Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lamesauce. I'm glad I don't have any interest in either the One or the PS4 right now. Fortunately, I just bought a new gaming laptop that should hold me over for a few years. By the time it is rendered obsolete I might not be gaming anymore.

edit: Oops, nvm already answered question. :)

I guess if any type of USB storage can be used, it won't be hard to get a 2TB external hard drive instead of using the cloud service.

I'm attaching the PS4 to it. :panic:
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

we had the PS4 show now the xbox show.

where is my PC show ??
I dont understand the no love for pc.
for me it is the premier gaming machine in my house.
even after seeing the new xbox my 90 pound ultimate rig kills it.
even in looks my rig dominates !

Dude, don't worry about PC. We ARE here and love it. lol
Consoles come and go, but we've always been PC gamers at heart too.

I will say, at least now, console gamers will finally get a taste of the quality we have been playing at for a while now lol 1080P or greater, 60 fps or greater, better lighting, shadows, detail etc.
At least they get to see that now and enjoy as well.
For a while anyway.

Re: Xbox 720 (Next gen Microsoft system) Discussion

Because YOU bought a game. A game for YOU to play. You didn't buy a game for you, your son, his friend down the road, and then some guy that buys it from Gamestop. Sorry, but that's not the way it's supposed to work, that's just what people have been doing.

That's how it's always been since the dawn of consoles!
Why do they have to change this now???
To make more money...go figure.

Remedy (of Alan wake and Max Payne fame) is doing a game that will incorporate Live Action elements. Sounds awful, but makes me wonder if this is a MS mandate to turn Xbox One into a cable box

Remedy (of Alan wake and Max Payne fame) is doing a game that will incorporate Live Action elements. Sounds awful, but makes me wonder if this is a MS mandate to turn Xbox One into a cable box

MS and Verizon FIOS negotiating behind the scenes.

Huge battle at stake going on with Viacom, Cablevision, Comcast, NBC, Verizon, Time Warner and many others trying to fend off or join the age of internet TV entertainment.

Meh, lame, give me my game, stop trying to nickle and dime everyone already.

You're crazy! Do also eat Mcdonalds fries with a Whopper?!?! Or have DC figures next to Marvel figures?!?!?

Whopper > Small Mac.

The way I heard it works. Is say I buy a game I download it onto my hard drive and then I let you borrow it. You then would get a chance to download it as well, but would have to pay the fee. I still keep the game on my hard drive it is just now playable on two different accounts. Atleast thats how I understood it. Even if it only costs say half of what the retail price is that would destroy used game sales. I'm not buying a 50 dollar used game and then paying 20-30 to be able to just play it. If this is not the case they should have made it alot more clear. Man I can totally see this going the way of selling your accounts online. Kind of like WoW did when it was in its prime and how Steam accounts are still sold online.

Well from what IGN said it will cost full retail....

Microsoft is attempting to clarify what is quickly becoming a convoluted and confusing situation for gamers.

In a blog post, Major Nelson has some good news. "Should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile," Nelson wrote. The blog post also mentioned that customers will be able to trade and sell their used games at retail outlets.

However, Microsoft executive Phil Harrison, in an interview with Kotaku, has some potentially bad news. The aforementioned 'fee' to play games on a second account? Full MSRP. So unless you want to use your account for your entire family, you'll be dishing out an extra $40, $50, $60 for siblings or friends to try out new games. Harrison did tell Kotaku that his company plans to allow gamers to 'trade' their used games online somehow - though declined to get into further details.

IGN will update this story with more details as we hear them.

I'm not too excited about this generation of consoles. I think I preferred gaming when you weren't connected to the internet, you could take your game over to your friend's house to play, and they didn't lock features on the game disc so you had to pay extra money to unlock them. I think the golden age of gaming is over, for me, at least.

https://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

According to that Harrison guy again, it will require an internet connection at least once a day, which seems to mean that it will stop functioning properly or entirely otherwise.

But then, as you see at the bottom of that page, MS says Harrison was talking about "potential scenarios" for the system, implying it may not end up that way exactly.

I translate that as, they are catching wind of the bad publicity (just like with Orth), and might be either rethinking some of these ideas, or might now hide them from public focus until the console launches and is already purchased by clueless holiday shoppers.

How many times is MS going to have to attempt damage control as a result of their own employee comments? What a circus this is turning into. :lol

I'm not too excited about this generation of consoles. I think I preferred gaming when you weren't connected to the internet, you could take your game over to your friend's house to play, and they didn't lock features on the game disc so you had to pay extra money to unlock them. I think the golden age of gaming is over, for me, at least.
:goodpost: Locked DLC on the disc was also a sign to me that things were going really wrong. All of this is just continuing the bad trend.

Last edited:
Xbox has gone in the very wrong direction. No fixed pricing? Kinect required? Less game focus? I am just not interested in this direction

I mean, I want to hang myself right now, David Carradine style.

Last edited:
Lost in the discussion of the hardware is the software. We're paying a lot more money for a lot shorter games. Whereas loooong ago you had to buy a game because it took a long time to finish and you had value for your money....now games can be as short as 5 hours...hell an afternoon and now a gamer spent his game budget for the paycheck or month or whatever and needs to borrow a buddies game to fill in the gap or a used game to buy multiple games a month; now that is being taken away from us.

And with every company everywhere (won't mention the local, state and federal government) nickel and diming us to maintain their earnings for their stockholders and before one even plays a game you have to have have internet (which most everyone does anyway) and because of the tv medium slowly moving online because people are moving away from cable and satellite so now the companies that provide us internet are putting limits on data amounts that can be downloaded a month and charging overage we're being driven out of what we love.....gaming.

now that I think about it maybe Nintendo has it right...or handheld gaming.

Maybe a little over the top with what I wrote but the software needs to step up with what the costs to the consumer are paying when you consider all the charges you have BEFORE you play the first second of a game.

Me, I'm all PC now and will decide which console has the better exclusives according to my tastes and get that one. heck i have a 2 year backlog of 360, PS3 and PC games on my shelf right now so I'll sit back and wait.

Regarding the used game companies....the only console they will be hurt by is the Xbox One....they still have all the other systems, old and the new ones (as far as we know at the moment). So they'll hurt but what the question is what will the Xbox One be as a percentage of their revenue?

Last edited:
Because YOU bought a game. A game for YOU to play. You didn't buy a game for you, your son, his friend down the road, and then some guy that buys it from Gamestop. Sorry, but that's not the way it's supposed to work, that's just what people have been doing.

You don't know what the hell you are talking about, seriously. Typical mind of a strict mod.

If l buy something l own it, i can do what ever the hell l want with it. If l buy a car l can lend it to someone, or have someone else drive me around, same with a bike, or movies, l can lend them to whoever l want, or sell them to whoever l want. Any item l choose to buy then becomes my property to do with as l please.

Microsoft are just greedy *******s trying to scam people and go very low in order to get rid of their competition (the used game market).

Same here, I am not big into online, always have my 360 unplugged from the net. I prefer just playing campaings.

I'm not into this next Gen stuff, not excited one bit. I have my 360, l can play great games now (old, new and used no problem). No Backward compadible is a fail, paying a fee to borrow a game is a fail, l just don't care. Not to mention the first batch in the first year are going to be problematic. I wont start looking into this next gen stuff for at least an other couple of years, or more.

Back