Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this will make SS provide smaller edition sizes in the future. They sure have pushed the ES on these DC releases. So I sure hope this and other releases have been a learning experience for SS.

I'm all for smaller ES and premium quality, not all these QC issues I read about. :lecture Seems like they just wanna churn a ton out for the $$ and I understand it's a business, but they have to provide better quality product for the amount they retail for.

They have definitely have high thoughts on the DC pieces i.e. in terms of the popularity of the characters and the number of collectors who'd buy these. While this hobby surely is growing, I'm just not convinced that it's that big still.

A couple flaws I will work on with SS, but overall an amazing piece!!

16562348813_f1272c0efe_b.jpg

16993923820_2c1022025d_b.jpg

17179851982_2db689c6a8_b.jpg

17180914841_1130335c37_b.jpg

16995330659_796be731c0_b.jpg

16996629249_edf485ae9b_b.jpg

17182800815_3feb9b8157_b.jpg

16974083207_b76db35515_b.jpg

Just curious what you guys think. Why wouldn't they just make the cloth on the spear... CLOTH? those casting lines look like ****. I love this piece and SS is sending me a bunch of replacement stuff to fix my problems. We will see. But yeah why not use cloth on the spear?

Just curious what you guys think. Why wouldn't they just make the cloth on the spear... CLOTH? those casting lines look like ****. I love this piece and SS is sending me a bunch of replacement stuff to fix my problems. We will see. But yeah why not use cloth on the spear?

I wondered that too, i imagine that it would have been cheaper using clothe as well as sparing them a lot of qc complaints, though who knows maybe it cost a few cents more to use clothe so they opted for plastic. I received wonder woman with dings of her face, rattling polystone in base, what appeared to be knife or scissor slashes on both sides of the abdomen and overall poor paint, i'm absolutely sure i would have qualified for a replacement but i decided for a refund, whatever the hell factory that statue came from i want none of there work.

Until some other companies get the comic DClicense, no way SS is gonna lower the ES. Qc on the other hand, what's new hahaha

My guess is so they could give a 'dynamic' look being blown by the wind whereas cloth typically just hangs due south.

I destroyed my first one due to a flawed spear and it appears to be polystone rather than plastic to me FWIW,

My guess is so they could give a 'dynamic' look being blown by the wind whereas cloth typically just hangs due south.

I destroyed my first one due to a flawed spear and it appears to be polystone rather than plastic to me FWIW,

What is FWIW?

She is holding the spear on an age so the cloth would essentially hand the same and if its torn (or has wires like the cape) you could easily have the in the wind dynamic look.

What is FWIW?

She is holding the spear on an age so the cloth would essentially hand the same and if its torn (or has wires like the cape) you could easily have the in the wind dynamic look.

I'm not going to argue with you. You asked what folks thought and I gave my opinion.

IMO(in my opinion) polystone looks more consistent than cloth with or without wires. The casting lines don't bother me because I don't notice them in the aggregate and I prefer it over cloth.

YMMV(your mileage may vary).

I'm not going to argue with you. You asked what folks thought and I gave my opinion.

IMO(in my opinion) polystone looks more consistent than cloth with or without wires. The casting lines don't bother me because I don't notice them in the aggregate and I prefer it over cloth.

YMMV(your mileage may vary).

Didn't realize we were arguing. Sheesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My trinity is now complete. Quite happy with my WW. She looks stunning. I think I prefer her with the shield than the axe.

I agree; I wouldn't have cared for a piece of cloth hanging awkwardly off this otherwise fully sculpted piece.

Anyone else have an ever so slightly curved spear? Any ideas on straightening it out?

I agree; I wouldn't have cared for a piece of cloth hanging awkwardly off this otherwise fully sculpted piece.

Anyone else have an ever so slightly curved spear? Any ideas on straightening it out?

Blow drier maybe like the baroness's bent gun tip. That's what ss told me to do is to blow dry it and bend it back. I never did it because I worry it will snap.

Back