Why doesn't Sideshow use other materials in their mixed material line-Premium Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that. But if you know this, then you know it's all about the mixture as well. There are many rotocast pieces on the market, Fett included, that are a hell of a lot harder than Mort and the Medi VCDs. :wink1:

Oh, absolutely, the chemical mix can definitely add some strength to the material. But at the end of the day, vinyl in all its forms is pliable, porous, and quite vulnerable to even low amounts of heat and/or sunlight. Compared to polystone or epoxy resin, it is a much less durable material for statues and collectibles.

Oh, absolutely, the chemical mix can definitely add some strength to the material. But at the end of the day, vinyl in all its forms is pliable, porous, and quite vulnerable to even low amounts of heat and/or sunlight. Compared to polystone or epoxy resin, it is a much less durable material for statues and collectibles.

I'd trade in a heartbeat for something that could survive a tumble from the shelf. :lol

I'm thinking possible liability issues and distribution issues/costs associated with using metal that might explode the cost.

I could be wrong...

Back