Yoda vs Dooku

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thanks for that last picture... now I know for sure I will never have room for Obi/Anakin. That sucker is huge.

Finally got mine tonight. 177/1500.

IMG_1586.jpg

Great pics Grond, however, sorry to nitpick, yoda's saber should be above dooku's ;)

Great pics Grond, however, sorry to nitpick, yoda's saber should be above dooku's ;)

Doh! I was so excited to get this out of the box and take pics that I totally screwed that up.

I have yet to put the piece in it's display spot so it will be changed. Thanks for the heads up.

Now I am embarrassed.

I finally had time to open mine up today. It's really awesome and I think it looks really nice with the Ani vs. Obi. I can't wait for DotF to go with them. I have one little problem with it though, Yoda's hand seems to come out easily. The same is true with Anakin's. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make sure they are in there more securely, yet without gluing it so I can take it out if I need to box them up for some reason?

I finally had time to open mine up today. It's really awesome and I think it looks really nice with the Ani vs. Obi. I can't wait for DotF to go with them. I have one little problem with it though, Yoda's hand seems to come out easily. The same is true with Anakin's. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make sure they are in there more securely, yet without gluing it so I can take it out if I need to box them up for some reason?

I like using knick-knack tacky stuff...I don't know whether or not it can hurt a collectible, it might, but I've never had trouble. you can find the stuff just about anywhere, I think. I'm not sure what it's actual name is, though.

it's not extremely tacky, it peels right off, but it is usually just enough to hold something in place. It's held my Jabba the Hutt's glass of coca cola :))) in hand for over a year. (in the hand that can't hold anything)

Trev

I love mine. Very well done!!! I've bought every SW diorama and I think this is the best one so far. Looking forward to more of these. Duel of Fates is next and I've got in pre-ordered. I'd like to see the duel between Yoda and Palpatine in ROTS and one with Anakin, Mace Windu and the Emperor right before Anakin does his deed. Another one that would be great is to make one of Darth when he tells Luke "No, I am your father." You could make this one where you hang it on the wall and it protrudes out, would be awesome!!! How about the battle screen on Hoth??

The only thing that seems weird to me about the color version is Dooku's costume. I haven't watched AOTC in a while but I'm sure its accurate but it just looks too much like a black spandex body suit.

I got my Dooku vs Yoda dio today and I love it. Unfortunately, it seems there is an unpainted brown area just where the nose meets the eyes. It is unnoticeable unless you are really close to Yoda´s face, so I am not sure if it is really a painting mistake or not. Does anyone´s Yoda look like mine?

DCAM5771.jpg

DCAM5774.jpg

DCAM5775.jpg

I got this from BBTS for $105 because one of the rocks on the base had broken off (it was VERY simple to fix with some super glue, and you can't tell at all). It's a pretty nice piece. Something about the base seems a little too simple somehow, but the likenesses are very good.

dio_yoda_vs_dooku1.jpg

dio_yoda_vs_dooku2.jpg

dio_yoda_vs_dooku3.jpg

I have had my eye on this dio for a while. Any chance Sideshow will make it gift card eligible?

Hope no one minds me bringing this old thread up again. When I was dusting my Yoda vs. Dooku I noticed Dooku's lightsaber seems like it may be getting a little loose. It appears that the transition from pastic to poly (the emitter of the saber's hilt to Dooku's fists) is pretty small.

I was thinking about putting a little drop of superglue there to give it a bit more strength. Anyone have any advice? I'm getting ready to move and I don't want it to break completely. I'm afraid it may be too small to reglue it. I broke off one of the tusks on Vader and it was too small to reglue it.

Hope no one minds me bringing this old thread up again. When I was dusting my Yoda vs. Dooku I noticed Dooku's lightsaber seems like it may be getting a little loose. It appears that the transition from pastic to poly (the emitter of the saber's hilt to Dooku's fists) is pretty small.

I was thinking about putting a little drop of superglue there to give it a bit more strength. Anyone have any advice? I'm getting ready to move and I don't want it to break completely. I'm afraid it may be too small to reglue it. I broke off one of the tusks on Vader and it was too small to reglue it.

Too small to reglue? What do you mean?

Also, this piece is already 2 years old? :horror Time flies when you're fighting to keep a job every day.

I mean that there isn't enough surface area for it to bond. Or maybe if I had steadier hands and could hold it still it would. Mostly I'm more concerned about preventing any breakage.

Back