Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a marvel graphic novel "the siege" this weekend and I loved it. I stopped reading really after civil war so i was a little lost but I enjoyed it very much. Going to the comic shop this weekend to buy some material that will bridge the gap between civil war and siege... I stared at the page when sentry ripped ares in half for a good 5 minutes thinking how bad ass that was. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go after siege for good reading? I was thinking house of m heard it was good

I think Secret Invasion comes before Siege but can't be sure.

House of M is by all accounts very good.

I would recommend Thanos Imperative as that's awesome but follows on from the Annihilation story arc so I would recommend reading them first but they are mostly OOP so can be hard to find & expensive.

Been having a big splurge recently on GN's so will get some pics up as soon as everything arrives :)

Neil

I've been rereading old GN's, because of my money situation not really allowing for any new comic purchases.

But I've been on a Batman kick due to the new film.. just got done reading Batman: Year One, The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, and The Man Who Laughs.

I'm starting on The Dark Knight Returns today... Been a while since I read that classic.

Don't blame you there.

I'm trying to track down some older valuable pieces, I think next one will be The Incredible Hulk #181. We'll see...

I been reading Spawn, up to about issue #110 or so. I'm starting to remember why I stopped reading it years ago. Gets boring...

You ever into Spawn?

I gave up on spawn around #80. it's the comicbook version of seinfield. a book about nothing :lol

just got done reading Batman: Year One, The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, and The Man Who Laughs.

I've read most of those and love them.

How do you like The Man Who Laughs? I have it on my Amazon wish list to buy next after I finish reading the Knightfall story.

If you like The Long Halloween, make sure you read Dark Victory and Haunted Knight, both are done by Loeb and Sale (in case you haven't already).

I gave up on spawn around #80. it's the comicbook version of seinfield. a book about nothing :lol

I'm starting to get to that point.

I feel it's going nowhere.

Seinfeld, on the other hand is still great!

Just picked up the graphic novel "Wasteland:Apocalyptic Edition" both volumes 1 and 2. So far I am loving this comic and I am also surprised that even though this comic is in black and white, it is still a fantastic graphic novel. I am definately glad I got into this story...my interest in picking up this graphic novel series was from watching one of my favorite movies "the Book of Eli". I was looking for a graphic novel that had a strong post apocalyptic feel to it and this one definately has all that. :)

How do you like The Man Who Laughs? I have it on my Amazon wish list to buy next after I finish reading the Knightfall story.

If you like The Long Halloween, make sure you read Dark Victory and Haunted Knight, both are done by Loeb and Sale (in case you haven't already).

I really enjoyed The Man Who Laughs. Not very long though so imo only get it if you can get it for a decent price.

Oh absolutely! I loved it.. it's a nice take on Batman and Gordon's first encounter with the Joker. The only problem with it is that it is criminally short. I wish it would have had more to it.

And I have all three of the Loeb/Sale Batman books... I wish they would team up again, because those books are second only to Miller's Batman stuff. I liked Superman: For All Seasons but it wasn't as good as their Batman work.

Spider-Man: Blue was badass however. :D

I just picked up Vol. 1& 2 of the new printing of Knightfall. I wanted to read the story again after seeing DKR, and was just too lazy to fight through the long boxes to get to the single issues.:lol

Reading Fool Moon now - 2nd book in the Harry Dresden series. Struggling with it, as, in my opinion, Harry comes off as a serious ****** in the books

Been on a mega spend-a-thon recently & in the last 4 weeks have picked up these...

2012-07-29215027.jpg

2012-07-30211755.jpg

2012-07-31210510.jpg

Looking forward to getting started on these :)

Neil

Just ordered the Invincible Compendium Vol. 1. Looking forward to it, since I've been flying through TWD in just 3 days.

Can anyone help me with the order of the Geoff Johns Green Lantern series?

I know it starts with Rebirth, but then there are bunch more, and it's hard to know which book follows which. I'm mainly interested in the main story, not into the Green Lantern Corps branch offs.

The Secret Origin Of Superman by Jeff John and Gary Frank.

Stunning! Personally my favourite comic book art.

Back