Yoda Bust is Coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not likely with the eyes, there wouldn't be any logic to photoshopping the eyes, that should be how they actually are, Maul's eyes were much simpler from proto to production, but honestly, unless you get really up close with him, you can't tell and the gloss catches light real well and it really makes you feel like he's right there with you living and breathing, and I have a feeling seeing Yoda in non-photo studio lighting will have him looking just as life-like and breathtaking.

thanks for the enlightened message.

I'll just wait and see. This is probably the nicest item I've bought in my full 12 months of buying.

It deserves a nice spot somewhere in the home theatre room

I would deffinately give it a chance Socko, I have several larger scale pieces from Sideshow and the paint is phenominal, Yoda's skin looks great even in these phots, it'll blow you away in person for sure, and like I said, with the right lighting and distance from the piece, you probably won't be bothered by the eyes, even the prototype eyes would be wasted in most cases, from a distance they'd just look dark, you wouldn't see the detail put in them.

MaulFan said:
I would deffinately give it a chance Socko, I have several larger scale pieces from Sideshow and the paint is phenominal, Yoda's skin looks great even in these phots, it'll blow you away in person for sure, and like I said, with the right lighting and distance from the piece, you probably won't be bothered by the eyes, even the prototype eyes would be wasted in most cases, from a distance they'd just look dark, you wouldn't see the detail put in them.

I agree that some gloss has been lost in the production, but the actual eye color is improved. As you said, having the Maul bust the eyes are just about perfect in person - they could be a touch more liquid looking, but you wouldn't want a crying Maul now would you?!

Here is a pic of mine:

DarthMaulBust015.jpg

WHAT THE HE77 - WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE EYES!!!! They WERE perfect!

And you WILL notice them - I saw the prototype in SDCC and the FIRST THING you notice is the EYES!

:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Well at least you guys have learned not to freak out over $hitty pics posted by SS :rolleyes:

How many times does this need to happen before you guys learn? I swear I've worked with smarter rodents.

Based on the production images, I think it's safe to say TF 07 showed the production Yoda, and looking at this image, I don't forsee being bothered at all with this piece.

IMG_5013.JPG

Image from Rebelscum Toy Fair 07 coverage.

MaulFan said:
Based on the production images, I think it's safe to say TF 07 showed the production Yoda, and looking at this image, I don't forsee being bothered at all with this piece.

IMG_5013.JPG

Image from Rebelscum Toy Fair 07 coverage.

I will be more than happy to have this bad boy presiding over my collection.

MaulFan said:
Loki, will this be your first 1:1 Star Wars bust?

No, I have Maul. It's one of the crown jewels in my collection. It certainly gets the most attention. These will almost certainly be the only 2 that I ever get though. Just no more room for life-size busts.

Darth Loki said:
No, I have Maul. It's one of the crown jewels in my collection. It certainly gets the most attention. These will almost certainly be the only 2 that I ever get though. Just no more room for life-size busts.

Would you pass on a deformed Palpatine?

My plan one day is to have an entertainment room with the Maul FX saber lit up in front of the 1:1 bust almost as if he were holding it, I think that would be killer, not sure what I'll do with Yoda, perhpas a Dagobah painted backdrop.

MaulFan said:
My plan one day is to have an entertainment room with the Maul FX saber lit up in front of the 1:1 bust almost as if he were holding it, I think that would be killer, not sure what I'll do with Yoda, perhpas a Dagobah painted backdrop.

Aren't they coming out with a Yoda FX saber as well?

MaulFan said:
Would you pass on a deformed Palpatine?

I think I would have to. The only other bust I could feasibly consider would be Shaak Ti and that will never happen. My big cabinet fits two busts perfectly and these are the two. I can't think of two other characters that I'd want. I have the OT and PT covered, Sith and Jedi.

tomandshell said:
Aren't they coming out with a Yoda FX saber as well?

Yes, I had thought about that, but a saber would look out of place with this piece I think, the design, the pose, it's ESB Yoda all the way, but who knows, by the time I get a house of my own to build my dream room, someone is bound to release something that'll make me go "That's perfect for my Yoda bust!"

Darth Loki said:
I think I would have to. The only other bust I could feasibly consider would be Shaak Ti and that will never happen. My big cabinet fits two busts perfectly and these are the two. I can't think of two other characters that I'd want. I have the OT and PT covered, Sith and Jedi.

Shaak would certainly be a large piece. I'm crossing fingers for a ROTJ Palpatine and I'd really love Grievous, say what you want about him as a character, but as a visual, I think he's really cool looking and the detail that would show in his eye sockets with the alien skin and the mucus around his eye lids and all, I think it would be an amazing sight and very well crafted.

MaulFan said:
Shaak would certainly be a large piece. I'm crossing fingers for a ROTJ Palpatine and I'd really love Grievous, say what you want about him as a character, but as a visual, I think he's really cool looking and the detail that would show in his eye sockets with the alien skin and the mucus around his eye lids and all, I think it would be an amazing sight and very well crafted.

Grievous would be very tempting to me as well. I love the character, just sad because of what Lucas did to him in ROTS. But I seriously doubt they'd do a bust of him considering they still have the PF in stock.

Darth Loki said:
Grievous would be very tempting to me as well. I love the character, just sad because of what Lucas did to him in ROTS. But I seriously doubt they'd do a bust of him considering they still have the PF in stock.

Tough to say though, I think with the Grievous PF, many look to eBay and secondary for cheaper deals on the regular edition, could be that Sideshow is overstocked on that version at least. I know personally, I would only want the Grievous PF with cape.

Oh well, dreams I guess, but in a few weeks, a dream realized will be shipping to us :)

Back