[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving the new head work!

Absolutely can't wait for this statue. My 1st XM piece, one of my favorite characters and an all around amazing sculpt. My excitement is through the roof!

The only thing that would bring my excitement down is light up, unless they come up with removable lights that can be replaced. Lights might look cool but once the lights eventually fail the value of the piece drops because it's then in the category of "doesn't work". Test that out on the forums or eBay and see what it gets you. Value is usually secondary to me, my main interest is having the characters I love, but XM is a bit pricey so I'd like it to retain its value. I'd rather no lights with this already amazing piece.

:goodpost:I'm with you Peedi. I would absolutely prefer not light up. Iv had to resale light up pieces before and it was a nightmare. Your exactly right. If the light no longer works, the community punishes you. If the item arrives and doesn't light your basically "evil" and treated very poorly. Even if XM comes up with a way for replacement bulbs and I'm not jumping with excitement because there is no telling how long XM will be around. How long will parts be available. Even if you can replace the bulb there is no plenty of other issues that can go wrong with the circuitry or how about leaving the batteries in to long without turning it on. :dunno

Anyway, don't want to sound like a broken record here, just I been burnt several times as a buyer and seller by "light up" features

:goodpost:I'm with you Peedi. I would absolutely prefer not light up. Iv had to resale light up pieces before and it was a nightmare. Your exactly right. If the light no longer works, the community punishes you. If the item arrives and doesn't light your basically "evil" and treated very poorly. Even if XM comes up with a way for replacement bulbs and I'm not jumping with excitement because there is no telling how long XM will be around. How long will parts be available. Even if you can replace the bulb there is no plenty of other issues that can go wrong with the circuitry or how about leaving the batteries in to long without turning it on. :dunno

Anyway, don't want to sound like a broken record here, just I been burnt several times as a buyer and seller by "light up" features

Let's just wait if they will add a light-up. Let us see how they would incorporate it, I think a light-up would take the statue over the top.

:exactly:

I was just saying this the other day. Even if the lights are replaceable, if there's any circuitry issues you're still screwed.

Let's just wait if they will add a light-up. Let us see how they would incorporate it, I think a light-up would take the statue over the top.

Might look cool but for all the additional issues nemenforcer mentioned, it isn't worth. Some last longer than others but you WILL have to deal with it not working sooner or later. There's already non working Green Lanterns and they aren't that old yet.

Either way it doesn't matter. The lights are a speculation right now but XM already gave their official word, that if the lights aren't fully replaceable (baring wiring) they won't be included.

I dunno, they seem to have some extra tricks up their sleeve on Phoenix. A base lightup wouldn't be that hard. If you've ever seen the commander cody legendary scale bust, something similar would be easy to pull off with a replaceable bulb. You would basically have a bulb on the base and the translucent phoenix would just slot over it. I think that would be just amazing. But I think they could do some other stuff that is equally awesome to spice this up some more.

I'd rather have a solid phoenix than a hollow one so I'd definitely skip the light up in favor of them including the 3rd head sculpt. :)

My issue with the potential light up feature isn't worries about this functionality but that it would require a translucent Phoenix bird which I have a hard time imagining will look as cool when not lit up as a fully painted one would.

1471791_1460190380868323_5592781450736924018_n.jpg

10624686_1460190400868321_6923179796161659328_n.jpg

I think it has already been determined that the bird will be painted translucent material as seen in these pictures. Unless something has changed.

That bird is insane, I had forgot what it looked like. :lol

Part of me regrets passing on this, but then again I have no attachment to the character and she'd stick out like a sore thumb in my collection unless I totally 180'd it's direction. :lol

Really looking forward to see the final production of this statue, it's certainly a jaw dropper. :lecture

Cannot wait for this sexiness. Forgot what the base looked like too! Now for Daredevil!

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

They're still experimenting with various ideas. These pics are still prototypes. Anything can happen. ;)

I have faith whatever they finally decide with will be awesome but with this scheduled for Q2 and 999 of these to print and paint they might want to move past prototype and pick a final version soon...

Delay it till the end of the year for all I care as long as they don't leave anything in the tank for it to be as awesome as it can.

Back