Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wish they hadn't made 9500. It should've been 1500 exclusive and 2000 regular to make these statues shoot up in value fast for future investment. I am tempted to get another 1, but I want to see my first 1 first. Happy collecting.

I totally agree! Just makes it more fun and more collectible.

I pre-ordered the WW exclusive so hopefully I will get that email that they are ready to fully charge for her. I like her so much I think I will go the waitlist for another exclusive. And, Maybe I'll call Sideshow to fully charge me for 2 and bump some of you guys.

95226-stock-internals-2001-2003-miata-new.gif

tumblr_m31y3cc7YC1qhd0xso1_400.gif

Sideshow only allows one EX order per account. If you try to buy more than one with one account they'll delete one order. If you try to order more than one with multiple accounts they'll delete your accounts.

I just wish they hadn't made 9500. It should've been 1500 exclusive and 2000 regular to make these statues shoot up in value fast for future investment. I am tempted to get another 1, but I want to see my first 1 first. Happy collecting.

Investment? really...you invest in Comic statues?

tumblr_inline_mp0brp64Th1qz4rgp.gif

95226-stock-internals-2001-2003-miata-new.gif

tumblr_m31y3cc7YC1qhd0xso1_400.gif

Sideshow only allows one EX order per account. If you try to buy more than one with one account they'll delete one order. If you try to order more than one with multiple accounts they'll delete your accounts.

Investment? really...you invest in Comic statues?

tumblr_inline_mp0brp64Th1qz4rgp.gif

Lol.. I think he was just kidding. He is kidding right? But as the for ex statement about ES. I do agree with low ES is always more collectible. If he is new welcome to the board! WW looks great! Just hope the QC issues is at a very low amount. Still can't wait to see this in person. Love the sculpt, height, and I hope Steve will do more dc or marvel females. His skills may be the best I've seen. He sculpts great females and males. All of them seems to be stunning and spot on. SS please give this guy more work!
Also how about a PF mcfarlane Spider-Man line ss?

Lol.. I think he was just kidding. He is kidding right? But as the for ex statement about ES. I do agree with low ES is always more collectible. If he is new welcome to the board! WW looks great! Just hope the QC issues is at a very low amount. Still can't wait to see this in person. Love the sculpt, height, and I hope Steve will do more dc or marvel females. His skills may be the best I've seen. He sculpts great females and males. All of them seems to be stunning and spot on. SS please give this guy more work!
Also how about a PF mcfarlane Spider-Man line ss?

Lol. I don't think he was joking.

Edition size only matters if you're:

a) Going to sell the item in question for profit.

b) Need a number to inflate the supposed value of an item because you can't enjoy it for what it is.

Dose it really matter if there are 1000, 2000, or 20,000 otherwise? No, it shouldn't, because you would hopefully have purchased and kept the item because you like it and it makes you happy. So what's it to you how many other people have it?

I get why it's important to some people, but I never pay attention to edition size numbers personally.

b) Need a number to inflate the supposed value of an item because you can't enjoy it for what it is.

Dose it really matter if there are 1000, 2000, or 20,000 otherwise? No, it shouldn't, because you would hopefully have purchased and kept the item because you like it and it makes you happy. So what's it to you how many other people have it?

I get why it's important to some people, but I never pay attention to edition size numbers personally.

:goodpost:

Thought I'd post a quick photo of some messing around on paint (not great quality!). I've tried to soften her expression slightly, to see if others may find her less 'masculine' if her brow were changed. I still prefer the original :)

Thank you Actionjackson33 for the use of your photos!

paint make up.jpg

Image seems to shrink when I attach it, sorry for the small size!

Thought I'd post a quick photo of some messing around on paint (not great quality!). I've tried to soften her expression slightly, to see if others may find her less 'masculine' if her brow were changed. I still prefer the original :)

Thank you Actionjackson33 for the use of your photos!

View attachment 161352

Image seems to shrink when I attach it, sorry for the small size!
Looks more like Boyle now

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

c) you want your statue to at least retain its value in case you need to sell it down the road due to unexpected financial issues.

edition sizes are not a big deal to me, but I can appreciate the term "limited edition" and "9500" not necessarily being harmonious.

You're set up for complete failure :lol

:goodpost: THIS!!!! 1000X THIS. If you're in this for "future investement" you need to rethink a few things. There are much better ways for you to be investing than buying Sideshow statues. You make a few bucks off a statue here or there, good on you. But if one of you're main motivations is reselling for profit, you're part of the problem and not the solution. This is a forum for people who enjoy the art and collecting of incredible pieces. Lets not ruin it by constantly bitching about ES so you're future eBay listing isn't able to put your kid through...... errrrrrrrrrr buy that new TV you probably can't afford. :slap

Ambasah, this discussion could go on and on but until someone gets to the point where they potentially need to sell, that's the only time they will understand what these high ES's do in the long term. Apparently all the collectors that don't buy to sell are also fortune tellers that can predict their future and know that these things will be with them forever.

that said, I have more Wonder Woman statues and mini busts than I should, and this will be the best one in my collection and I cannot wait.

c) you want your statue to at least retain its value in case you need to sell it down the road due to unexpected financial issues.

edition sizes are not a big deal to me, but I can appreciate the term "limited edition" and "9500" not necessarily being harmonious.

NOPE! That is what an emergency savings is for. Collectibles is NOT an emergency savings. If you do not have an emergency savings you should NOT be buying any of this stuff.

under normal circumstances i'd agree but recently I've seen way too many fund raising auctions for very popular artist that have been overrun my medical expenses that have taxed their emergency savings. Plus collecting is an addiction that clouds the rational mind:)

NOPE! That is what an emergency savings is for. Collectibles is NOT an emergency savings. If you do not have an emergency savings you should NOT be buying any of this stuff.

I may be missing the point but why is it assumed that WW wont retain its value?
Seems to me that both Batman and Superman exclusives are selling for far more than retail on the secondary market.

I get the impression that some collectors have an elitist (maybe there is a better adjective) attitude about ES and don't like the idea of too many others owning the same item. I don't understand this line of thinking at all.

Back