Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I need now to make the JLA is a Flash, Aquaman and Martian. Come on SS bring on Flash and Martian!!

You mean you wouldn't be tempted with a Hawkman, Green Arrow, and Black Canary?

I am in the same boat. I think I can stop with Big Seven...but the more I think about it I doubt there is an end to my JLA if SS continues.....

I am in the same boat. I think I can stop with Big Seven...but the more I think about it I doubt there is an end to my JLA if SS continues.....

Depends on price.

I would love a Hawkman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Supergirl, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Shazam, Black Adam, Flash, Aquaman, Huntress, Bizarro, Solomen Grundy, Reverse Flash, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Captain Atom, The Question (No Googly Eyes), The Atom, Deadman, Jonah Hex, Penguin, Mister Miracle, Grodd, I could go on and on and on. The DC world has such great characters that translate so well into this medium.

I would buy them all. Just not at $450+ each.

Hawkman yes but he was JSA more than JLA. Green Arrow and Canary aren't really core members but if SS came up with a great sculpt then I would be definitely in for those. As of right now I would be happy with the Trinity and the ones I mentioned, and maybe SS can do a new GL to fit into the museum lineup.

Depends on price.

I would love a Hawkman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Supergirl, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Shazam, Black Adam, Flash, Aquaman, Huntress, Bizarro, Solomen Grundy, Reverse Flash, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Captain Atom, The Question (No Googly Eyes), The Atom, Deadman, Jonah Hex, Penguin, Mister Miracle, Grodd, I could go on and on and on. The DC world has such great characters that translate so well into this medium.

I would buy them all. Just not at $450+ each.

With the price increasing. Must be super selective now. Can't buy every DC release.

behold! the superficial stuff that belong to Mr. Green:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hawkman yes but he was JSA more than JLA. Green Arrow and Canary aren't really core members but if SS came up with a great sculpt then I would be definitely in for those. As of right now I would be happy with the Trinity and the ones I mentioned, and maybe SS can do a new GL to fit into the museum lineup.

YES! Another Green Lantern is a must for me also.

Mine arrived yesterday. I was really excited to have her. She's not perfect and there's some paint imperfections but over all she came out pretty nicely done.

0ced9936-2b6f-433c-a849-c5304ec33c23_zpsig5rn0oz.jpg

cc32713b-2634-4a8b-86f3-ef3393479338_zpsiui0m0gh.jpg

ef8e0b82-6f72-4527-88f2-c743ab9ce6c9_zpse1vfwkhe.jpg

641c965c-47b2-48bb-bf7a-abb04efc678b_zpskxzn0fnq.jpg

4f3e465f-6968-4c9a-a737-a90f6f03f999_zpsabdcfn05.jpg

ww_h_zpsfzkwgmis.jpg

ww_d_zpsg4s0gxkz.jpg

e543e372-33ce-4167-bc5a-e4ad70adcc9d_zpsneywtdmj.jpg

I hope this will make SS provide smaller edition sizes in the future. They sure have pushed the ES on these DC releases. So I sure hope this and other releases have been a learning experience for SS.

They have definitely have high thoughts on the DC pieces i.e. in terms of the popularity of the characters and the number of collectors who'd buy these. While this hobby surely is growing, I'm just not convinced that it's that big still.
I have assumed, particularly with their focus on TBD edition sizes, that pre-order levels from their site and from secondary retailers have driven the ultimate edition sizes here. That there is some standard calculation of # pre-orders + standard, anticipated % of additional sales following release = production run

But who knows? I know that products going to "waitlist" and then even "out of stock" and then later "in stock" and then "waitlist" again isn't all that new for SSC. QC issues may affect this strongly, as lots of returns could mean lots of statues that get patched up and resold, so maybe you would expect to see more of this on figures that have worse QC than others. Looks like the nature of this statue lent itself to more QC problems due to the fragile/smallish pieces here and there.

I received my replacement body and shield today. The shield is perfect no bubbles marks or scratches and the body is night and day to my 1st WW. NONE of the issues of my previous and she sits better on the base now as well. I am very happy with her now.

I received my replacement body and shield today. The shield is perfect no bubbles marks or scratches and the body is night and day to my 1st WW. NONE of the issues of my previous and she sits better on the base now as well. I am very happy with her now.

Congrats.... It's always a good feeling to finally get a good one...

Congrats.... It's always a good feeling to finally get a good one...

Yeah, When I opened the box the second time I wasn't as excited I was more apprehensive. I pulled the shield out and studied it and once I couldn't find anything wrong I looked at the body in the box and paused. When I finally took the plastic off her I basically put her under a microscope then I made sure all the pegs fit properly and finally once she sat on my table assembled I exhaled a sigh of relief and I smiled. I don't like having to keep my guard up, I would rather just be excited I got a package than have to worry about QC and inspect it with a fine tooth comb. The feeling of a statue that is everything you want is so nice and I get so excited when I am first opening the box that I may overlook things that down the line would bother me once the initial excitement dies down. I always try and have a second set of eyes when I get a new piece to help see things I may miss. I first started collecting Art of war statues. I must say I never ever had to worry about their stuff the prototype and the production piece look identical. What the **** is SS problem in this regard? Anyway I am finally happy to display my WW

Back