Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True that - so many good stories. I Am Legend is one of my all time favorite reads.

Total agreement. I read that again earlier this year, so much better than the last movie incarnation with Will Smith.
A Legend for two completely different reasons. :lecture

Duel was great too, book and movie.
That man wrote a helluva lot...

Battle for the Cowl first. :lecture

After R.I.P. I was gonna post here asking if its worth reading Battle for the Cowl before going into Batman and Robin. I know Grayson takes over so wasn't sure if that's all I needed to know.

So should I go R.I.P. Battle for the Cowl, Batman and Robin and then Return of Bruce Wayne?

batman-noir-variant-cover_mtv-geek.jpg

I did. it was very good. better than I thought it would be. so far my pick of the week, but I have several more to read.

I hadn't either but the art work looked amazing, more so the parts drawn by jae lee. but the writer was surprisingly very good. I'm disappointed in how short the issue is though. I think it's well worth the pull though. it's gotten very good reviews online too as far as title support goes.

So should I go R.I.P. Battle for the Cowl, Batman and Robin and then Return of Bruce Wayne?

Exactly. The corresponding Batman trades were Long Shadows, Life After Death, and Time and The Batman.

If you're into satellite titles, Red Robin, Batgirl (Stephanie Brown), Gotham City Sirens and Detective Comics (which featured Batwoman, written by Greg Rucka) were all excellent as well.

Awesome, thanks man. I actually received R.I.P. now so will get started on that ASAP. I looked into those trades and I take it they would go between Battle for the Cowl and Batman and Robin? I would have gone straight from R.I.P to Batman and Robin, maybe reading Battle for the Cowl, but they actually sound like really good reads.

I actually have the first two or three Red Robin trades, I bought them awhile back as I'm a big Tim Drake fan and loved the Red Robin costume. Sounds like there's a lot to read though between R.I.P. and Batman and Robin.

In fact I just remembered I have the first couple of issues of Detective with Batwoman in digital form from when they were on sale, so will check them out when I reach that point in my reading.

All of those titles run concurrent with Batman & Robin.

They all launched (with the exception of Detective Comics) immediately following Battle for the Cowl.

Ahh, I was always under the impression that the main Batman title just became Batman and Robin after Battle for the Cowl. Didn't realise it continued. That's cool though, those trades have got some good reviews and its cool that there's lots more to read during that period.

Thanks again for the help man. :hi5:

Absolutely. :duff

I have a few pages left in Number of the Beast and it's ending as brilliantly as it began. For anyone inclined to take a long ride through Heinlein's universe, I would highly recommend reading Methuselah's Children, Time Enough For Love, and The Number of the Beast (in that order). The Cat Who Walks Through Walls and To Sail Beyond the Sunset are next in the sequence, but I haven't got that far.

I ordered Walking Dead vol. 17 (since I had 18 first, by accident). And Nightmare World vol. 3. Woo.

I have up to volume 6 in hardcover, but made the mistake of reading the next two volumes in the second compendium. Now I have no motivation to buy 7 & 8. :monkey2

I'm behind on my Walking Dead. I have the first 4 hardcovers but stopped reading when the tv show started. Not sure why. Really need to get back into it.

Haha I know, I think once the series started I just wanted to focus on that and not have two versions going on in my head. And it would take a while between me collecting the next hardcover due to money shortage.

But the books, wow, I remember getting the first hardcover on a whim having never heard of it before. Just thought "hey, I like zombies, sounds good" and it sat on my shelf for a while until I finally got round to reading it. I read the whole thing in one sitting and couldn't put it down. The second I finished it I grabbed my laptop and ordered volume 2. As soon as that arrived I started reading it, got about 5 pages in, put it down and ordered volume 3 immediately. I was hooked.

And that's my story. :lol

That said, I adore the tv show though as well.

Just finished Batman R.I.P. wow, interesting. Different. Insane. Brilliant. Although I was a little confused by the ending. I'm not sure if it was less confusing because I kind of know the basics of what happens after or if it was more confusing because of that. :lol gotta love Morrison though.

Just ordered Battle for the Cowl and Long Shadows. Then when payday comes I'm thinking I'll pick up the Absolute Edition of Morrison's Batman and Robin. I'm just gonna plough through this stuff as I'm finding it gripping. Can't believe it took me so long to start reading this "arc" if you can call it that.

Back