Yiippeee!!!. Got Nick And Death Eater Today!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MayorOfMichelDelving

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I had them both reserved by my local retailer and i picked them both up today!:chew .
They are both even better than i had expected. Especially the Death Eater (that is one gruesome chap!) though Nearly Headless Nick is awesome too!.
The Death Eater comes in what is by far the biggest box so far for the Harry Potter line. The box measures about 13 1/2 inches tall.
I have put up some pics of them together with the rest of my HP family.
Hope you like them.

DSCF2302.jpg

DSCF2304.jpg

Last edited:
They are in stock at my retailer but I don't have time to pick them up:eek: (1,5 hour drive)

Ow and congrats on the purchase

nice!!! if you have not gotten the Malfoy yet, i suggest getting it now before they become more scarce to find. Not many on ebay :google

I'm buying extra Deatheaters to go with Voldemort, sort of like Vader and the Stormtroopers.

NASEDO said:
I'm buying extra Deatheaters to go with Voldemort, sort of like Vader and the Stormtroopers.

I also was thinking about that. Mayby at a con when there lower priced.

Here is an update for the Death Eater bust that you can see in my pics.
I was sure that there was something wrong with the wand after taking the pics (didn't register the prob at first as i was too excited about getting Nick and said Death Eater).
Anyway after looking closely at the underside of the wand hand you can see the bottom of the wand and it is at a certain angle (CIRCLED)which means that the wand should be coming out as i have shown in the following pic but instead it it practically upright!. (Sorry about the primitive paintshop job. Hope you can see it ok).
It definitely hasn't been broken and stuck back on. It has just been made that way.
CopyofDSCF2305.jpg

Anyway i took it back this morning to where i bought and the guy was quite happy to swap it over for another one. I was lucky as he only had one more left in the shop which i was glad for as he wouldn't refund my money as the bust wasn't damaged.
Luckily the wand is at a bit of a better angle but nowhere near where it should be and yet again it was just how it had been made. The guy told me that all the ones that he had been delivered were like it.
I was just wondering if there are any more out there with upright wands and maybe they have all been really badly made or has anyone got a Death Eater with the wand where it should be and my shop was just extremely unlucky with the ones that they got.

Did you try to manipulate the wand at all?

Reason being that Lucius' wand was stuck at a right angle when I got him out of the packaging and I simply tweaked it into the correct position.

Try it and see.

My Lucius had to be tweeked as well. I'm so bitter right now. I want my busts.

I love these threads someone asked me quite awhile ago which product I thought they should pick up and will be popular. I said get the Gentle Giant Harry Potter busts and they scoffed at me. I think is probably the best line of mini busts as far as likeness are concerned that has ever been put out. Now its looking like the LOTR giftboxes are probably going to take that place since the Viggo is dead on.

abstractharmony said:
Did you try to manipulate the wand at all?

Reason being that Lucius' wand was stuck at a right angle when I got him out of the packaging and I simply tweaked it into the correct position.

Try it and see.

I didn't dare with the first one. As you can see from the pic....from where the wand is to where i would of had to bend it to was just to much of a risk to take.
The guy at the shop even advised me against this.
My replacement bust is a bit better and the angle is not too bad so i might just leave it as it is.
If i did decide to do it,is it quite plyable and easy to bend?.

Darth Loki said:
My Lucius had to be tweeked as well. I'm so bitter right now. I want my busts.

Good on you Darth Loki and Abstractharmony for getting the Lucius Malfoy bust!.
You lucky couple of @*&!!!~#!:D
I missed out on the chance to get one on ebay the other day by the only seller i have seen from the UK to have one. It sold for £99.95 (around $188).
I was absolutely gutted!!.:monkey2

jimmyjamesf said:
I love these threads someone asked me quite awhile ago which product I thought they should pick up and will be popular. I said get the Gentle Giant Harry Potter busts and they scoffed at me. I think is probably the best line of mini busts as far as likeness are concerned that has ever been put out. Now its looking like the LOTR giftboxes are probably going to take that place since the Viggo is dead on.

Too right jimmyjamesf!. The GG Harry Potter line IS superb and the likenesses are spot on!.
I am sooooo glad that i have them all so far as i am sure they are going to get even more scarce and hard to find as the line goes along.
When i swapped my Death Eater bust over this morning i had to have the one that was in the window as it was the only other one the shop had left!.
And even though the one i gave back to the guy had the wonky wand he said he would still be able to sell it quickly as the bust was extremely hard to get hold of.

It's nice to see this line gaining in popularity. I was on the fence about this line for a long time but had the chance to get everyone but Harry all at once and pounced. I'm so glad I did. This was just a few months ago and Harry has already doubled in price. And I was lucky enough to get a Lucius, thanks to a fellow board member. Every piece so far has been very impressive and the future releases seem to be even better, if that's possible.

Darth Loki said:
It's nice to see this line gaining in popularity. I was on the fence about this line for a long time but had the chance to get everyone but Harry all at once and pounced. I'm so glad I did. This was just a few months ago and Harry has already doubled in price. And I was lucky enough to get a Lucius, thanks to a fellow board member. Every piece so far has been very impressive and the future releases seem to be even better, if that's possible.

I suppose that it's a bit of a double edged sword.
On one hand it's good that the line is gaining popularity as anyone who loves these busts and HP in general wants as many people as possible to love them too but on the other hand it means that as each bust comes out they are selling much quicker and getting harder to buy.
A few months back you could get Harry anytime you wanted on ebay (where i got mine) but now because it seems like most people are seeing just how good these busts are and snapping them up that seems almost impossible unless you are prepared to pay big for him.
Also i suppose that the more popular this line is the more characters we shall see which can only be a good thing!.

Ok so - no movement on the wand - tried it already.

Maybe however that the wand is meant to be an angled one like Krum's wand. Either way it's good enough to leave as is.

Man! They all look amazing together. Had to shift some Weta busts out of my detolf to start a new shelf. Hogwarts on the top. Death Eaters and Dementors on the bottom. Come December I'll be shifting Severus down to join his Death Eating chums so I can fit Ron and Hermione on the top shelf.

I was very lucky in that as a huge Potterhead I got Harry & Sirius on first release but there's a Harry on 'The Bay' at the moment and the seller is wanting $200.00 for him!!!!!!!!

Madness...

In a few months, $200 might not seem so bad. I mean one just went for $150.

And it is cool that this line is picking up since I have all of them already. But honestly the only one's you need to pay more than retail for are Harry and Sirius.

Back