Would You Support a SPORTS Premium Format Line???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'd do quite well, if marketed to the right audience. Mcfarlane's sports line keeps the toy business afloat for them.

You'd have to get it in front of the sports geeks, but they guys that have nice bar set ups, which are usually sports themed, would be the right people to market a great Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, or Gordie Howe. You aren't going to make 50 of them, but true sports fans would go for the all star guys as decorations if they were well done.

And while there are some folks here in that category, this isn't the group that's really the target market.

They'd do quite well, if marketed to the right audience. Mcfarlane's sports line keeps the toy business afloat for them.

You'd have to get it in front of the sports geeks, but they guys that have nice bar set ups, which are usually sports themed, would be the right people to market a great Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, or Gordie Howe. You aren't going to make 50 of them, but true sports fans would go for the all star guys as decorations if they were well done.

And while there are some folks here in that category, this isn't the group that's really the target market.

I would take a Gordie Howe. Heck, even a Babe Ruth!

Mostly, I would really want a Mario Lemieux!!! :D

The only sports figures I'd be interested in are the Hanson Brothers from Slap Shot! :lol The McF figures were cool but I'd like 1:6 versions.

And maybe some Rollerball figures. The James Caan version...not that piece of crap remake. Does Rollerball count as a sport? :D

The only sports figures I'd be interested in are the Hanson Brothers from Slap Shot! :lol The McF figures were cool but I'd like 1:6 versions.

And maybe some Rollerball figures. The James Caan version...not that piece of crap remake. Does Rollerball count as a sport? :D

NOW YOU'RE TALKING BATTY! I would go for the Hanson brothers as well with their taped up coke bottle glasses.

UFC PF pops into my mind, it would have to be dudes like Matt Hughes, Ken Shamrock, Randy Couture, all the living legends

I was thinking about that too, I think the reason Spinal Tap worked (although don't know if they sold incredibly well) was they were a film first, music second. I think a lot of the major market for the Sports and Music is hard to tap into since they're not the same as your typical pop-culture collector.

But if you can bridge the two its a good start.

Packers lol..are you guys in the Super Bowl?...sure you want those figures....lol

j/k man..it was a great game and this is a good idea....maybe some NHL players also...I am all for it

First off...a HUGE Packers fan and was curious if anyone else would be interested in a Sports Premium Format or Legendary Scale Bust line. Personally I cannot begin to imagine how cool a Brett Favre Premium Format figure would be with REAL cloth uniform, some Lambeau Field turf (sculpted, of course), and a REMOVABLE helmet (or additional head exclusive)...plus a real leather football. That would be an awesome venture...wish someone was thinking this over.

Some awesome choices of current players and past players!

Geb

I heard that Sideshow was working on a Brett Favre Premium Format Figure but that they had to cancel development because it kept losing the football. :monkey3

Back