Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll end up being more. I didn't buy my 360 until December of '08 and feel as though I've dodged a bullet doing so. Consider the problems with any console at launch and add the cherry on top: Microsoft. Unit prices will be fairer and games will be better down the road anyhow.

Hey, but we got Skype and Smart Glass. :lol

So hardware wise, looks like PS4 on paper is more powerful due to their super crazy fast and expensive videocard type GDDR5 memory compared to X1's DDR3, plus PS4 supposedly has more CPU horsepower.

Although X1's APU cached memory supposedly makes up the difference.

PS4 Cell was powerful, but no one could tap it.

Looks like PS4 will be a beast this time out once tapped.

This **** is too confusing to keep up with. :lol

Last edited:
Re: Xbox 720 (Next gen Microsoft system) Discussion

Because YOU bought a game. A game for YOU to play. You didn't buy a game for you, your son, his friend down the road, and then some guy that buys it from Gamestop. Sorry, but that's not the way it's supposed to work, that's just what people have been doing.

LOL at this garbage logic. Get off Microsoft's nuts man. You sound ridiculous with this kind of statement. I guess I am doing it wrong when I let my classmates in school read my textbook too because I bought it for MYSELF to read.

The more I think about all this, unless Microsoft really blows me away at E3, I'm just going to stick with my 360 and get the PS4. I think this is going to be good bye to XBox. I really hate that you have to have a kinnect connected to the console in order for it to work...so much fail it seems...such a shame.

It'll always be watching and listening, sounds pretty creepy to me! :lol

This sounds a little reassuring at least. :eek:

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

Other users on the console will be able to play that game as well, Harrison said. So you don't need to buy multiple games per family. "With the built-in parental controls of the system it is shared among the users of the device," he said.

So family members can share a game on the same console. This was my major concern with this whole concept. Im glad they realized this would be an issue. :hi5:

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

So essentially, if a single game disc is trying to exist on 2 separate pieces of hardware- you have to pay the retail price. Any time you loan a game to a friend, if you want to maintain ownership of that game, the friend has to pay the retail price to access it.

However Microsoft is talking about a trading system they have planed.

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.

This makes me think: If you choose to Relinquish ownership of the game, Using this 'online trade system' (which they will probably charge some fee to access :monkey3) (Effectively Hijacking the used game business exclusively for themselves, '..Clever girl...') you could theoretically hand the game to your friend for free ( why would you do that?! :duh) He could then install the game to his Xbox, without paying the fee and it would delete the game from your account. So a single disc can only be tide to one hardware at a time without requiring an additional purchase.

However if you just want to hang out

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

So you can just sign into your Xbox Live account on your friends Xbox via the cloud and play the game. I sorta like this, it basically allows you to purchase a game right on the spot

You go over, share you profile

"Hey, I really like this game, I think I'll buy it for myself!"

"You can buy it RIGHT NOW!"

" Wow :horror "

The problem that disturbs me about the games linking to online is what if you're playing and your internet goes down and stays down for a while, does that mean you can't play the game without internet.

Supposedly no, but one article said that you need to connect to the internet once a day. I'm not sure what that means, if it can work offline for a whole day then it can work offline forever.

They really need to make a FAQ about it because their own people aren't being consistent in what they're saying.

So far this system is a huge disappointment.

No sharing of games between siblings and friends is not fun. There's many games I would have never got if I wasn't able to borrow it for a few days or hours from a family member or friend.

Also, as someone who does sometimes trade in or sell used games, I hope their 'system' of selling used games is fair and pays real cash and not Xbox points or something stupid.

The system requiring Kinect to always be connected is a choice I'm not fond of, but we'll see exactly what impact that has in the long run. I hope I can just use the controller and never worry about the Kinect.

So the system is not always online, but if you want to even play a new game you just bought, you'll need to sign on to confirm the game-code? So you have to have an Internet connection to play any games essentially, not fair to the consumer; as I am sure there are thousands who own a 360 but don't have an Internet connection.

