Yavin Luke image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yah. I'm counting down the days where I can finally send Hasbro's cross-eyed Chewie to Puppy Lake.

And I TOO had spent like 20 minutes on swapping out each hand. Three times I was thinking "I'm 28... what the hell am I doing???"

Some have griped that Yavin Luke is like a Hasbro toy on sideshow body. You couldn't be further from the truth. THIS is a hasbro sculpt.

03.jpg

NOW THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS THAT SIDESHOW DOESN'T SUCK THAT BAD!

:)

pixletwin said:

WHAT HAVE Y'ALL BEEN SMOKING????!!!!!​

See, at least someone else likes this figure... and the more I have him the less the flaws bother me. He's a good figure.

But like Jedibear said, the hands on this one really are a biatch to switch. I don't know why since they are the same materials and peg... but I nearly broke the peg switching to the gun hand. I'd definitely suggest warming them with water or a hair dryer when making exchanges!

Just to address the Sideshow Vs Hasbro sentiments... does anyone have the Hasbro 12" Yavin Luke in their collection? It might be a good idea to share some images... the only one I could find online was a bad eBay shot.

Coheteboy said:
Haha yah. I'm counting down the days where I can finally send Hasbro's cross-eyed Chewie to Puppy Lake.

And I TOO had spent like 20 minutes on swapping out each hand. Three times I was thinking "I'm 28... what the hell am I doing???"

Some have griped that Yavin Luke is like a Hasbro toy on sideshow body. You couldn't be further from the truth. THIS is a hasbro sculpt.

03.jpg

NOW THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS THAT SIDESHOW DOESN'T SUCK THAT BAD!

:)

3 3/4" figures don't count when comparing to 1:6 scale sculpts. You guys are in such denial that you have to rationalize it by comparing them to 3 3/4" action figures. Face it, Ceremonial Luke is the worst 1:6 SSC $tar War$ figure yet and I didn't even have to dig out the old Hasblo sculpt to figure that out.

im not diggin this 1/6 luke either. in no way does that look good, from clothing to sculpt, to paint. go fanboys.:rock:rock

Aw hell, let's just all join in the $tar War$ circle-jerk and give each other warm fuzzies about how everything $tar War$ is wonderful and perfect since there's no room for error or criticism to the contrary. You guys are right, that looks just like Hamill and I am so happy with this figure that he is the pride of my collection and I will display him proudly for all to see.

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

dekadentdave said:
Aw hell, let's just all join in the $tar War$ circle-jerk and give each other warm fuzzies about how everything $tar War$ is wonderful and perfect since there's no room for error or criticism to the contrary. You guys are right, that looks just like Hamill and I am so happy with this figure that he is the pride of my collection and I will display him proudly for all to see.

Give me a break. :rolleyes:
I was referring to the "go fanboys :rock :rock"

It's fine not to like it, but there's no reason to insult those who do.

pixletwin said:
I always thought it was a bit of a racist thing that Chewie didn't get a medal.. Glad to see he gets some justice in C-boy's world. :lol :lol :lol

MTV honored him with lifetime achievement once and finally gave him his medal, but apparently, only the guy that pulled the trigger gets the award.

jedibear said:
You asked for it...

520364315_2b8b8545aa_o.jpg

Yikes...I take back any negative thing I said about the Sideshow version...he's light years ahead of "Moose" Skywalker...

Now that puts things in perspective. Although Hasbro Luke does come with a saber hilt on his belt. Hmmm, I think I'll take the Hasbro one.:D

dekadentdave said:
Like I said, marginally better than Hasblo's.

Now who's in denial... not sure what your over-the-top hatred of this figure is about but its pretty funny. I can't believe anyone would look at the above picture and still claim that its marginal improvement :rolleyes:

I think the big problem is with these pictures that people are posting..It is not in natural lighting. When you use bright lights or flash, it will wash out the subject like in real photography. This has occurred on all the sideshow figs, the look better in more natural light.

He is not perfect, but i am pretty damn happy with him. BTW I almost broke my jabba and throne twice yesterday trying to move him from my living room (which my wife is happy is now gone) to the top of my bookshelf in my toy room (which i was scared it was going to break it), to my computer desk (which it resides till I can find a better place)

Some of the shots are outdoors and some are in... I have a mixture in the pictures I took. And that holds for pictures others took.

galactiboy said:
Now who's in denial... not sure what your over-the-top hatred of this figure is about but its pretty funny. I can't believe anyone would look at the above picture and still claim that its marginal improvement :rolleyes:

Dude, both of those figures LOOK NOTHING LIKE LUKE!!!! They both suck! The SS one may have better articulation and clothing materials but the headsculpt still looks nothing more like Hamill than the Hasblo one which looks like a Ken doll. At least I can realistically accept the fact that this is the level of quality for this line. Mine should arrive any minute now and he's going directly to ebay.

Sorry bro, but just because you type in bold doesn't make it so.

The Sideshow sculpt does look like Hamill... if you popped off the head and showed it to people familiar with SW they would get it right. I don't think the same can be said for the Hasbro, or at least they wouldn't be as supportive.

I wish you luck in your eBaying.

galactiboy said:

I gotta agree with G-boy Dave, me thinks mayhap you are wearing poop-colored glasses... Granted, its prolly georgie-poop, but poop none the less.

The pics really do not do him justice. He looks great next all my figures. I like him alot. :cool:

galactiboy said:
Sorry bro, but just because you type in bold doesn't make it so.

The Sideshow sculpt does look like Hamill... if you popped off the head and showed it to people familiar with SW they would get it right. I don't think the same can be said for the Hasbro, or at least they wouldn't be as supportive.

I wish you luck in your eBaying.

Let's see, who is the one in denial again? :lol

THAT ain't Hamill and NO WAY will I have that abomination in my collection. I am sorely disappointed with this line. The aliens look fantastic but the humans look like cartoon charicatures. When I heard SS got the license to do 1:6 from Hasbro I was ecstatic, now my expectations have been considerably lowered. I was depressed when I got Bespin Han last year and now I'm just pissed off. I have better things like Hot Toys to spend my money on than a premium Hasbro cartoon figure.

I think Pix is right about the poopy glasses.

But thats cool, buy more Hot Toys figures... although odd you're not pissedd about having to repaint or buy new heads for figures that cost more. But I guess we all have our own denials :rotfl

Back