Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SJicSTiUvZg.jpg

:yess:

Awesome pick, devil! Lone Wolf and Cub is, by far, my favorite manga series of all time.

Batman Detective Comics #21
Age of Ultron 9 of 10
Superior Spiderman #11
All new X-Men #12
Avengers #13

And now I read!

I was reading Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight but I couldn't get into it. I just ordered Empire State and The Age Atomic by Adam Christopher. Read really good things about both those books.

I picked up X-Men #1 (the all-female team). Didn't care much for it. Won't be picking issue #2.

Also recently started picking up the House of M books. Gonna start those soon.

:yess:

Awesome pick, devil! Lone Wolf and Cub is, by far, my favorite manga series of all time.

Love the books and the movies from the 70's. Great stuff, great BLOODY stuff. :lol

I've only seen the movies and never felt like buying all the separate mangas. When I saw they were doing a two volume omnibus, it was an easy decision.

Heinlein is quickly becoming my favorite author. Only a few pages into Number of the Beast and it's ****ing brilliant.

Just read Batman vs The Black Glove deluxe edition. I know Morrisons Batman run divided people so was always quite wary but I loved it. One of my favourite parts of the whole thing was the scene with Joe Chill, seeing Batman in his original design, the larger ears on the cowl, no gauntlets, the gun at his side. I've always been a huge fan of that early design so seeing it done again was an awesome moment for me. Need to pick up R.I.P next.

I haven't ever heard of Lonewolf and Cub. Worth getting? I like a good Samurai story. That is if its a samurai story at all :lol It just looks that way from the cover.

That second volume of Detective Comics has a fantastic cover. Love it. Unfortunately I stopped picking up the issues way back as I felt the writing had gotten really poor.

Last edited:
I recently started "A Song of Ice and Fire"

But I'm looking forward to this book which comes out in the fall. It's about Danny Torrence all grown up.
doctor_sleep_property_embed.jpg

I thought it was a great story. I've been planning to read it again. i read it when it first came out and I'm curious to see if I still like it. A lot people did not.

Yeah I remember just after it came out a lot of people hated it. I remember someone on the DC forum said "it's like listening to a Tom Waits album" or words to that effect. Which is a good thing in my book. But because of the negative reactions from many I was unsure about it. After reading Batman and Son and The Black Glove I can't wait to read it though. Then will continue straight to his Batman and Robin run.

Back