Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny, it's not "always on", yet an internet connection will be mandatory to verify you as the owner of the game, to charge you the fees if you have a used game, and you'll need a connection for the cloud storage unless there is a way to attach an external hard drive (MS will probably sell these made just for Xbox later on).

I can't see how a person can be happy with any of this, even if they accept it. Why celebrate something that makes gaming more complex, expensive, and may turn some people off from it entirely? :dunno

On paper it is. But giving this new console is a multi media all-in-one setup im pretty sure its its going to fill up rather fast. Even with only a few games at a time. If its another 7-10 years till the next generation all this forced installation is going to go down harder than a lead balloon. Unless an external hard drive or whatnot is planned for the future. Which is pretty much a given. Along with 1TB HD versions of the console

Yeah they will charge you and arm and a leg for the "official" microsoft HD. Definitely going with ps4 for this gen to start off. WIll get the xbox later on, but damn they are focusing more on this entertainment **** than the actual games. Remember when systems were used to actually play games? I miss the old basic consoles. Especially the ps2.

It's funny, it's not "always on", yet an internet connection will be mandatory to verify you as the owner of the game, to charge you the fees if you have a used game, and you'll need cloud storage unless there is a way to attach an external hard drive (MS will probably sell these made just for Xbox later on).

I can't see how a person can be happy with any of this, even if they accept it. Why celebrate something that makes gaming more complex, expensive, and may turn some people off from it entirely? :shrug
:goodpost::exactly:

After you Install the Game

and a Friend happens to borrow it.. for a second installation He must pay a FEE!!

WTF!

WIll get the xbox later on, but damn they are focusing more on this entertainment **** than the actual games. Remember when systems were used to actually play games? I miss the old basic consoles. Especially the ps2.
This is how i feel. Sometimes i feel like im in the wrong and im maybe stuck in the past because of when i hit my teens-early 20's and how i support thoes games and consoles. But then i remind myself im not. If you wanted a PC you had a PC. If you wanted to game, you picked up a game put in the disc and played it. The only complication you had was needing a memory card. Ive got 3 things in my bedroom that all do tv gaming and messaging. Id rather have 3 things that did 1 thing each but great with no complications.

After you Install the Game

and a Friend happens to borrow it.. for a second installation He must pay a FEE!!

WTF!

Yeah so ****ing stupid. No borrowing games anymore. Congrats Microsoft :clap Sucks for Gamestop. Wonder what things they will have to do to stay open.

This is how i feel. Sometimes i feel like im in the wrong and im maybe stuck in the past because of when i hit my teens-early 20's and how i support thoes games and consoles. But then i remind myself im not. If you wante a PC you had a PC. If you wanted to game, you picked up a game put in the disc and played it. The only complication you had was needing a memory card. Ive got 3 things in my bedroom that all do tv gaming and messaging. Id rather have 3 things that did 1 thing each but great with no complications.

Agreed! I have a gaming pc to do all this. I just want a damn basic console to play the games I can't get on the PC.

The next halo game on this system will blow cod away. Fact.
Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Yeah so ****ing stupid. No borrowing games anymore. Congrats Microsoft :clap Sucks for Gamestop. Wonder what things they will have to do to stay open.

So they went and actually did it? I thought it was just a rumor. Well this might be the end of my gaming then. They always gotta find something to jack everybody.

So they went and actually did it? I thought it was just a rumor. Well this might be the end of my gaming then. They always gotta find something to jack everybody.[/quote]Yeah I think the way it works is, you lend the game to someone else, they have to pay a fee to play it, and then it becomes unplayable on the original owner's console. So I guess if the original owner wants the disc back, he has to pay the fee to unlock it again for himself, and now the friend he let borrow it it can no longer play it. The original owner might then have to reinstall the entire game on his hard drive also.
edit: see Duck's post below, I think he got it correct, sorry I got all of today's news mixed up. :lol

So with that hassle, lending games between friends will be too expensive and too much trouble for most people. There seem to be some people who actually defend this idea though, go figure. I see it hurting the industry and not helping (and possibly lowering) profits for the makers of the games.

If all the game makers choose to do this with every PS4 release as well, the Wii-U might see it's sales go up a lot this holiday season. :lol

Last edited:
WOW! I did not actually think they would go ahead with this.
Well i doubt they will sell many.
As not everybody has internet connections as it is expensive.
Remember the good old days of gaming when you bought a game played it and loved it.
No messing with online gaming or internet connections.

Funnily enough i have just started modding Original XBOX console's.
After picking one up with Excuter 3 chip with control panel and LCD display.
And going to load coinops 5 on it.
I think the PS4 is going to be the way to go for now unless Xbox change anything.

Yeah I think the way it works is, you lend the game to someone else, they have to pay a fee to play it, and then it becomes unplayable on the original owner's console. So I guess if the original owner wants the disc back, he has to pay the fee to unlock it again for himself, and now the friend he let borrow it it can no longer play it. The original owner might then have to reinstall the entire game on his hard drive also.

So with that hassle, lending games between friends will be too expensive and too much trouble for most people. There seem to be some people who actually defend this idea though, go figure. I see it hurting the industry and not helping (and possibly lowering) profits for the makers of the games.

If all the game makers choose to do this with every PS4 release as well, the Wii-U might see it's sales go up a lot this holiday. :lol

The way I heard it works. Is say I buy a game I download it onto my hard drive and then I let you borrow it. You then would get a chance to download it as well, but would have to pay the fee. I still keep the game on my hard drive it is just now playable on two different accounts. Atleast thats how I understood it. Even if it only costs say half of what the retail price is that would destroy used game sales. I'm not buying a 50 dollar used game and then paying 20-30 to be able to just play it. If this is not the case they should have made it alot more clear. Man I can totally see this going the way of selling your accounts online. Kind of like WoW did when it was in its prime and how Steam accounts are still sold online.

The way I heard it works. Is say I buy a game I download it onto my hard drive and then I let you borrow it. You then would get a chance to download it as well, but would have to pay the fee. I still keep the game on my hard drive it is just now playable on two different accounts. Atleast thats how I understood it. Even if it only costs say half of what the retail price is that would destroy used game sales. I'm not buying a 50 dollar used game and then paying 20-30 to be able to just play it. If this is not the case they should have made it alot more clear. Man I can totally see this going the way of selling your accounts online. Kind of like WoW did when it was in its prime and how Steam accounts are still sold online.
Thanks for clearing that up, I think you're absolutely correct, I got it mixed up. And I agree, I think this will have really negative side effects on the industry, just a bad, bad idea.

Thanks for clearing that up, I think you're absolutely correct, I got it mixed up. I agree, I think this will have really bad side effects on the industry, just a bad, bad idea.

Let alone if this stuff actually happens and Gamestop does go down just think how many jobs that would be lost. All because Microsoft are ****ing money hungry. They always have been. Yes lets make more people lose their jobs during a great economy :clap

Back