

I think part of the problem that some people are seeing is that the jeans are "inflating" in this scale when you tuck in the 2 shirts. Almost like a "frump" :lol due to the thickness of material allowed at this scale. So when the shirts tuck in it bulges out the jeans in an unflattering spot on the slim body making it look like "mom jeans".

I think what I'm going to due is remove the snap button that rainman put on the jeans and pull the jeans as tight as I can get and just glue them. This should eliminate some of that look that some are seeing. Then again, I'm really happy with how they look now anyway.

Alternatively, and I did this with a custom Superman figure, I dremeled out a hole on the body itself, giving the interior snap of the jeans some room to but pushed in...

It almost looks like it should be a reddish brown/ orange color to me.
picture.php

I like the vest color just fine.

At this point the only thing that's bugging me it how tight the elastic is along the bottom of the jacket. I really wish it were possible for the jacket to hang naturally as in the picture above. I'm thinking about cutting some of the elastic strings...

Also, I found a couple nice futzing tricks that have helped me make peace with the pants. I'll wait until I get my ankle pegs before I post pics so that I can see it all together and make sure it works.

Last edited:
Mag, what about using a tiny safety pin to stretch the elastic on the back of the jacket and give the front more slack?

Really looking forward to your pics by the way...just steal another figures damn ankle pegs for now!

...besides nutty is spending $300 + on a toys outfit so you're all guilty too :)

:goodpost: :exactly:

This is a great suggestion, and something I plan on doing with my own :exactly: I'm just worried there won't be enough length to it, as some have said the shirt is a bit short...but I'll see soon enough!

Remember the waist on the pants in the eighties were alot higher. I hate to date myself but it took me forever to get comfortable wearing modern cut jeans when they changed them. If you see the screen pick above the waist is higher, but untucking the shirt and using the water treatment on it may look more natural

I would stay away from water treating the shirt, unless Rainman can confirm that the pattern won't run. I believe it's printed on.

Hmm... I was gonna say, the only way it would be possible would be with the water treatment...

Hmm... I was gonna say, the only way it would be possible would be with the water treatment...

That would be the best way, but you can still achieve a better look than the "flat tuck" by just pulling out some slack and doing some careful futzing. Sometimes even pinching a piece of fabric between your fingers for 20 secs or so can get it to wrinkle the way you'd like.

I'm too stupid to get how that safety pin trick would work. :confused:

I'm envisioning it in my head, and I think it should work? :lol

Basically you're stretching the elastic in the back of the jacket, then pinning it (therefore not allowing it to contract), thus giving the bottom hem more slack.

I'm envisioning it in my head, and I think it should work? :lol

Basically you're stretching the elastic in the back of the jacket, then pinning it (therefore not allowing it to contract), thus giving the bottom hem more slack.

I think it would compress along the pin.

You'd need two tiny pins for this trick: and pin the jacket's elastic down on one side (in the back), stretch it across the back, and pin the other side down (to the jeans or something). This will give you some slack in the front.

That's as far as using safety pins.

If it really bothers you that much, bake it.
The elastic's rubber will dry up and cease being elastic.

That said, I don't know if the art in revolution pin would melt.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I don't think the Truetype slim everyone's using and that the clothing set was designed for, is the right body to use... It's just way too tall. Marty McFly is 5'3", maybe 5'4" out of bed in the mornings... The super long legs make "mom jeans" syndrome look even worse... That said...

I sectioned a $10 Dragon Neo body for my Marty... Seven cuts total. Only took minutes, because this body's made of styrene, it was super easy to weld with plastruct liquid welder. On the left, my sectioned DML body for Marty... and on the right, an unmodified Dragon body.

I shortened his arms mid-humerus, his thighs, his lower legs, and his abdomen. He should stand just under 11" now, with shoes on... For what it's worth, I removed about 1/4" on the arms, thighs and calves, and 3/8" off his abdomen.

Gotta love the purple Calvin Klein underwear! :)

bttfmartyv2b.jpg

The bad news is, this means that Rainman's jeans will need to be retailored... Eeek! Hate to pull apart such a well-made piece, but, according to my measurements, it's literally a full inch too long...

Anyhoo... just finished putting the hem back together... and Voila!

bttfmartyv2a.jpg

I like this much better. Proportions are much more Michael J. Fox-like. I'm still using my shoes here as I haven't had a chance to weather Rainman's. Also using my vest too for now...

Now, on to fixing the paisley cuffs, and dying the vest burnt orange like it's supposed to be...

Last edited:
Back