X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to me at this point xmen is just all over the damn place. We are about to hit 1990 xmen so isn't Patrick Stewart supposed to be back? No? Ok

Why do you even bother to ansWer seriously man.

...Because I can?

I can completely understand why someone would not like BVS, i happen to like it even with all its flaws.
But I could join the rank of those who are ripping it a new ass, and found valid arguments against it.
I just happen to subjectively like it.

More power to you then.

Xmen apocalypse just leave me baffled about all the choice they made.
Im not angry, its just incredibly badly done from the sets to the costumes, to the script.
Yu just have to compare it to the previous movie and see clearly a drop in quality in every aspects.

Again, that's your opinion. Apart from a few cliche lines and J-Law, the actors were great. Fassbender, was, as always, gold. You could feel the emotion in him. MacAvoy did an excellent job as well, same for the youngsters, who had defining characteristics and sold you on the "teens with powers" part. Apocalypse, while cliched in some aspects, was a very interesting villain who behaved exactly like a cult leader. Slimy one second to attract followers, revealing his true face when out of sight. Sure, some were just there (Angel, Psylocke, Jubilee), but that doesn't mean everything was bad. Quicksilver alone was gold.

So just from the actors, X-Men has one over BvS. Apart from Affleck, Irons and maybe Fishbourne, the rest were meh to bad. Supes was mopey, Lois was boring, Lex was a parody, and Wonder Woman was just... there, like Angel, Psylocke, etc, etc. The villain was better, the leads were better (apart from J-Law) and the supporting cast was better.

On to the script, how come? It was straightforward, didn't pretend to be a high brow marvel of cinema, and gave us pretty much what it promised. Sure, Magneto going evil wasn't handled that well, which I already mentioned, but everything else made sense and wasn't a contrived pile of things happening. Apocalypse waking up and Quicksilver arriving just in time were the closest things to that, but every movie happens because of reasons, that's why the plot progresses. Again, it was interesting, tackled the cult aspects well, showcased the new generation, etc, etc. I fail to see the problem, really.

The suits, really don't matter. The costumes in BvS were great, does that mean that it's immediately a great movie? The costume in S1 of Daredevil was pretty much a black hoodie, does that mean the show is bad? I mean, we got a pretty much perfect Weapon X Wolverine, a bald Xavier, a rather faithful Apocalypse, an exact copy of Jim Lee Psylocke, and the new costumes at the end were very close to the source material. Again, i fail to see the problem...

Is it a step down from DoFP? Sure. Does that mean that it's an awful film which makes "you wonder how people like it more than Bvs"? No, not really. It's all subjective. Compared to BvS, for me at least, this is the damn Godfather. CW handled the emotion better, but Apocalypse managed to tackle the subject of cult and to an extent, religion, and do it much better than BvS.

Thats not an opinion its just facts.

Um, who died and made you King of the World? I imagine I would've heard about such a turn of events from the telly. I imagine it's an exhausting job, eh? Being responsible for what's a fact, what's an opinion, what counts as evidence, all that must take a toll on you...

Now if someone happen to like it anyway fine by me [...]

Cool. So, uh, what's up with this whole "critique" then?

[...] but its a really badly conceived and executed film.

opinion.gif

Am I supposed to focus on the catchphrases? "Your taste is up your ass", "suck on that" and "buddy, you were at the wrong place, at the wrong time", right? So, to recap, my taste is for the gutters, I should suck on your excellent rebuttal, and I was at wrong thread, at the wrong time, so I got put down by your eloquently worded and backed by facts opinion? Damn son, all of that summed up in one video?

tumblr_nbk82zLyBN1r67id1o4_250.gif

Solid movie! Not great but still enjoyable. First Class and DOFP are better movies

My impression of the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

X2, DOFP, and First Class are in my top 7 favs superhero flicks, so if this is a downgrade like the reviews are saying then I’ll probably be really hard on it :lol

X2, DOFP, and First Class are in my top 7 favs superhero flicks, so if this is a downgrade like the reviews are saying then I’ll probably be really hard on it :lol

I specifically remember being pissed at Ebert & Roeper(?) when X2 came out because they gave it a luke warm thumbs up, but yet they gave Daredevil glowing reviews. Not that I thought Daredevil was garbage, but it wasn't even in the same class as X2. One of the critics I routinely listen to loved DoFP and he thinks that X2 might be the best superhero movie of all time but he said that Apocalypse is dull, so that's giving me some concerns.

I specifically remember being pissed at Ebert & Roeper(?) when X2 came out because they gave it a luke warm thumbs up, but yet they gave Daredevil glowing reviews. Not that I thought Daredevil was garbage, but it wasn't even in the same class as X2. One of the critics I routinely listen to loved DoFP and he thinks that X2 might be the best superhero movie of all time but he said that Apocalypse is dull, so that's giving me some concerns.

Yea, historically I’ve been able to call which X-Men movie would be good or bad just based on the trailers. DOFP I was 100% confident in after the first trailer, but Apocalypse’s first trailer was okay at best and the rest got progressively worse.

When it comes to comic book movies, I think some critics just have a preconceived notion of what a superhero film should be. X2 was more grounded and tackled serious themes, and Daredevil was a straightforward superhero flick. I actually like Daredevil though, thats one of my guilty pleasure superhero movies :lol

My impression of the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Longer run time? I thought it was a half hour too long :lol

Back