[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky!!:hi5: welcome to the club of the second head sculpt waitlist

:exactly:

I did say previously that this piece didn't need it, and it doesn't, but I'm all for new added ideas and features. Anything they come up with would be awesome so long as they maintain the integrity of the sculpt and paint as what was shown for pre-order, which I'm sure they will. Very exciting!!! :rock

Congrats man! I felt the same way once I was able to secure Magneto along with Phoenix and a bunch of other XM pieces. It's exhilarating!

Thanks guys, now I'm even more excited knowing there is a second head

Thanks guys, now I'm even more excited knowing there is a second head
Haha well frostlord the reason i said welcome to the WL of second head was because it was a long wait but 1day after your post its on FB you lucky man go check it out! :)

I like this one more than the old one, will def use this one for display. Moreover, good to know they are tweaking the old head.

I know right, you know I always loved cm moore aspen because of the hair style being one of my favorites and nie XM gives my favorite hairstyle to my favorite x-girl I was out of control when I woke up:panic::yess:

10897746_1494705217416839_3256859022252149799_n_zps51242748.jpg
10940579_1494705194083508_5898813215776273112_n_zpsac5ce78e.jpg
1898841_1494705227416838_1609471529871386706_o_zps9e9e0133.jpg

10896873_1494705260750168_988561843515951782_n_zps8b0522fd.jpg
1974412_1494705300750164_7688578347286698012_o_zpsd62ccd53.jpg

I really love the look of both of these head sculpts, but I can see there being some push back as the headsculpt with the biggest changes is the one that was used for the PO. There are going to be guys/gals who as for the PO headsculpt to be included, and they wouldn't necessarily be wrong in asking for it as THAT is the heasculpt they ordered.

Spidey, we went through that when they changed the Magneto helmet...I don't see too much whining about that since the production piece was revealed.

If there is one thing we've learned, XM doesn't change things for the worse. Phoenix will be amazing.

Spidey, we went through that when they changed the Magneto helmet...I don't see too much whining about that since the production piece was revealed.

If there is one thing we've learned, XM doesn't change things for the worse. Phoenix will be amazing.

Oh I agree I think these will look amazing when painted up. However, I will disagree with your comparison with Magneto ONLY so far as to say that the change of hair with the Pheoniz is FAR more drastic that what they did with Magneto. I like it better mind you, but this kind of change may get a blow back. People don't like ordering one thing and getting another. SSCs production piece changes have proven that.

Last edited:
I admit I do love the new heads, but I might be one of those that has gotten used to the original head and is sad to be losing it. I kinda get this Medusa feel from the redesigned angry sculpt. Snakes sticking up in the air.

I love it. Why is XM so good to us.

Because they appreciate their customers and don't take them for granted. Once a company's become too big for their britches, they think they know all the answers and do whatever they want. I hope XM can keep this vibe with their customer going because there's no doubt that XM is going to keep growing and become more successful. If money wasn't tight for me, I'd be picking up ALL the characters I like from XM because I'd like nothing more than to give as much support as I can to a company that does business the way they do. It absolutely KILLED me to pass on Phoenix given my love for the Byrne era X-MEN. But, that's life. Still pulling for XM and will toss money their way whenever I can. I have Mags and Thanos ordered and I'm really looking forward to adding those magnificent pieces to my collection.

I admit I do love the new heads, but I might be one of those that has gotten used to the original head and is sad to be losing it. I kinda get this Medusa feel from the redesigned angry sculpt. Snakes sticking up in the air.

Who knows? With XM, you might get all the head sculpts. Nothing is too far fetched when it comes to XM. They have more than proved they are willing to go the extra mile for their customers. I would say to wait until the new head sculpt is painted up before drawing any conclusions on it. Once they add paint, that Medusa feel may disappear for you.

Who knows? With XM, you might get all the head sculpts. Nothing is too far fetched when it comes to XM. They have more than proved they are willing to go the extra mile for their customers. I would say to wait until the new head sculpt is painted up before drawing any conclusions on it. Once they add paint, that Medusa feel may disappear for you.

You could be right. I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it or make waves. It's not worse for me, just different.

I wouldn't be shocked to see 3 head sculpts but certainly not necessary. The new heads look amazing so far. I hope they do something a little extra like swap out arms or perhaps a light up base? If that phoenix behind her was transparent and had a light up feature...wowzas!!!

New hair looks great. You'll probably get the original too so I wouldn't worry. Forget the light up gimmick, more trouble than it's worth.

I wouldn't be shocked to see 3 head sculpts but certainly not necessary. The new heads look amazing so far. I hope they do something a little extra like swap out arms or perhaps a light up base? If that phoenix behind her was transparent and had a light up feature...wowzas!!!
Dude I came in here to post those pics amd realized i was 6 hours too late. I was reading through all the comments and was thinking the same thing, i wouldnt be surprised AT ALL if we get all 3 headsculpts, XM does that, they just make awesome things that much more awesome :)
It'd be cool of there was a swap out hand with light up energy projection or something. I would love to see XM do energy projection, their take on it would probably be new and innovative as opposed to the same stuff we get from everyone else.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back