X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eek. I rather have the all black costumes over those...

3943521438_38eee332a7_z.jpg

I'm fine with all those costumes, except for the one for Beast. It doesn't look like a superhero costume to me, it looks more like something you would wear to a paintball match. :/

Nailed it with the paintball comment, quite a few of them do. I hope Fox takes X-Men away from Singer and WB takes JL away from Snyder. My two comic book movie wishes.

Yeah outside of weird design choices, it will be just as solid as DOFP was. At least this one has a clear villain this time.

:lol

For the record, I never had a real problem with the all black suits. I see the potential problems in trying to render a comic book suit to life, so I think it was wise of them to play it safe for so long.

That said, Marvel has done a great job in interpreting the comic book costumes to real life, so there is really no excuse anymore. I think the First Class suits were great and I wouldn’t have minded everyone wearing that. And I thought the DOFP were good “transitional” costumes—a step forward from the X-Men 1-3 suits.

These, OTOH, really look pretty bad. I HATE Cyclop’s suit, but that hate comes from me hating the suit from the 90s comics too. I think Psylocke’s costume looks great, and I’m even okay with Magneto’s. But the rest, especially Quicksilver and Storm’s costumes, are pretty bad.

THAT said, I remember not being crazy about the original black suits when photos of them leaked online. But they ended up looking fine when onscreen and within the context of the movie. So I’ll keep my mind open til I see the movie.

I knew I saw a flash a mystique wearing that classic costume in the trailer! As for the rest I think they look great. I already did think the four horseman looked pretty good, now I'm more than happy with the x-men uniforms. Although I really don't think they have much competition compared to the MCU movies costumes.

Back