[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I found the custom portrait I was looking for. I had a HUGE assist and helping hand from NorthernLad. Thanks a bunch buddy. And finally, thanks to lewisnfro86 for hooking me up with the portrait. It's off to my painter now and then back to me when it's done. I'm thrilled to have THE 1/4 Phoenix statue I want for my collection. For me, she'll look perfect when that custom portrait arrives. I've waited a long time to add a 1/4 Phoenix to my collection. It was so worth the wait.

Awesome, I'm glad it all worked out! I'm excited for you.

Trust me, I have this with the custom head, and you are 100% right - it takes the statue to an entirely new level. Here is mine.

5neDELA.jpg

GgbMfvv.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, I'm glad it all worked out! I'm excited for you.

Trust me, I have this with the custom head, and you are 100% right - it takes the statue to an entirely new level. Here is mine.

5neDELA.jpg

GgbMfvv.jpg

Thanks! I agree that this portrait absolutely takes the statue to the next level. I loved everything about this piece but the portraits that came with it ( I do think they look better in hand now that I actually have them). When the green PF got released by sideshow, I didn't like that it was released without the EX Jean portrait on the Dark Phoenix PF (I think the EX Jean portrait fits the green PF way better than the one sideshow released) . I also didn't care for the flaming eagle or the disk base it was mounted on.

In the end, my choice was easy once the custom portrait came out. IMO, everything about the XM Phoenix is much better than the green PF but the portraits. I gave serious thought to just repainting a EX Dark Phoenix PF to a green Phoenix. However, I would've regretted doing that. The overall presence of the XM Phoenix is mind blowing to me. Her body looks stunning and I have no words to adequately describe how phenomenal the flaming eagle looks on the statue. It's just that good and way better than what sideshow gave us. That custom portrait was a game changer. I love it and it provides the perfect finishing touch to the statue for me personally. Now I have exactly what I want with no regrets. Thanks again for helping me make that happen.

Last edited:
Back