Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

- So Darkseid is the guy that got defeated back in the day instead of Steppenwolf? Seems odd to show your BIG bad as fallible/defeated. And since Diana knows the story, it kind of makes him less menacing ("...he's destroyed thousands of worlds...except this one. He's 0 for 1 when taking on the Earth. So no problem, we've got this".). So losing previously on Earth wasn't Steppenwolf's past failing. I must admit though, Darkseid does LOOK totally badass;
!

Snyder did the same to General Zon twice in MOS.

Also, what about Joker?

So Superman couldn’t do what Flash did :tap

FluffyMassiveGordonsetter-max-1mb.gif

Snyder did the same to General Zon twice in MOS.

Also, what about Joker?

True, but IMO Zod wasn't quite the threat that Darkseid was built up to be. It would be if the MCU started off IW/EG with a flashback of Thanos losing in the past to a superhero team led by a young Odin or something. Just a weird choice IMO...

As for Joker - yes, what about Joker? I really didn't see the point of Bruce's dream, so the dreamscape Joker did nothing for me. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've yet to hear a reasonable explanation for why Bruce's nightmares should be treated as actionable intel. It seems to be because he's Batman. This time around there's no Flash popping in from an alternate future, so what's the justification? Cyborg getting a vision from the mother boxes I'll buy, but not Bruce.

DHQPBDF.gif

True, but IMO Zod wasn't quite the threat that Darkseid was built up to be..

It doesn't matter, it's the same basic flaw. How you gonna show the main antagonist getting his ass kicked in the first 10 minutes of the film? And bat the hands of a scientist of all people. Then he got beat up in Smallville, and then he died in the final fight. :lol Worst villain ever.

True, but IMO Zod wasn't quite the threat that Darkseid was built up to be. It would be if the MCU started off IW/EG with a flashback of Thanos losing in the past to a superhero team led by a young Odin or something. Just a weird choice IMO...

As for Joker - yes, what about Joker? I really didn't see the point of Bruce's dream, so the dreamscape Joker did nothing for me. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've yet to hear a reasonable explanation for why Bruce's nightmares should be treated as actionable intel. It seems to be because he's Batman. This time around there's no Flash popping in from an alternate future, so what's the justification? Cyborg getting a vision from the mother boxes I'll buy, but not Bruce.

I don't think that was a dream, it's the future when Darkseid wins. The Flash has to go back in time and tell Bruce that Lois is the key. Knowing Snyder she's the key to stop Supes from going bad and helping Darkseid conquer, so Bruce has to change their fate by saving Lois or something. Kinda like Endgame. :lol

I don't think that was a dream, it's the future when Darkseid wins. The Flash has to go back in time and tell Bruce that Lois is the key. Knowing Snyder she's the key to stop Supes from going bad and helping Darkseid conquer, so Bruce has to change their fate by saving Lois or something. Kinda like Endgame. :lol

You're referring to the BvS scene when he nodded off at his desk, right? The Flash part I'll buy, but most of the "Knightmare" sequence occurred before Barry popped in to tell him to "find Lois" or whatever. And this time??

p.s. - "Knowing Snyder"? As if anyone could know how his brain works. :lol

BTW, I would be remiss if I failed to mention how much I LOVED the extended use of the Batmobile in this version, as well as the fact that its design didn't change from the 2017 release. It's reassuring knowing that my Jazzinc Justice Mobile with it's JL Accessory Kit will NOT be forever known as the Batmobile from that "OTHER" Justice League. :lol

You're referring to the BvS scene when he nodded off at his desk, right? The Flash part I'll buy, but most of the "Knightmare" sequence occurred before Barry popped in to tell him to "find Lois" or whatever. And this time??

p.s. - "Knowing Snyder"? As if anyone could know how his brain works. :lol

I think the nightmare sequences are premonitions of the future. The Flash had to travel back in time from somewhere.

So the Batman future sacrifice hint is in the movie afterall

Listen to that old wives tale Aquaman and Diana mention which was you can’t take from the darkness unless you leave one in return!

They will bring Superman back from the darkness but eventually Batman will be given to the darkness in return.

Hey did Snyder steal that from BW sacrifice in EG. Take the stone but a soul has to take its place.

Last edited:
BTW, I would be remiss if I failed to mention how much I LOVED the extended use of the Batmobile in this version, as well as the fact that its design didn't change from the 2017 release. It's reassuring knowing that my Jazzinc Justice Mobile with it's JL Accessory Kit will NOT be forever known as the Batmobile from that "OTHER" Justice League. :lol

I hated the R/C car bounce and sound it made in BvS but in this movie it kicked ass!

It’s crazy that jazz inc made an unlicensed bad ass Batmobile!

That car (with 1/6 BvS Batman posed next to it) and Hulkbuster are what I consider to be the best 1/6 collectibles has to offer.

While I still thought it was superior, ZSJL made me appreciate Josstice League even more (but then I always dug it).

My favourite bit from ZSJL was the Knightmare epilogue; great to have the blanks starting to be filled in (which was the main oversight of Josstice League).

I guess the coffin scene at the end of BvS will never be explained...

Back