Your Top 5 movies of Summer 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a pretty disappointing summer for me...

1. District-9
2. Up
3. The Hangover
4. Moon
5. Drag me to Hell

I still need to check Thirst out...
but everything else, forgettable IMO...

Star Trek
The Hangover
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
District 9
Inglorious Basterds

Everything else sucked....

Oh yes, if it actually has a marketing budget it HAS to be bad. :rolleyes:

I don't think that's what Evilface meant by his comment. I know he's famous for be negative but I believe what he was trying to say was all the big name movies ended up being sort of disappointing.

You can't sit here and tell me that the majority of this year's so-called blockbuster were not atleast some what disappointing. Especially the great year in film we had last year. :D

1. Star Trek
2. Transformers ROTF
3. Terminator Salvation
4. Wolverine
5. The Hangover

I still wanna see Inglorious Basterds

I've only seen three:

01) Star Trek

Angel and Demons and Up don't really rank for me, honestly. I didn't like either one. The first 5 minutes of Up was awesome, but the rest of the movie didn't do anything for me. Ewan McGregor was the only good thing about A&D.

Star Trek was a-freaking-mazing.

Star Trek
Star Trek
Harry Potter
Terminator Salvation

Only movies I watched this summer.. every thing else will wait for Netflix.

District 9
Star Trek
Drag Me to Hell
Inglourious Basterds

These are my favorites, but if I had to include another, it would probably be TF 2. I enjoyed most of the others.

Moon? You guys got to be kidding me. Moderately interesting, yes. Top 5, no.

Mine, in no particular order:

1 - Up
2 - Star Trek
3 - District 9
4 - Trick r Treat (hey, I finally saw it this summer!)
5 - none.

I still haven't seen Inglorious Basterds, Grace, Harry Potter, World's Greatest Dad, The Hangover, The Hurt Locker or Drag Me To Hell, all who have the potential for that fifth spot.

No particular order...

District 9
Drag Me to Hell
The Hurt Locker
Star Trek
Transformers 2

I didn't get to see many foreign films, so they could easily knock 2 of those movies off my list.

In order of my love for them:
1. Star Trek
2. District 9
3. Up
4. Inglourious Basterds
5. The Hangover

I am shocked that Transformers and Terminator weren't on this list but they were two reasons I'm so disappointed with this summers offerings. Was really down this summer until the past couple of weeks when D-9 and Basterds came out. They keep me from saying it's "The Worst Summer of Movies"

I don't think that's what Evilface meant by his comment. I know he's famous for be negative but I believe what he was trying to say was all the big name movies ended up being sort of disappointing.

You can't sit here and tell me that the majority of this year's so-called blockbuster were not atleast some what disappointing. Especially the great year in film we had last year. :D

You can't say "everything sucked" because you were disappointed by 2 films you knew were going to suck anyway (Transformers 2 and GI Joe).

I was just saying the other day how I hadn't really seen any movies this summer... but I actually saw quite a few. i ranked all of the movies that I saw. I hated terminator and I thought UP was pretty weak as well. I need to give HP6 another viewing because I was really sick when I saw it and just wanted to go home.

1 - Star Trek
2 - Inglorious Basterds
3 - Hangover
4 - Pubic Enemy
5 - Harry Potter 6
6 - UP
7 - Terminator

Never got around to seeing GI Joe, District 9, Transformers 2... might be able to catch at least one of them still.

Trek, D9, Basterds, Up, in no particular order.

Everything else literally sucked balls. Yes, I'm looking at you McG.

Back