X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. Nothing ****-erotic about shirtless, oiled up body builder running around grappling with a bunch of other 'roided out dudes.

I much prefer seeing real men grappling each other than these twinky boys. :lol

The rules of engagement are at their most unpredictable. Instead of pumping more money into R-rated reshoots WB is instead using their last bit of profit to pay jye4ever to turn against TFA. Who will be bought next? :panic:

WB bought me out, nonsense!

image.jpeg

I'm guessing he wasn't paid off, but blackmailed. Maybe they threatened to let Roland Emmerich do Godzilla again.

They're holding the rights to Cannibal Campout ! :monkey2

i am wondering why i have nearly zero interest in this but was excited for the last two..baffling

Best poster so far

:lol :goodpost:

If they were crap movies sure but they were quality and deserved the praise. If Apocalypse continues he quality this trilogy could surpass TDK as the best superhero trilogy

CW will have he spotlight and hype to be sure but quality-wise his has the edge IMO. Russos were great with TWS but that's just one movie while Singers had a consistent high-quality track record overall

Oh I agree, in terms of quality Singer’s X-Men films are far better movies than anything from the MCU, but so far the trailers for X-Men Apoc haven’t been that great, Civil War has Downey-Man and Spiderman in a movie together, and its getting great reviews, that movie will have legs. Add on top of that X-Men Apoc coming out at a really crowded time. I think to be successful, it can’t be a good movie, its going to have to be a great movie with great word of mouth just to come near making what DOFP made.

i am wondering why i have nearly zero interest in this but was excited for the last two..baffling

Well, the trailers have been okay at best, and its the only superhero movie this year that isn’t really offering anything new. This year has Batman and Superman in a film together for the first time with JL cameos, Civil War has Spiderman making his MCU debut, Deadpool was a hard R superhero movie, Suicide Squad is going to be the first superhero film lead by villains, and Doctor Strange is making his live action debut and it will be expanding the MCU by introducing dimension hopping and sorcery. X-Men Apoc is just another prequel and while its featuring arguably X-Men’s biggest foe, most people aren’t feeling this interoperation of the character based on the trailers.

Last edited:
I will forever bemoan the lost art of the movie one-sheet. When Disney went with a Photoshop-by-committee job over Drew Struzan's painted piece (which we will never see) for THE FORCE AWAKENS it was the final nail. :(

And to think that back in the day any given movie could have *multiple* painted one-sheets. A "Style A," "Style B," and so on. And not just for Star Wars films.

J Law in another black suit- how utterly original and ground-breaking(sarcasm folks)

This movie has the worst costumes short of Corman's FF.....

Back