Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my hands on my nephews system yesterday. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I like Sony's controller better.

I got to play Forza (only game he had). I really wish I had the system and game. I will say the load times were driving me nuts. Why the hell does it take SOOOOO long to load a race? The game itself is stunning. Didn't have time to mess with the system that much.

All in all I still want the system and can't wait to spend more time with Forza.

Id have to agree with the load times... they really do suck. Ryse when you die can be so annoying waiting to load.

Load times in Forza are indeed horrendous! :slap

I prefer DS4 > X1 controller.

Sticks are too loose on X1 and the fit and finish of the trigger base (where the triggers disappear into the controller when pressed) is shoddy.

When you squeeze the triggers the sharp edge of the base actually irritates the finger.

Don't get me started on BF4 for the X1. :lol

Iv been playing a bit of ps4 and the pad is allot better but still not as good as the xb1 imo. I love the off set sticks, the grips and the trigger rumble motors. I just wish they would do without the batteries and include a charge cable like the ps4

Are you using actual batteries for your controller? No play and charge?

Are you using actual batteries for your controller? No play and charge?

Yea brought the play and charge but I just think they should do without it.
should be able to charge the pad once you have handed over the £400 and something £sss and not have to fork out an extra £20 just to charge it.

Load times in Forza are indeed horrendous! :slap

I prefer DS4 > X1 controller.

Sticks are too loose on X1 and the fit and finish of the trigger base (where the triggers disappear into the controller when pressed) is shoddy.

When you squeeze the triggers the sharp edge of the base actually irritates the finger.

Don't get me started on BF4 for the X1. :lol

I must admit the general build quality doesnt seem as good. Iv dropped it a couple of times and it feels like its going to come apart. My 360 pad to much more of a beating :computer

Yea brought the play and charge but I just think they should do without it.
should be able to charge the pad once you have handed over the £400 and something £sss and not have to fork out an extra £20 just to charge it.
Except when the battery starts to go bad in the PS4 you have to either leave it plugged in or replace the controller. I would rather get a new battery than a new controller.

Except when the battery starts to go bad in the PS4 you have to either leave it plugged in or replace the controller. I would rather get a new battery than a new controller.

Personally I liked using AA batteries in the 360. When they ran out I just replaced them. I found that easier than remembering to charge things.

Mfoga is right, I'd rather shell out the $20 to buy a new chargeable battery or some AA's rather than $60 to buy a new controller if the batteries go pear shaped. I had two 360 batteries that completely lost their charge and I had to buy new ones. I preferred that over shelling to buy new controllers. Especially when they have special ones. I would of been livid if I had had to throw away my GOW3 controllers because the battery died.

I have no real problem with the new controller except I'm still getting used to the higher bumpers. The new thumbsticks take getting used to but I'm digging them.

Got my hands on my nephews system yesterday. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I like Sony's controller better.

I got to play Forza (only game he had). I really wish I had the system and game. I will say the load times were driving me nuts. Why the hell does it take SOOOOO long to load a race? The game itself is stunning. Didn't have time to mess with the system that much.

All in all I still want the system and can't wait to spend more time with Forza.

Id have to agree with the load times... they really do suck. Ryse when you die can be so annoying waiting to load.

So load times are still bad with the new generation? :horror

Load times are one of the big reasons why I jumped to PC, even more so than graphics.

So load times are still bad with the new generation? :horror

Load times are one of the big reasons why I jumped to PC, even more so than graphics.

I don't have a problem with my PS4. Everything boots right up. I can't speak fairly on the One. I only played Forza.

Forza was one of the few games that would make me want a next gen system, but if the load times with that game are long, I'll probably just wait. The macrotransactions in the game sound atrocious, too.

Forza was one of the few games that would make me want a next gen system, but if the load times with that game are long, I'll probably just wait. The macrotransactions in the game sound atrocious, too.

It sure is purdy though. Made me want to go right out and buy an Xbox. :rotfl

Has there been any voice command updates for the xbox 1? I hope they can find a way to integrate the voice command with the top up menu on all the blurays, it sucks that the blurays wont respond to "play" from the bluray menu without having to press the controller button.

Forza in Xbox live suffers from lag times. I never spin out in single player, get knocked to the back of the field in multiplayer all the time. There's a lot of other weirdness like floating and bouncing cars.

Oh ok I didnt know that was the case with the sony pads.
I take what I said back.

I don't even have a game yet but I love my xbone. My biggest complaint so far is that saying ,"Xbox, on" just does not work. I've read online that this is well documented so hopefully a software fix will come along. Other than that, I hate that you need Xbox live to use oneguide, that there isn't an internet browser, and that you can't watch regular hulu(you have to be a hulu plus member). I'm torn between forza and assassins creed for my first game.

There's an internet browser, but like all the other apps you have to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription to be able to use it.

Xbox On/Off works fine for us, though it only sometimes turns on/off the audio receiver and while it turns on the TV it never is able to turn it off.

Back