It sucks because I enjoy Microsoft's exclusive games, but the PS4 so far sounds more enticing. I guess we'll have to wait and see, because maybe Sony will end up announcing game-codes as well?

Edit: Someone mentioned in an earlier post that the golden age of gaming was over, and I think they may be right. I'm going to enjoy the next and final 6-12 months of games on the 360 more than ever before: Saints Row IV, GTAV, COD, Watch Dogs, etc. Any cross-platform games I'll get on the 360; I won't be getting a next-gen console at launch.

I think the Wii-U will be the only console remaining that is reminiscent of past gaming console generations.

Edit #2: Some helpful FAQ on IGN: https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/0...and-dont-know?abthid=519c9e21bcbbcc0d2f000006

Interesting tidbits:
-Article says you can trade in used games at retailers, details to be confirmed.
-Xbox Live Arcade games will not transfer, keep your old box if you want to play those along with your 360 games.
-Cannot turn Kinect microphone off, Kinect is "always listening".
-Console requires to connect to the internet at least once a day. Someone in the comments mentioned that if your internet goes out for a few days, you can't play your Xbox. I'd say the majority of internet users experience outages every year, for days at a time even. This will make a lot of people angry.

Last edited:
Right now I can't see anything enticing me into getting the new Xbox, as it sounds like pretty much everything I didn't want, but feared it would be.

Not that it matters that much to me, because I never buy any new consoles from a new generation until the two main players have been on the market for 12-18 months, and you can get a better picture of exactly how each system performs, what it's key exclusives are, which tends to be better in cross platform tests, the bugs from the first few release batches have been found and (hopefully) ironed out, and the developers are starting to get truly comfortable with working within and pushing the parameters of the new architecture.

At this point PS4 has an early lead, but it's a damn long way until I'll be considering buying either, so we'll see how it all washes out in the long term.

I'm not too excited about this generation of consoles. I think I preferred gaming when you weren't connected to the internet, you could take your game over to your friend's house to play, and they didn't lock features on the game disc so you had to pay extra money to unlock them. I think the golden age of gaming is over, for me, at least.

:goodpost: Exactly , N64 all the way.
Also i remember when red faction came out on the PS2 i hunted everywere
for that game and had to travel to buy it and it was amazing.

What get's me about all the next gen stuff is the fact that it will be eventually forcing people to but them.
As they are not going to make games for the Xbox 360 or Ps3 once released.
And they are not backward's compatible which is terrible.
As i have hundreds of games , so they want me to just get rid of them because they make the console obsolete?
Let's hope they new console's don't break left right and centre as i had about 10 xbox 360's i the 1st year of release.
So gave up on them and bought the amazing PS3 and then a few years later got an Xbox again.

Also let's hope they release outstanding games with amazing graphics and not just crappy sport's games that nobody cares about.

On a side note I saw this posted on an IGN article by a commenter: "So I buy a game, load it on my One, register it, sell it and then go home and play it?"

That's a very good point. I wonder how that will work? Because you don't need the disc to play the game. Once you load and register it, it's on your system. How will they 'lock' the game out of your system if you sell the game? (since they say you can re-sell them)

The only thing I can think of is the game-disc itself has a bar code and it gets scanned or something similar at GameStop. That then basically voids the original 'access code', so you can no longer play it. Also, there go the days of selling used games on eBay or to your friend, since they'd have to pay Microsoft to access the game once they put it in their disc drive. But how would GameStop make money if the person who buys it used has to pay Microsoft through Xbox Live when they insert the game in the disc drive? Then they must also get a discount price since it is 'used' right? This is a very confusing topic right now, and there are few answers and many questions.

If I have to have kinect kinected 24/7 for the Xbox to work, I'll set up some gestures where I'm waving something other than my arm:naughty

My hair
tumblr_lm9rpyvTs71qh55pl.gif

I won't even consider picking this system up until Halo or Gears hits, so hopefully we are talking 2015....by then the XBOX ONE will have be redesigned from the ground up to be an actual gaming machine again - at least I hope

Back