Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure exactly how much this would affect my playing, since I rarely borrow games or buy them used, but... Well, I still don't like what I'm hearing.

Ok are some people that clueless to belive it Microsoft making the $ off the forced install? If so I got some land for sale you interested?

This is 100% the major publishers doing. Why do you think virtually every major game requires an online code now? You think that was Mircosofts idea? Doesn't this happen on Ps3 too? The mandatory install is just the next step.

If publishers want this and Sony doesn't go for it , you can bet that it will negatively effect Sony as much as Microsoft. Microsoft may lose sales until more games go Mircosoft exclusive because they worked with the publishers not fought them. Then the sales of Xbox go up and Sony sales crash.

What dafuq did MS and Sony do with their new consoles, especially MS.

Both have their huge negatives, but MS, seriously.

What's next, MS going to charge me extra if I just want to continue using my 360.

Ok are some people that clueless to belive it Microsoft making the $ off the forced install? If so I got some land for sale you interested?

This is 100% the major publishers doing. Why do you think virtually every major game requires an online code now? You think that was Mircosofts idea? Doesn't this happen on Ps3 too? The mandatory install is just the next step.

If publishers want this and Sony doesn't go for it , you can bet that it will negatively effect Sony as much as Microsoft. Microsoft may lose sales until more games go Mircosoft exclusive because they worked with the publishers not fought them. Then the sales of Xbox go up and Sony sales crash.

I'm not blaming anyone. I just prefer playing my games from the disc and not using up a ton of space on my HD.

I guarantee this isn't all the publishers fault. Take EA for example. How long did we have the online codes? A long *** time, yet they finally decided to get away from them? They saw how much it pissed off customers. This is going to do the same thing. Microsoft IS going to make money off these mandatory installs. You know why? Because a friend can't even borrow a ****ing game with out having to pay full retail price for it. Absolutely bull****. People who pirate are going to pirate and find a way to get around all this stuff. I remember when PC games started some crazy anti piracy **** and you know what? a day later someone already cracked it.

Next we'll have to pay a fee if we want to connect our controllers to a friends console :slap

:slap

I'm not blaming anyone. I just prefer playing my games from the disc and not using up a ton of space on my HD.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

I'm sure MS has devious plans for folks like us that will hold onto our 360s to force an upgrade.

Don't forget whom we're dealing with here, the Windows upgrade creators.

tumblr_mn6jwtLANB1s5saolo1_1280.jpg

Very sad that the best part of this reveal was the new Kinect, which actually looks poised to finally deliver on the promise of instant movement recognition.

But it was all tied to entertainment.

All the games stuff was blah and meh! :(

Back