Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I looked into Final Crisis after to see if I needed to read that. In fact before I started reading Morrison's run I was a little confused as to which actually featured the "death" of Batman, R.I.P or Final Crisis. But I found a site that lists the whole run and reading order and it said you don't necessarily need to read Final Crisis, and it showed a couple panels with the important stuff.

So my original plan of deciding to get into Morrison's run and buy Black Glove Deluxe, R.I.P and then Absolute Batman and Robin, followed by Batman Inc volume 1 has turned into...well, something wayyyy more expansive. :lol

You've been a star though dude, I realise I could have pretty much just stuck with Morrison's books but you're suggestions have made me want to pick up some of the others too to kind of flesh everything out more. :duff

I just finished it today, great stuff!

Got me some dredd today, starting from the beginning.

Awesome, I got that Dredd book a few years back, with the intention of working my way through them all. Never got around to picking up anymore volumes though. Haha.

Iron-Man-Extremis-2005.jpg

Really enjoyed it. Wish it was longer.

Awesome, I got that Dredd book a few years back, with the intention of working my way through them all. Never got around to picking up anymore volumes though. Haha.

I'm loving it so far. I've only seen the movies so thought I should give Dredd some comic love. Was it not expecting it to be such a beast of a book, good value that's for sure man.

Batman Noir Deluxe HC, got through it finally.
Nice and gritty and the B/W art looks great.
If you're into crime (Chandler, Thompson, etc...) you may want to check it out.

I'm loving it so far. I've only seen the movies so thought I should give Dredd some comic love. Was it not expecting it to be such a beast of a book, good value that's for sure man.

I was the same, I remember seeing the Stallone movie when that came out and loved it (I was only young :lol) and tried to find some comics then but there wasn't much about then. I finally picked up that first volume and quite enjoyed it but never carried on. I did look at some other trades and graphic novels but was never really sure where to start. I love that the characters age in real time though.

Batman Noir Deluxe HC, got through it finally.
Nice and gritty and the B/W art looks great.
If you're into crime (Chandler, Thompson, etc...) you may want to check it out.

For some reason I was under the impression that this was just a collection of art work. Not sure why I was thinking that. Is this a whole new story?

For some reason I was under the impression that this was just a collection of art work. Not sure why I was thinking that. Is this a whole new story?

Broken City is the main story in four parts done in true "crime noir" fashion. Like I said it's nice and gritty with some familiar faces. There are a couple of others after that.

Ahhh its a reprint of Broken City. I must have gotten confused somewhere and started thinking it was just a collection of Noir style artwork. Not sure why. Haha.

I have the original Broken City trade though, not read it in a while but I remember loving it. As you said, a real Noir style story. How are the other stories included? Would you say its worth getting if I already have Broken City?

Ahhh its a reprint of Broken City. I must have gotten confused somewhere and started thinking it was just a collection of Noir style artwork. Not sure why. Haha.

I have the original Broken City trade though, not read it in a while but I remember loving it. As you said, a real Noir style story. How are the other stories included? Would you say its worth getting if I already have Broken City?

The other stories are Batman Knight of Vengance #1 - 3, and Batman Wednesday comics # 1 - 12. Broken City makes up most of the collection and is the best story overall, so I'd say if you have that already you're good unless you're a completist. It's a nice collection which is all I really buy now.

The other stories are Batman Knight of Vengance #1 - 3, and Batman Wednesday comics # 1 - 12. Broken City makes up most of the collection and is the best story overall, so I'd say if you have that already you're good unless you're a completist. It's a nice collection which is all I really buy now.

Thanks for the info, will probably give it a miss, at least for now. As I have the main story and am totally happy with it.

read Lazarus # 1 from Image. I liked it, but prolly won't keep up on it. Just too much to buy.

I never remember to post when I get new comics.

So far this year (not including single issues)...

Robin: Flying Solo
Batman: No Man's Land vol.4
Batman: Snow
Penguin: Pain and Prejudice
Solomon Grundy
Superman/Batman 1 & 3
Supergirl: Beyond Good and Evil, and Way of the World

Vampirella Archives vol.6

Marvel Star Wars Omnibus 1-3
Wolverine: Not Dead Yet
Marvel Comics Presents Wolverine 1-4
Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men 6-8
New X-Men: Childhood's End 2-5
5 Ronin

World of Flashpoint: Batman, and Superman will be arriving next week. I looked at what I bought last year and I blushed. I was a comic slut something wicked. Been trying to keep my knees together this year.

Back