Yoda vs Dooku

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that is a beauty. I can't wait to get mine. I think the sculpts are pretty awesome. Is this in scale with Obi and Ani? I've decided resistance is futile, I must buy all three of these dios.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol

I am glad I can resist....that's a lot of money you are about to spend. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol

I am glad I can resist....that's a lot of money you are about to spend. :lol

I guess I should say it is actually contingent on figuring out a way to afford them, but I'll probably use my ss reward points, I have about 100 dollars worth so that will help. Damn I'm weak.

GREAT pics, Josh. I'm regretting canceling this dio. For sure, I'll pick one up later. I just noticed that I didn't place Yoda's lightsaber in correctly. I just placed it where it fit without looking at the pic/box. I'll have to correct it when I finally display it (it's back in the box already). I have some pics of the faux bronze dio in the Sign In-- List of Faux Yoda thread.

Thanks Zoom! Its a great addition to the collection. I saw your pics and they look awesome!

Pics look great Josh... Thoughts on it in comparison to the Obi vs. Anakin dio?

Thnx Neil!

Sculpting wise I really think they are quite equal. Both pieces do just a superb job of giving the feeling of the moment and the characters. I think the job done on Dooku is really really nice and looks just like him as I have him on the same shelf as my Saruman SSW statue. So its bookends of Chris Lee. Yoda is the most impressive thing IMO anyways. Its like a screen cap of the CGI Yoda in polystone form. The base is nice but I do wish it was bigger and gave more to the piece like the Anakin vs Obi-Wan piece.

Paint jobs on both are stellar at least my two are anyways. I'm quite impressed with Dooku's because of the way they captured his old but sophisticated look. Yoda's again is just CGI/Poly perfect as is the case with the other Dio.

Overall, I still prefer the Anakin vs Obi-Wan a little more but the moment of that the piece comes from is just really powerful.

The cool thing is I got my Yoda/Dooku Dark Rendezvous Clone Wars Novel today in the mail to go with this piece. :rock

great pics Josh! those closeup Dooku and yoda heads are like 10 times the size!!!! hahah. cool stuff!
Trev

Thank you sir! I appreciate that a lot coming from you. Yeah, the closeups are really blown up as to how big they really are. :rotfl

Thnx Neil!

Sculpting wise I really think they are quite equal. Both pieces do just a superb job of giving the feeling of the moment and the characters. I think the job done on Dooku is really really nice and looks just like him as I have him on the same shelf as my Saruman SSW statue. So its bookends of Chris Lee. Yoda is the most impressive thing IMO anyways. Its like a screen cap of the CGI Yoda in polystone form. The base is nice but I do wish it was bigger and gave more to the piece like the Anakin vs Obi-Wan piece.

Paint jobs on both are stellar at least my two are anyways. I'm quite impressed with Dooku's because of the way they captured his old but sophisticated look. Yoda's again is just CGI/Poly perfect as is the case with the other Dio.

Overall, I still prefer the Anakin vs Obi-Wan a little more but the moment of that the piece comes from is just really powerful.

The cool thing is I got my Yoda/Dooku Dark Rendezvous Clone Wars Novel today in the mail to go with this piece. :rock

Awesome!

I like the look of the painted one but I'm still glad that I went with the faux bronze exclusive. I'll definitely look to try and pick up one of the regulars down the road.

Awesome!

I like the look of the painted one but I'm still glad that I went with the faux bronze exclusive. I'll definitely look to try and pick up one of the regulars down the road.

The bronze looks good but it just doesn't fit in with the rest of my collection.

Thnx! Its really a great piece. One thing I like is how Yoda has a pin in his leg that fits into the cape on Dooku.

Sideshows site has the measurements at 10 1/2" high. Is the actual statue a little bit taller or is it 10 1/2" high?

Wow, those are great sculpts. That Yoda is the best I've seen. Looks just like the CGI model.

You must sculpt 1/6 Yoda.

Thanks but I don't have a place in the house where I can get all the right lighting I need. So the flash must be used. I try to open the room up as much as I can to limit its effect.

Another wonderful diorama by sideshow. When I get more room, I am definitely picking this line up, as long as sideshow makes companion pieces to the OT as well.

I don't doubt that they will-- in fact now that the three PT movies have been represented with pivotal versus moments I don't doubt that the next few diorama vs. announcements will be Luke vs. Vader on Bespin from ESB and Luke vs. Vader with Emperor looking on from ROTJ... My only wonder is will the Obi vs. Vader from ANh be offered as the two PF already capture that moment--of course a little bit larger, but still.:D

Back