[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New hair looks great. You'll probably get the original too so I wouldn't worry. Forget the light up gimmick, more trouble than it's worth.

I dunno, they seem to have some extra tricks up their sleeve on Phoenix. A base lightup wouldn't be that hard. If you've ever seen the commander cody legendary scale bust, something similar would be easy to pull off with a replaceable bulb. You would basically have a bulb on the base and the translucent phoenix would just slot over it. I think that would be just amazing. But I think they could do some other stuff that is equally awesome to spice this up some more.

Has anyone else's tapatalk app gone crazy this morning? I'm getting notifications whenever anyone posts, even though my setting say I shouldn't be...

Ok let me see if I got this straight:

-They old angry face is now with the new, blowing up hairstyle
-The new artgerm face is put with the old backwards flowing hairstyle

I was having a tough time figuring it out from pictures, but does this sound right? Any other changes I'm not noticing?

Ok let me see if I got this straight:

-They old angry face is now with the new, blowing up hairstyle
-The new artgerm face is put with the old backwards flowing hairstyle

I was having a tough time figuring it out from pictures, but does this sound right? Any other changes I'm not noticing?

I'm actually not sure if art germs head has the same hair? Could be...I haven't compared. I would love all 3 heads included.

I dunno, they seem to have some extra tricks up their sleeve on Phoenix. A base lightup wouldn't be that hard. If you've ever seen the commander cody legendary scale bust, something similar would be easy to pull off with a replaceable bulb. You would basically have a bulb on the base and the translucent phoenix would just slot over it. I think that would be just amazing. But I think they could do some other stuff that is equally awesome to spice this up some more.

I'm sure it'd look neat. Still, you may run into faulty wiring which can't be solved by swapping out a bulb. Then what? :dunno

I don't think the hair on the Artgerm is the same as the hair on the original sculpt. The hair on the original flows to the left (as you're looking at it). The hair on the new sculpt turns and flows mainly to the right.

They're twice the price of PFs my friend. I'm fresh with all this statue collecting stuff, but I don't understand why these would be so expensive. Surely there's a reason for it.

Well the most expensive pieces so far are about 800-900 sgd or around $700. That's before shipping. That's the kicker. If you live in Asia, buying an XM piece is pretty much the same as an SSC piece after shipping and customs. But quality wise, they are king right now and the amount of add ons is insane. We're not talking about one swap out head that is the same face with shorter hair. Plus the HUGE attention to QC, customer opinion, and customer service is remarkable. Even for us US collectors, they bend over backwards to make something right. Yes, it's expensive but for what you get, well worth it. Honestly you go into any XM thread and they are OVERWHELMINGLY positive. Can you say the same about SSC recently? SSC still does quality pieces and is cheaper but they are ridiculously inconsistent with their quality and their prices and ES continue to rise. I just find myself more willing to drop 2-3 SSC POs in exchange for 1 XM PO.

They're twice the price of PFs my friend. I'm fresh with all this statue collecting stuff, but I don't understand why these would be so expensive. Surely there's a reason for it.

PFs? You're comparing apples and oranges my friend.

Well the most expensive pieces so far are about 800-900 sgd or around $700. That's before shipping. That's the kicker. If you live in Asia, buying an XM piece is pretty much the same as an SSC piece after shipping and customs. But quality wise, they are king right now and the amount of add ons is insane. We're not talking about one swap out head that is the same face with shorter hair. Plus the HUGE attention to QC, customer opinion, and customer service is remarkable. Even for us US collectors, they bend over backwards to make something right. Yes, it's expensive but for what you get, well worth it.

:goodpost: Don't forget top of the line paint apps, fully sculpted statues (not slush casted, hollow pinata 'figures'), and delivery of prototype-level or better production pieces.

Well the most expensive pieces so far are about 800-900 sgd or around $700. That's before shipping. That's the kicker. If you live in Asia, buying an XM piece is pretty much the same as an SSC piece after shipping and customs. But quality wise, they are king right now and the amount of add ons is insane. We're not talking about one swap out head that is the same face with shorter hair. Plus the HUGE attention to QC, customer opinion, and customer service is remarkable. Even for us US collectors, they bend over backwards to make something right. Yes, it's expensive but for what you get, well worth it.

Well said!

Loving the new head work!

Absolutely can't wait for this statue. My 1st XM piece, one of my favorite characters and an all around amazing sculpt. My excitement is through the roof!

The only thing that would bring my excitement down is light up, unless they come up with removable lights that can be replaced. Lights might look cool but once the lights eventually fail the value of the piece drops because it's then in the category of "doesn't work". Test that out on the forums or eBay and see what it gets you. Value is usually secondary to me, my main interest is having the characters I love, but XM is a bit pricey so I'd like it to retain its value. I'd rather no lights with this already amazing piece.

XM has said they will only do lights if they are replaceable.
Is Black Widow's street lamp replaceable?

XM has said they will only do lights if they are replaceable.
Is Black Widow's street lamp replaceable?

I know. And as far as I know that's why BW has light up, because it is replaceable. But I didn't order BW so I'm not as up to date on her info like I actively look for anything about this Phoenix.

Back