X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually expecting something in between. I'm a huge Fox-Men fan, and it's nice to see most of my favorite X-Men return but the first two trailers were only okay at best, and everything I see from the trailers looks extremely generic. I don't think it's going to be terrible but I don't think it's going to be as great as Singer's other X-Men films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think last film was the best it could do- now we are getting another big blue baddie who wants to destroy the world while we watch the angst of the pretty x people...getting old.

Well it was good but not very good....I still think XMFC is the best of the bunch....Vaughn might have alot to do with that!

Well it was good but not very good....I still think XMFC is the best of the bunch....Vaughn might have alot to do with that!

First Class is probably my second favorite in the franchise but i don't think it's a better film than DOFP, it has way too many problems.

First Class is probably my second favorite in the franchise but i don't think it's a better film than DOFP, it has way too many problems.
I can appreciate that point of view. So many fans want to take the position that if they like a movie that means it's a great movie.

First Class is definitely #3 for me, or maybe it's #2 if X2 and DOFP are tied.

I have a sneaking suspicion this will be he highest rated comic book critically for this summer (maybe just wishful thinking). The zero-hype machine may work in its favor

I have a sneaking suspicion this will be he highest rated comic book critically for this summer (maybe just wishful thinking). The zero-hype machine may work in its favor

The X:A plot will probably be too predictable and by the numbers, so I think that honor will end up going to Civil War. However I do think this will end up being very good movie, better than most folks are expecting, and will likely outperform DoFP.

CW will eat all movies up in it's path including this one- it will suffer at box office because of it

What's Avatar? :monkey3
giphy.gif

Someone hasn't been paying attention to those early screening critic reviews for CW. :lol

I just read through the civil war thread an could've sworn I saw something along the lines of "not as good as winter soldier" and "a bit over stuffed". Maybe its me reading through my personal lens :rotfl

CW will eat all movies up in it's path including this one- it will suffer at box office because of it

yeah absolutely, but I don't doubt apocalypse could edge it out critics wise. Although No matter how horrible civil war is I don't see it going below a 70% on rotten tomatoes. Who knows maybe civil war could be crowned top comic book movie of all time though. Spiderman being used as that short lived cameo character :rolleyes2: kills me internally

yeah absolutely, but I don't doubt apocalypse could edge it out critics wise. Although No matter how horrible civil war is I don't see it going below a 70% on rotten tomatoes. Who knows maybe civil war could be crowned top comic book movie of all time though. Spiderman being used as that short lived cameo character :rolleyes2: kills me internally

He will get more butts in the theatres- that is why he is in CW- I agree I don't think he should be in it as a cameo but I heard he's great in it( ha ha early fanboy reactions)
Looking forward to CW but not new X men...maybe I'm not that hot on those films

It's the most likely of the bunch. The last two X-Men opened same year as a Cap and edged them both out in the ratings

i think last film was the best it could do- now we are getting another big blue baddie who wants to destroy the world while we watch the angst of the pretty x people...getting old.

Who was the first? Mystique never out to destroy the world

Yeah I don't recall the xmen ever facing off against a BIG bad guy. Usually its more character/plot driven stuff.

I can appreciate that point of view. So many fans want to take the position that if they like a movie that means it's a great movie.

First Class is definitely #3 for me, or maybe it's #2 if X2 and DOFP are tied.

Yea, In my opinion, X2 is by far the best in the franchise, especially considering when it came out but I can't watch it as much as I watch FC.

It's the most likely of the bunch. The last two X-Men opened same year as a Cap and edged them both out in the ratings

Who was the first? Mystique never out to destroy the world

Actually FC smoked TFA critically, DOFP did edge out Winter Soldier though.

But when you consider CW has Iron Man, Cap, and reboot Spiderman all in one movie, X-Men Apoc is going to have to be absolutely incredible to steal some of the spotlight from it.

I can honestly see this flopping at the box office, it comes out two weeks after CW and I believe in the same day as that new Alice in Wonderland movie.

Last edited:
Back